Conservatives: Pre-Existing Conditions?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by 108, Oct 5, 2013.

1. northandsouth

northandsouth Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    Sometimes a few simple words crystallize the truth.

Your repetitive assertion that others must be compelled to fulfill your RIGHT to healthcare is such.

Your belief can be based on nothing more than greed or bar issim. I realize you do not accept this realization. No one wants to face such faults.

And you have just doubled down. "Socialized" anything requires compelling everyone to mutually fulfill your wants and needs from the fruits of their labors. Greed. Narcissm. Easy to detect.
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    Their selfishness is what causes their ignorance to the medical profession.

It is frustrating and sad.
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    This also...
  4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    Chomp are you ready to ask all of your family members not in the healthcare business to sacrifice so others can more easily afford the service/product they are involved in delivering?
  5. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +305
    Thanks to regulations, the private sector can't exploit America to as unfair or selfish of an extent as they would like to.
  6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    Your ignorance is palpable!
  7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    You ready to answer chomp?

Are you ready to tell your family members to sacrifice who are not in the healthcare field?
  8. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,942
    why do you libs and so called moderates always want us to run our country based upon the exception
  9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    We have a quasi fascist healthcare system and I am surprised the statist does not see it.
  10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    Bill I think you misplaced your comment here. Or the libs was sarcasm?
  11. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +365
    First of all, I have not read the entire thread, but I have seen some posts on which I feel obliged to comment.

108 is asking some good questions. Whether or not he's sincere in his quest for common ground remains to be seen. I challenged him in the single payer thread and have not received response. Maybe the light bulb is going off.

Pre-existing conditions are a scam, plain and simple. That's like a term life insurance company getting pissed when you die. Sooner or later, we will all have "pre-existing conditions". Do I really think it's fair to pay my insurance company $12K year after year only to have them drop me if I need emergency surgery one year? Are the insurance companies saying they only want to sell to the healthy?
    At the same time, as I argued in the single payer thread, we have to realize the insurance company isn't a charity, it's a business serving a need, covering a risk that I couldn't cover myself. We can't expect them to lose their shirts covering a train wreck of a patient that won't take care of himself. Personally, I would have endorsed a law doing away with pre-existing conditions, but allowing the companies to charge that high-risk patient whatever maximum premium is allowable by the state's insurance commissioner. I also have sympathy for those born with defects or illness. Some posters have mentioned charity, but if I had a child with mental retardation or Downs, I'd want to have something more substantial to hang my hat on other than the hope of possible charity. Fortunately, most patients that are truly "handicapped" are covered by our safety nets, Medicare and Medicaid.
    So while I think 108 is asking some valid questions, the answers are not simple. I think all but the most hardcore right wingers would agree to the banning of pre-existing condition clauses, but how to implement that is the bigger question. I'm all ears if anyone has any bright ideas.
  12. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    Same way it was done before government interjected itself at unprecedented levels. I think you have the same heart Dr. Paul speaks of and it is the same heart most doctors have.

A free market not only benefits everyone but also allows the building of people. Verse the governments creation of dependence.

No one is against a "safety net" for those who cannot take care of themselves. It should be handled from the state level IMO as we see what happens when the Feds try to call something a "safety net"...
  13. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +305
    It's a progressive system, some will make sacrifices and some won't. No system is perfect.
  14. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +365
    You handled yourself very well in this thread. Lots of truth in there, particularly the "building of people" comment.
    I used to work for a big corporate hospital. Not as big as the federal government, but the same mentality. I would want to sponsor the high school football team, and the hospital would say "Why would you want to do that? That costs money!"
    Now that I'm my own boss, I sponsor multiple school activities to the tune of several thousand dollars. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, I'm doing what several other small businesses do in my community. But to your point, it's amazing how charitable people become when they are allowed to keep more of their own money.
    Yet several on here want to trust in the charitable nature of a big faceless monolithic government.
  15. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +365
    At the same time, I must admit to being more sympathetic to certain left-leaning posters who may genuinely care for their fellow man. Their intentions are noble, although their understanding of the real world leaves alot to be desired. It certainly beats those who want to change healthcare to simply dodge their own bills or serve their own interests.
  16. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    That was not the question.

Are you ready to tell your family members to sacrifice in whatever industry they are in so others can more easily afford their product/service?

It has nothing to do with a progressive system.

I will be shocked if you actually give me an answer but I hope you will. It is a simple yes or no. You seem to think it is simple that you should own the right to a persons life who works in healthcare. I want to know if you feel the same way about your family members who do not work in healthcare?
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    Exactly.

Well said.
  18. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +268
    He will not answer because it will be painting himself into a corner. There is no right to health care if it means taking rights away from others.

Pre existing conditions are like buying fire insurance when the fire trucks on the way to your burning structure.
  19. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    Yep. Which is why I said I would be shocked if they actually answered.

That said the silence speaks for itself!
  20. billfisher65

billfisher65 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +157
    Well Id need to know at what point you consider a child a child. Because most liberals would say that he should have been aborted so I need some clarification.