Compare and Contrast ∙ Florida Quarterbacks Franks, Trask and Jones

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by mulegator, Jun 6, 2018.

1. LS1

LS1 Sophomore

Ratings Received:
    +92
    I feel like Franks and Trask will both see the field in our first game, and whoever starts the Kentucky game will probably be the guy for the rest of the season. I also feel like Coach Mullen already has an idea about which guy he's leaning towards. I don't see Jones playing at all this year unless Mullen really doesn't feel at all comfortable with Franks and Trask.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Trask wins the job.
  2. jeffbrig

jeffbrig GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +1,449
    From his comments on the gator club chat circuit, I don't think that's the case. He's bluntly stated that someone needs to step up, make a leap - on their own, in the offseason, and come back better for fall camp. Through film study, going through reps with receivers, you name it. That tells me that none of them are where he wants them to be right now. If no one improves from their off-season workouts, it's gonna be a long season at the QB position. If more than one player steps up, we'll have a healthy QB competition in fall camp.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +10,103
    My understanding of the situation is the exact opposite. Mac runs a true pro style, works well with elite talent across the board. Bimbo, has the better offense for the college game with the limited time available to coach and not perfect talent, ex bama, across the board..
  4. mulegator

mulegator Neanderthal Ninja Vigilante Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +14,057
  5. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +573
    Both have pro concepts. Unfortunately to make his scheme more college friendly Mac used less plays and ran them out of multiple formations to disguise and used motion to try to make the defense tip their hand. That works in some cases; however, teams like Bama, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, FSU, and ATM are going to have freaks on defense every year that do not allow easy mismatches, and they are going to have sound, well-coached defenses, so his offense never got rolling, mostly without enough talent. I would agree Jimbo had a better college-ready offense, but was not easy on QB.