Consolidated Candidate Thread for OC

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by mikehev, Dec 1, 2013.

1. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +403
    As if “we” have a choice. ;) Appears WM and Foley have decided though. Christenson would have already been hired if it was him. I’d like to have Christenson, Mazzone or Norvell over Helton. Anderson is headed to Arky State, so he’s no longer an option.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  2. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Arkansas State:
    A source close to the situation has confirmed with CoachingSearch that despite speculation this evening, North Carolina offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Blake Anderson does not have an offer from Arkansas State at this point. A different source tells CoachingSearch that Arkansas State officials are making a run at Clemson offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Chad Morris, tonight. If Morris declines, Anderson could emerge as the guy, but any information right now suggesting that he will be the head coach at Arkansas State is just a guess.

Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch2m
    There is certainly a chance, even in short order tonight, that Blake Anderson will have an offer, but not as of 15 minutes ago.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. G8torsRUL

Ratings Received:
    +403
    Man, I’d rather see Morris get it. Truth be told, none of us know who’s at the top of the list and so Anderson not getting the Arky State job may not even matter. It at least keeps things interesting around here.
  4. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +307
    Revisiting my previous hit list, I still think these guys would be great. Not saying Helton might not work out, but if the hire were mine these guys would be ahead of Helton......

Mike Norvell - This would be top choice at this point. Many have said that he is close with Graham and understandable, but I would hope that if they are so close, that Graham would not begrudge this young man an opportunity to advance. Will probably get the Arkansas State job and if not look for him to get close to a mil and stay at ASU
    Kenny Edenfield - Top 17 offense in the country 2 of his 3 season with Troy. Also like that he dropped 721 on Tennessee, the most ever given up and another 500+on Miss. St last year rebuking the myth of producing against SEC competition.
    Mike Yurcich - Another so called reach, but he can move the football and score points. My only knock on him is he is more pass oriented and not so balanced, but he can produce.
    Sterlin Gilbert - Eastern Illinois, I have a huge gut instinct and have tried to talk myself out of it, but I see the head coach moving on very soon to a bigger job and Sterlin may want to take the leap. Took EIU from 2-9 to 7-5 and now 11-1 this year with only loss against Northern Illinois by 4. I liked what I saw against Northern Illinois.
    Dave Schramm - has coached every offensive position, which I think helps an OC understanding all aspects. He has been recruiting coordinator for 15 years. Can't argue with his success. Probably will not be seeking a HC job.
    Dave Taaffe - a wealth of experience and took UCF from 119th offense to where they are today. The job he did with Maryland was fantastic. Runs a balanced attack.
    Tony Franklin - Sonny Dykes loves this guy and the numbers tell why. As OC of Kentucky he took them to the 2nd rated passing offense in the country and 1th in total offense...that's right Kentucky. He has got Cal at the # 33 spot and I would take that every year in a heartbeat. .
    Bill Legg - his record speaks for itself. In 2012, he led Marshall to sixth in total offense and Numero Uno in pass offense in the nation, but more importantly 2nd in the nation in 3rd down efficiency....in 2013 44.6 PPG (6th), 513 YPG (9th), Red Zone 91 % (9th), 3rd Down (5th) avg. 293 Yds. Passing and 219 Rushing Balance....Balance....Balance...
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,423
    3rd down and RZ efficiency stand out for Legg. If we combine that with great defense, we should have a winner.
  6. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +307
    Yeah, those numbers speak volumes, plus I don't see him as a coach that is looking to springboard into a HC job, he is a very good coordinator and I think that is what he wants to be.....also the biggest thing that impresses me about him is he took Purdue to the Big Ten lead in total offense and passing......that's right Purdue. Plus he has a great background as an OL coach, which is huge.....
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AFCyberGator

AFCyberGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +343
    I don't know about you ladies and gentlemen, but this "Thoughts of the Day" article makes a compelling argument that Lane Kiffin and Kerwin Bell are the best of what is left, assuming all the others have been offered pay increases at their current schools.
  8. mikehev

mikehev Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +630
    Tweets
    1. [​IMG]Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi15m
      RT "@Goldkamp247: UAA jet landed in Raleigh at 5:54 a.m., left Raleigh at 6:36 a.m. and arrived back in Gainesville at 8:09 a.m. #Gators"

2. [​IMG]Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi27m
      Well then. RT "@coachingsearch: I've learned Will Muschamp is meeting with Duke offensive coordinator Kurt Roper today."

3. [​IMG]Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi28m
      Air traffic control employee at Raleigh–Durham Airport tells me a FLA jet picked up someone this morning & flew back to G'ville. Kurt Roper?

In Christ forever,
    Mike
    John 3:16
  9. 62gator

62gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    Florida: Multiple reports are circulating this morning that Will Muschamp is meeting with Duke offensive coordinator Kurt Roper about his vacant offensive coordinator position. Will update...

All the talk that they already had their guy and were just waiting until Jan 1st to announce is probably not accurate. Interesting...
    • Like Like x 1
  10. G8torsRUL

Ratings Received:
    +403
  11. G8torsRUL

Ratings Received:
    +403

I posted a link. Didn't see you post above.
  12. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +307
    I have said all along that the reason he said he would wait until after the bowl games to make a decision was not out of respect or that they had their guy, but that he was not really sure who would take the job and who they might really want, he was buying time and did not want to make a knee jerk decisison. If they had a deal in place it would be announced, Blake Anderson didn't wait. Bob Diaco got hired on Wednesday, well before their bowl game and Chuck Martin went running to Miami, (O) inn a hurry, no waiting, Charlie Partridge to FAU...and so on. Asst. Coaches taking head jobs. Granted these are HC jobs, but still don't see the need to wait......., The dominos have been falling quickly.
    Army needs a coach, Dino Babers has moved up and will take his OC(whom I wanted here) with him to BGU. The list goes on.

So my theory has been that they are making it up on the fly....sure they probably had a list, but saying they would wait at least held off the mob.....
  13. 62gator

62gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    No problem......your link had much more info. Like this:

"The Associated Press reported last week Muschamp interviewed former Florida quarterback and FCS-level coach Kerwin Bell for the team’s offensive coordinator position".