Conservatives: Pre-Existing Conditions?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by 108, Oct 5, 2013.

1. tideh8rGator

tideh8rGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +472
    Actually, it's more that obsamacare REQUIRES them to buy insurance, which is lose-lose, the govt and the insurer both benefit and the middle-class American pays the bill.

Nothing obsama does gives anyone any "opportunity" for themselves. ALL that he and his cronies ever do is speak the language of Require, Mandate, Coerce... the culture of Power and Control.

And Conservatives are supposed to be the mean-spirited ones.

Liberals are hypocritical LIARS
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Conservatives are doodie heads.
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +721
    Thanks for showing it is academics that want single payer. Now lets see about the majority on the front lines...
  4. northandsouth

northandsouth Member

Ratings Received:
    +70
    I love the qualifer "in any absolute sense" but then you describe where society makes the judgement to do exactly that.

My protestations here are mainly with the thought process that allows someone to conclude they have a RIGHT to the time and talents of another human. That is frankly appalling. And is a destruction of the concept of a free society. But it appears to have manifested itself in a large faction of our nation (I intentionally do not use society because I believe we are too balkanized to be considered one today).

I forget the political philosopher who coined the phrase (loosely translated) "a free society will cease to be when a majority of the population realize they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury" but it is true and we have reached that point.

The very idea someone can reach the conclusion someone must become a doctor and must treat him at a fee he dictates by law because he has a RIGHT to healthcare I just cannot comprehend.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. billfisher65

billfisher65 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +839
    That would be the Scot, Alexander Fraser Tytler
  6. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +478
    Are you certain that all of the MDs on that list are strictly academics?
  7. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,137
    Yes, the well-known dispenser of fake internet quotes.
  8. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,057
    Having all healthcare companies selling across all state lines which means more competition which drives down costs.

Put a limit on blood sucking ambulance chasers, cap their piece of the lawsuit if they win to 5% instead of 30%. That will drive down costs.

Hospitals already have nutritionists on staff so with the people that are obese threaten to increase their premiums by 50% unless they join the weight loss program. Here's another 10-15% decrease in costs.

See, not to hard, I have reduced cost by what 50% just on 3 things. Not bad for something that took me all of 3 minutes to think of.

Just think if I took a whole day, I could save everybody 3,000% in all 57 states. :ninja:
  9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +721
    The four bios all were with two spending a little time in the private side it appeared.

Do you really think a majority of doctors working the front lines (private medicine) want single payer?
  10. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +907
    I love how people who know nothing about medicine ignore the posts and warnings from those of us IN medicine and instead pin all their hopes and dreams on a talking head in a white coat that they don't even know. I still remember that press conference Obama held when he had a row of people behind him in white coats, then we found out that a lot of them weren't even doctors, and those white coats were handed out by the Administration for effect.
  11. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Since we are almost all patients at one time - some of us more than others - it's hard to imagine that anyone "knows nothing" about medicine. The experience of doctors is more expert and complete but like those who have a building constructed for them whose thoughts on the process should be considered, patients also bring their experience which doctors - like builders - should value. It is a fact that doctors are not monolithic in their opinions on either Obamacare or other solutions to our health care funding problems, which seriously threaten the federal budget as well as many family budgets.
  12. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +478
    Once doctors learn the truth instead of believing the propaganda by insurance companies I think the popularity of single-payer will grow. One of the main reasons I have posted below.

13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +721
    You think those actually delivering medicine do not know the truth? A majority will tell you insurance has become a huge problem. Especially with the mindset people think everything is suppose to be a small copay when they go.

That does not change the fact that most want nothing to do with single payer. They want the autonomy to deliver medicine properly!
  14. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +907
    Correct.
  15. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +907
    Aren't you lucky that you, a non-physician, knows the truth about single payer while I, a physician who spends every free moment in Canada and has family in the UK, do not.

I like you, chomp, but for your sake, I hope you don't gravitate to physicians that are as clueless as you.
  16. ArtDeco

Ratings Received:
    +907
    Wow, chomp! Look at post #138 from this very same thread! So you really do agree with my points, and I must know what I'm talking about! Maybe I'm not a ditch digger with a PhD after all, huh? Maybe I'm what I say I am, and maybe just maybe I have researched this stuff for years long before Obama came on the scene. And...here's the stretch... maybe if you'd open your mind, put your liberal bias on the shelf, and read more of my posts, you'd realize, wow, this guy is trying to teach me something, and he's usually right.
  17. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Yeah Chomp, and if you don't it's probably because you're a dead beat who doesn't pay his bills.
  18. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,391
    probably true
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +169
    You are aware that the individual mandate originated in a paper by two Heritage Foundation healthcare economists. The last time I checked Heritage was not exactly a liberal organization. You can read about the plan and Heritage's position by clicking here A Health Plan for America.

By the way, if the Congressional Republicans were actually interesting in enacting a more acceptable healthcare reform plan they would have worked with the Democrats in 2009 and 2010. Instead their goal was to kill any legislation proposed by the Obama administration and the Democrats. After the ACA was enacted the House Republicans tried to repeal it at least 40 times. Not once did the House or Senate Republicans introduce serious legislation to amend the statute.

Getting back to original topic of this thread, apparently conservatives have no problem with denying affordable health insurance based on the preexisting condition exclusion to children born with congenital birth defects or survivors of childhood cancer among others.
  20. northandsouth

northandsouth Member

Ratings Received:
    +70
    Have ZERO problem with people with pre-existing conditions getting healthcare.

Have MULTIPLE problems with the government MANDATING that insurance providers must provide same.

Are you capable of discerning the difference in you failed attempt to play "gotcha?"

Children born with health issues will be covered by their parents policies (assuming the parents are responsible enough to actually have medical insurance). There are actually medical insurance plans currently available to continue their coverage well into old age.

Costs a little more. But I suppose you object to someone with a known illness being forced to pay a little more for certain expenditures, so you may not care. Afterall, you do include the word "affordable" in your mistatement of fact.

Let me ask you a direct question. What percentage of your gross income do you donate to the cause of charitable healthcare for the poor and needy? What amount of your own personal money do you currently make available to those you feel so desprately need assistance? Or is your level of commitment limited only to the amount of money you feel have more? Do not tell us you "give what you can" and that is all you can do. If you truly are this troubled by their plight, you will give more than you can. You would sacrifice the basic necessities of your own family if you truly cared as you assert. Somehow, I doubt you do.