Coach Roper's quotes on Driskel....

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by MyakkaGator, Mar 27, 2014.

1. johnl

johnl Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +588
    Tell me about it. Alli, Jajuan Story, Carl Moore.. damn we just reload at that position.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    What is so controversial here? Was there any doubt that Driskel is an elite athlete with a big arm and pretty ball?

Whether he can translate that into production had always been the issue.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. fox

fox Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,354
    Roper has a big job rebuilding the confidence of this team. Teaching them and getting them to believe. He can't do it without Jeff's help on and off the field. Best case scenario is that him and Harris enjoy each other and become a good duo and feed off each other and juice the offense.
  4. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,415
    Who knows ? Maybe Driskel is getting some real coaching for the first time in his career. So, get off the kid's rear end.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatorcity

gatorcity Member

Ratings Received:
    +272
    This would be my bet. You can't recruit handfuls of 4+ star recruits and have dang near every one become a bust. More likely the offensive coaching has been subpar making everyone look bad. If it were one or two guys struggling that would be one thing, but the whole offense? No way.
  6. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,917
    If I had to make a guess, it started with Meyer (no I'm not starting down THAT road) in that he got enamored with rating stars and not how they fit into what they needed. That is especially true, IMO, on the OLine and receiver positions. After that it has been trying to 1) make up for bad decisions on who to offer and sign and 2) change from a spread offense to a power running game. Unfortunately (or fortunately) 'Champ's second year turned out WAY better than what it reasonably should have had, mostly on the defensive side and the turnover margin. Last year was...well...Karma?

I hope things turn out well for both 'Champ and Driskel. But if things come unraveled some, especially early in the season, well...as I have posted before UF isn't really a good place to learn how to become a football HC. JMHO
    • Agree Agree x 1