Class Predictions

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by BengermanV, Jan 16, 2014.

1. VandyGator13

VandyGator13 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,738
    That's hitting on four big recruits and losing one. If that's how it goes, that's a strong finsh.
  3. Colin

Colin Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +348
    My only concern is OL. If we get Prince I will be thrilled.
  4. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,952
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,738
    Absolutely... all the Red, White and Blue you can drink!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    That certainly would be a strong finish if it were to happen. Since this is a thread on class predictions, I'll take my stab at predicting where the outstanding prospects are headed:

D. Prince - PSU. This is just a hunch. It is a closer school and I think Franklin is a strong recruiter with momentum who can sell the same early planning time with far less uncertainty about his future or the state of the program. In any event, we still have significant competition from Maryland, which was the consensus choice and had been getting most of the recent predictions on 247 before losing their second OL coach in a week.

A. Jackson - USC. I do not expect that he will take his visit to Florida on the 31st, but I will not expect him to sign with us even if he does.

T. Harris - UF. I will predict UF only because I think that we have as good or better a chance as anyone. That being said, with his outstanding visits (AU and UM) and the fact that he is still committed to FSU, I think we have a less than 50% chance overall.

JC Jackson - FSU. I don't think this requires much explanation.

Others: I think we end up with one of Worton and McKenzie, although I have my doubts about both of them. McKenzie has the size and stature of a Chris Rainey without quite the speed or elusiveness. Worton is a strong receiver who is neither fast nor quick. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/152367/cj-worton I think we are able to land an additional DE, most likely McWilliams.

I think that there are a fair number of people who will be very disappointed with the finish set out above. If Harris does not come, it will only be more disappointing. I will be a bit disappointed as well, though the class has to be seen in the context of the terrible season and rampant speculation about Muschamp's future. There was a time, when Cook flipped and it became clear that two other ESPN top-100 players (Lane, Jackson) would be following, that it looked like the class would collapse. That did not happen and we had some nice flips of our own (although I would argue that they did not quite make up for what we lost on offense). There was always the risk that this class would be so bad that it would set the program back. That did not happen and we will likely be somewhere in the 10-15 range nationally.
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +490
    So we whiff on those you consider best and we hit on players you think suck.

Any tornado's or famine in our future.
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,952

I hope your prediction burns in hell;)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  9. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,738
    I added comments in bold, in stream in your quoted post.

In summary, I've got it looking like Prince, Adoree, McKenzie, Worton, Carter and Cajuste.

And I'd be very happy with that.

I wouldn't mind if there really was a big time flip at WR for us (as rumored), that was a more sure thing than Worton, but I think there's a reasonable chance Worton will turn into a player for us, if he does sign. I think the rest will all be players including Cajuste.

Caveat that this is all just a guess on my part. No insider knowledge claimed here.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. slayerxing

slayerxing Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +545
    IMO the program NEEDS a strong recruiting finish this year to give the coaches and the team some momentum heading into the spring. Muschamp has yet to close strong in his time at Florida, but I think we'll be pleasantly surprised this year, because I think hes done his best recruiting this year.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gatorman814

gatorman814 Member

Ratings Received:
    +38

im not feeling you at all. disagree on too many things to even get started. I actually wish I didn't read that..not informative just sounds like you are preparing for the worst instead of hoping for the best.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,952
    Eventually you'll be able to name the poster just by reading their post.

Welcome aboard!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  13. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,952
    I'd agree with our chances with everyone you named. I know most think Carter is dawg bound but he reminds me of Willis; except once again his parents are more supportive. I also am torn on on Harris. Part of me thinks he knows Winston most likely leaves after next season but he could also fight for the starting job here with Grier. I think Harris flips.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  14. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,738
    Hope you're right on Harris. Would really love to see him in this class. We need the depth at QB and the competition, and he can straight ball. Wouldn't surprise me if he beat out Grier and that's saying something. One of them can always redshirt and get some separation, and Roper is not shy about playing two QBs.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    I'm not at all surprised. One has to toe the happy line here or everyone gets upset. But what is really silly is the idea that projecting us to land Harris and miss on a few top guys is akin to predicting a tornado or famine. I hope the really silly among you can get some perspective in the event we close on a slightly disappointing note. How sad.

We may have a better idea on Prince before he arrives in Gainesville. Though I have a hunch the other way, we could very easily land him. I'd even say that I expect to get one of Prince and Harris.

If we closed with the class projected by Zach, it will have been a great close by the staff. If not, it is still a solid class and a very good one under the circumstances.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +893
    You're losing me. Just let people be what they are and deal with it after NSD. We might get lucky.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,205
    I understand the number of signees does not make the class, but considering our numbers have been down in recent years, isn't it important that we fulfill our allotment? From what I've read, the Gators are sitting at 21 commits. What is our benchmark for success based on #s alone?
  18. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,952
    And I hope one day you realize there's a fine line between being realistic and being a pessimist.
    • Boring Boring x 1
  19. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,952
    Sitting on 21 with 7-10 players in the mix. We'll fill this class.
    • Boring Boring x 1
  20. TrillGator

TrillGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +80
    Noles arent so confident on JC Jackson anymore, if he takes that visit then he is probably gone but we have the fam in his ear encouraging his current commitment. I really like our chances with Adoree but he hasnt been on campus since the summer and its hard to pull out of state guys with no recent visits. Hopefully our track program will be enough though. Also, where is Gatoraz? he used to be all over these boards with good insight.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1