Confessions of an SEC bag man

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Apr 10, 2014.

1. tommyvee

tommyvee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +425
    Our bag men can only afford scooters.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,674
    Eh. You would have to be naive if you didn't believe this happens at every school to some degree.

I am sure we can all guess which schools have more organized bag men than others.
  3. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,674
    The difference between the ACC and the SEC is in the ACC, the coaches are the bag men.
  4. newmanium

newmanium Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +63
    Maybe I was the only one, but a few paragraphs into that story I got the feeling it was a distinct possibility it was written by a butthurt Big 10er to demean the SEC. There's no possible manner to confirm its credibility and author regardless will hide behind "can't reveal sources" in such a topic sensitive article knowing no one will expect him to turn on his "sources".

I don't know, it just reeks of the way someone chapped with jealousy would write something they "assume" is the truth and "assumes" everyone's thinks it is.

Do I think this goes on at major programs? Absolutely. Do I think it happens in the SEC? No doubt. But do I think it happens "everywhere"? Absolutely not.

When I was at UF in the mid-90's I was very aware something was awry with the "new cars" some players drove. But it turned out every single one of those players I saw driving new Navigators, the very first year they were ever made, were all connected to Tank Black.

I really don't think there's any way Foley would ever let it fly for any coach of any sport at UF to break such significant NCAA rules or any for that matter. I feel that mainly because JF has proven smart enough to know none of them should have to at a place like Florida.

I'm not ignorant enough though, to believe there's no possibility that we have boosters who would try and regularly flow $$ and other benefits to recruits or current players. But it's such a small world now that I don't think it would be possible to get away with such activity for long without having JF find out, put a fork in it and ostracize the booster from anything to do with UF.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. aggie96

aggie96 Member

Ratings Received:
    +106
    ;)Well at least we know it didn't happen in College Station... We don't have a Waffle House... LMAO
    It happens all over I am sure. I have a good friend that played at TCU back in the day and he said it went on like crazy back then. We can only hope that it doesn't happen at our schools and when that big story comes out about it just be relieved it wasn't at your Alma Mater
    • Agree Agree x 2