Class Predictions

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by BengermanV, Jan 16, 2014.

1. gymgator

gymgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +105
    There have been a number of reports that Dontae Angus could have academic concerns and that is why the additional OLinemen were brought in on visits.

I certainly hope for Lauderdale, Prince & Jackson and it sounds like Porter will commit to UF tonight. Leaving the 5th and final spot to the best available or first to take it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,089
    We should probably move Derrell Scott to a less than 5% chance.

Havelock (N.C.) running back Derrell Scott told 247Sports the Gators still trail South Carolina and Tennessee for his services. He announces his choice Jan. 27.
  3. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +883
    Yeah, I think that's exactly how it is going to turn out. I think Lauderdale and Jackson are about 70%, Prince at about 80%, and Porter at 95%. Prince may have a plan B in Mike. Lauderdale's plan B is probably Autry. Jackson doesn't have a backup plan, but McKenzie would help.
  4. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,089
    @ZachAbolverdi: #UF lands Deiondre Porter one week after offering him. #Gators now have 21 commits in their 2014 class and four more scholarships availabe.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
  6. gators_8

gators_8 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,010
    He isn't a take right now. Same with Scott. We may have room for them on signing day though. Things look pretty good on the recruiting trail right now.
  7. BengermanV

Ratings Received:
    +883
    Yeah, I mentioned somewhere else I'm close to switching my Lauderdale pick. But I don't want to base it off of one fact that might mean nothing (shutting down recruitment post ASU visit).
  8. BengermanV

Ratings Received:
    +883
    I'm switching my Lauderdale pick to McKenzie, who seems to be the better bet as of right now.
  9. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    So, how many players are we thinking are in the class now?

I saw in AS' Recruiting Mailbag he said something about the coaches being allowed to send out 7 LOIs... does that mean we can accept 7 more players than we already have committed (21)?

That would push us to 28, while I thought the target was 25.

Who do we think are most likely now?
    WRs: Mackenzie and perhaps Adoree (backup plan?)
    OL: One of Prince or Mike, and Cajuste
    DL: perhaps one of Carter/Godchaux, and McWilliams
    QB: perhaps Harris
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. gatordude15

gatordude15 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +103
    Oaktown, I truly believe that we finish with QB-Harris, OL-Prince+Mike, and WR's-McKenzie+Adoree.
    I would love to be able to throw Lorenzo Carter into that list too, but his relationship with Pruitt and the fact that he is from GA, mixed with that fact that our bad year was worse than UGA's bad year. I still think that if it were just up to playing time he would be ours to lose with our loss of ROPO. And Georgia having Harvey-Clemons and Jenkins (thought both were going to go to UF).
    Either way, we will be more than fine, but need to pick up a stud DE/Buck next cycle with Fowler probably leaving. Here is to hoping that Alex McCallister has gained his weight and will be able to compete against SEC competition next season, so there isn't a huge dropoff.

Go Gators
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,104
    If Carter chooses the mutts it'll be because of distance. He has a stronger relationship with UF coaches then he does with Pruitt. I still think we have an excellent shot at him; reminds me of the Willis situation except his parents actually seem supportive.

Agree with the others players you listed.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  12. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,069
    If we finish with Harris, Prince, Mike, Adoree, McKenzie we will have one really darn good class, without Carter. But I have to believe that's unrealistic. I could see Prince or Mike plus Adoree or McKenzie, a DL, and WR type. Seems like we're in position to nab a couple DL if needed, even without Carter. Staff's working it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,104
    I agree normally it'd seem unrealistic but like you said this staff is really working it. That being said, Harris and Carter are the two I'm watching. I honestly think we get Adoree, Prince, and McKenzie.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,069
    That would be sick. I really don't know what coaches say to kids to get them to switch. Really, no idea. But if you're about to close really strong I imagine some recruits listen to the part of the overall presentation that they are going to be joining a phenomenal class when all is said and done.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. gatordude15

Ratings Received:
    +103
    With this staff's much discussed "inability to close" I would usually say a late haul that includes two 5* players, two 4* players, and a 3* player is impossible. But in my mind Harris is ours to lose even with his commitment to the school out west. Adoree Jackson is too interested in our track program for me to think he goes elsewhere, but we will see where he takes that last official visit. Prince's best friend, Tabor, is committed to the Gators, and his biggest issue is early playing time, which we have in spades. Mike seems to be a lock to us if we give him a committable offer. And all the momentum seems to be swinging our way on Mckenzie's recruitment. It's between us and ND in my mind. They get his last visit, so it will be tough.

We'll see, hopefully I don't eat crow.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,575
    south bend in january, I like our chances
  17. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +977
    It is rare to get a majority or even half of the big names in play that wait until signing day.

Other schools get one and another school gets one also.

Three is my over/under and reaching that many is a great job.

All coaches at all schools have the same problem unless it is a magic year. It has less to do with how a coach closes than the natural events and competition for the same guys.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    Agree. If we hit half of these big names, the coaches will have done a great job. That's why I think it's likely we see guys like Cajuste and McWilliams in our final class. Cajuste in particular looks like a guy with a high ceiling, and a lot of attitude for an OT. I like him.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    I have to say I've not seen any criticism of their inability to close but lots of people saying "Obviously they can close, pwnt naysayers" I'm not trying to criticize you, it's quite possible I have missed it, and at least so far I would be on your side if they exist, but I do fear people are arguing with a phantom.
  20. gatordude15

Ratings Received:
    +103
    It was said a lot a couple of years ago when we missed out on Howard (MIA), Diggs (MARY), Young (AUB), JHC (UGA), Agholor (USC), Williams (USC) all within a week of signing day. Now let me go on record as to not sound like a troll here, I think our class that year was pretty decent. Real light on OL numbers and no real QB but still not bad. However after that signing day it has been said since that Muschamp might not be the closer that Meyer was.
    • Agree Agree x 2