Coming ACA Impacts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by baygator1, Jul 25, 2013.

1. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,533
    I disagree with wgbgator, though I respect his thoughtful replies. The ability to price a customized product in insurance, including health insurance, is becoming more and more precise with advent of metadata and our ability to process all that information. (see the previous post of a customized homeowners and/or auto policy) The truth is the politicians want the power and don't give a flying fart about the average Joe.

Take Florida's Citizen's Insurance Program - backed by YOU the taxpayer. This program is not actuarially sound at all; however, the lowered premiums for folks on the coasts (who have the money, i.e. campaign contributors) means the politicians are willing to screw over the rest of the State. It's happened in Florida for property insurance why do we find it surprising it's happening nationally for health insurance? My original point; and, it still stands, is that we are having our choices narrowed by the "pro-choice" crowd - nothing anyone has said has refuted that point. Again, hypocrisy rules! (Look out, Jersey, you've got some competition).
  2. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    We just dropped a medically underwritten BCBS policy for my healthy young wife. The premiums were jumping about 20% every six months and had gotten ridiculous. Now I understand what is driving the BCBS premium increases. Can't say I blame them. They don't want to be underpriced when ACA fully arrives. Yes Nancy, we are finding out what's in it. Obama is the worst kind of craven liar.
  3. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +259
    What is the male equivalence to pregnancy that women must purchase protection
  4. baygator1

baygator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,233
    I just saw that the IRS employee union has asked for an exemption from ACA. The people who will help enforce the law want to be exempted from it.

Don't have time right now, but I'm going to compile a listing over the next couple days of the groups that have asked for exemption and post it here.
  5. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,050
    Will be an interesting list indeed. In the end....EVERY Fed agency will be exempt, EVERY govt worker, regardless---will be exempt, and the ones who will be forced into it will be ONLY the ones who will be hurt the most.

We told them all.....every stupid Hussein supporter was warned. But the Liar in Chief does most certainly know how to sell a pile of chit to the masses. Hell, he got them to buy into HIS re-election. Sort of sums it up right there--stupid is as stupid votes.
  6. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +504
    Face it, you me and everyone else were lied to by the great one. How anyone can think the guy is a good president is beyond me. Perhaps thy should obtain a brain transplant paid for by barrycare.

Even his most adamant supporters if truthful know the public was mislead.
  7. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,346
    Allow NO exemptions by any group or just repeal the whole thing. This is getting ridiculious. But what's new. obama's entire presidency has been nothing but catering to special interests and any source of money.
  8. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +504
    In the dictionary for the word Cluster **** it should say : please see barrycare.
  9. wygator

wygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,119
    Hard to find an actual list, but found these statistics:

You can request your own waiver here, but don't expect much. Individuals aren't considered eligible for waivers by the HHS.