Conservatives: Pre-Existing Conditions?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by 108, Oct 5, 2013.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,464
    while I have issues with how unemployment is handled this is not about unemployment

dyno- if the ACA was really just about giving the 35+ million who did not have inusrance cover, incurance coverage then that wouled have been one thing-the ACA is aob9ut the guvment usurping more of our freedoms and creating a permanent dependent class-there are ways to insure the 35+ million without screwing up our entire healthcare system and the ONLY way they can make it work is to force it upon the 300+ million who have health insurance-once again liberal politicians enacted a law for the exception
  2. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +396
    I always try to employ some degree of civility on too hot. I don't like to be dragged down by those who don't use such a descretion. There are a lot of trolls out there and makes it hard to not retaliate. I not one for giving the other side disrespect unless it's not shown to me. If I didn't read Obozo so often I probably would say dumbarse Tea Partiers.

As far as Canada goes, I think you'll find that the majority of Canadians like their health care system. Same thing you would find in England and the other deveoped nations.
  3. northandsouth

northandsouth Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    Not directed at me I understand, but this is another example of your complete lack of understanding.

Unemployment Insurance is a premium paid BEFORE you suffer the pains of unemployment. It is the perfect hedge against the consequences.

Should someone be allowed to not pay unemployment taxes and then collect unemloyment insurance payments if they suddenly become unemployed? Same thing as pre-existing medical conditions.

Look, we understand. You want to feel morally superior and project this image you care more about the poor. But all you want is to steal from some and give to others. This is not really hard to understand. If you really care about the poor, then start a commune and donate all your assets to the pot and take in some needy people. Hell, volunteer to pay the medical insurance of just one person with a pre-existing condition. Make a personal sacrifice to ensure someone has this RIGHT to healthcare before you want to make your greedy grab for the wealth of others.
  4. philnotfil

philnotfil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +728
    What do you tell a child who is born with a pre-existing condition?
  5. northandsouth

northandsouth Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    It has nothing to do with fear with chomp. Many times he has stated he has coverage and is happy with it.

This is pure greed. From him and those who demand that those more successful pay for their poor choices.

Poor choices is what drives this. And all the Liberals want to do is insulate people from those poor choices. Often with the empty promise that they will make the "rich" pay for the mistakes. This really is pretty simple.
  6. northandsouth

northandsouth Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    My wife and I donate six figures a year to charitable causes. Our church, a medical clinic in Brazil, a prison ministry, center for abused spouses, and a drug prevention program.

Do not even pretend to argue that many of us who object at this abomination of a program do so because we would rather see people die than give up a substantial chunk of our income.

Is that what you truly believe? Then if so, it says much more about you than those you wish to accuse.
  7. northandsouth

northandsouth Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    That there are many charities more than willing to assist them?
  8. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +396
    I earned mine as a retire military veteran. You know what they say about assumtions.
  9. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +396
    Diagnosing someone as narcissistic based on one sentence says a lot about you. I do believe that medicine should be more socialized especially as far as third party insurers are concerned, that doesn't make me a narcissist.
  10. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +829
    Haha, I appreciate the first part, but try to understand how the rest of us feel. I honestly believe that there are other Democrats-Bill Clinton, Bill Bradley, Evan Bayh- who would not be foisting this scheme on the American people, so we tend to put the blame on one person, hence the disrespect for the CIC.

Funny thing about Canadians and Brits. Ignorance is bliss, and that's what the CIC is trying to create here, he's trying to make you not realize what you're missing. You say you're retired military. Think of it as Tricare. The people with Prime don't realize what they're missing compared to Standard. Standard patients pick their doctors, their hospitals, no referrals. Prime patients get to choose their family doc, that's it, everything else pretty much requires a bureaucrat to decide.
    Well, in Canada, people are happy...because there is no alternative. There is no disposable income to go private. If you've never been to Canada, don't buy anything there. Shoes, jeans, T shirts cost double. Ordinary Canadians can't afford private insurance. But I took care of a lot of vacationing Canadians in the hospital in Florida. They MUCH prefer our standard of care and luxury, just not the price.
    Don't get me started on the Brits. But even they are starting to see the light. For the first time in my lifetime, you are starting to see private doctors and hospitals in the UK.
  11. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +396
    Wonder if they're going to push for a voucher-type system like we have with our state education systems?

From Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP):A Brief History: Universal Health Care Efforts in the US
  12. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +644
    From the same article I posted.

Absolutely they do but insurance has paid a chunk of most of those so it is minimalized. From those who had insurance the average was $18K (I rounded up for each). So the other 700K would account for $12.6 billion. Combines would be 0.7% for those who cite medical bills as a reason for filing bankruptcy. I question whether those numbers ($18K and $27K) are actually all medical bills or a combo of medical and other debts. But if we take the conservative case using numbers from the article rounding up. Rounding down the GDP and using 17% of GDP as healthcare spending we get a grand total of an estimated 0.7% of write offs from bankruptcy to healthcare providers.

Not that big.

Voluntary write offs are typically money makers from my perspective. MRMC charges $12K (approx if I remember right) insurance for e birth of a child normal pregnancy. For a cash payer like me they charged $3600. That is not a write off IMO. As they avoid insurance hassle and I am confident is saying Medicaid is not sending MRMC $3600 and that is there negociated fee if you pay cash. It is what they charge. This is part of the messed up part of medicine and billing and I am sure we agree on that.
  13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +644
    The Free Market!

"In the days before Medicare and Medicaid, the poor and elderly were admitted to hospitals at the same rate they are now, and received good care. Before those programs came into existence, every physician understood that he or she had a responsibility towards the less fortunate and free medical care was the norm. Hardly anyone is aware of this today, since it doesn’t fit into the typical, by the script story of government rescuing us from a predatory private sector."

http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/health-care/
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +644
    Exactly!
  15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +644
    Please provide evidence of this before the government jumped into healthcare at unprecedented levels back in the 60's.

Your ignorance of the medical profession is sad.
  16. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +644
    Are you willing to sacrifice your salary to make whatever you do more affordable toothers?
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +644
  18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +644
    A canadian's perspective...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yIJa4140a0A
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yIJa4140a0A
  19. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +644
    Well the vast majority will have insurance whether it be their parents or the state...
  20. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +829
    Out of all that, this is the part you quoted? What did you think of the other stuff?:grin: