Class Predictions

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by BengermanV, Jan 16, 2014.

1. gatordude15

gatordude15 Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    I think we finish up with:

WR Eric Lauderdale
    WR Deiondre Porter
    OT Andrew Mike
    OG Damian Prince
    WR/CB Adoree Jackson

No real firsthand knowledge, mostly just follow recruiting like most of you.

Go Gators
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr Member

Ratings Received:
    +72

A couple points: (1) I didn't mean to get heated and apologies that it came across that way, (2) my point was not that we won't get one or more of them; my point was that you are just expressing what you hope to be true. You cited a tweet from Farrell that suggests he believes that Jackson is UF-bound. That is not so--but that doesn't mean that Jackson won't sign with UF.

In any event, I think the most likely outcome is that we get one of Prince or Jackson, so obviously I won't eat crow if we land one those you listed. (What I wrote is that getting zero is more likely than getting all of them, which I still think is true.). If we land Harris, I will happily eat crow. I trust you will do the same if we do not.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +830
    Why would I do that? I'm not guaranteeing anything. I'm basing all of my predictions on what I think the varying probabilities that guys choose Florida. I haven't definitively said anyone will choose Florida. It would be like a Weatherman being "wrong" when he says there is a 60% chance of rain, and then it doesn't rain. He wasn't wrong, there was still a 40% chance that it wasn't going to rain.

You pretty clearly stated Harris isn't coming here, which I disagree with. FWIW:

Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi22m
    Hearing some VERY positive things about #UF and Treon Harris. #Gators

And:

Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi22m
    RT “@AndrewSpiveyGC: Deiondre Porter tells me he will announce his decision tomorrow between #Florida, #USF and #UCF.”

I'm guessing I'll be able to check off two of those guys on my list soon. Porter only won't commit here if we don't take him.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,949
    Just read the headlines on TOS and they say that J.C. Jackson has shut down his recruiting after his visit to UF. I'm not an insider... can someone corroborate this? If this is true and he's a Gator then that's great news, IMO.
  5. ltraz

ltraz Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +207
    So hopefully someone can help me out with this...I'm going to assume we only want one btw Harris and Porter, with Harris being in front. If we told Porter he can commit tomorrow does that mean he's in front, we'd take both, we'll just take whoever commits first, etc?
  6. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    Yes, I very clearly said that we will not get Harris and will be very happy to be wrong should the time come. I would turn your analogy around on you and say that no one knows where Harris and Jackson are going. When a weatherman says there is a 60 percent chance of rain, it means that on 60 percent of days with similar conditions it does rain--you have nothing objective on which to base your prediction; you cannot quantify it. After the fact, it may well be that, as of today, one can say there was a 100 percent chance he would or would not come here based on the decision he had already made (if he has already made a decision of which we are unaware). What you are quoting now are tweets from a Gainesville reporter which could not have factored into your decision because you were unaware of them when you projected your class. If after the fact you want to pretend that there was some sort of science to your optimism, I won't argue--I will just be happy with the great recruiting finish you predicted.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  7. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    By the way, the crystal ball on 247 has shifted dramatically on Harris. When we started this conversation, it was 40 percent UF and the most recent predictions had been for Miami. The last few have shifted to UF, which now is above 70 percent. If this works out, I would like my crow deep fried with a side of greens.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  8. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,264
    Just read in another thread that we are no longer recruiting Porter.
  9. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,264
    Seems unlikely we get both Prince and Mike. That would put us at eight OL. Maybe one of the other commits has academic issues. I think we get Prince, Lauderdale, McKenzie (if we still want him after Lauderdale commits next weekend) with an outside shot at Jackson and/or Carter.
  10. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,264
    But as always, there will be a NSD surprise and sometimes it's a player that no one is talking about.
  11. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,523
    If he takes an ov at ole miss, make sure his pockets are checked right after he leaves...
  12. kirs4

kirs4 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +179
    At least Harris is not 85%. Thanks for that!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,264
    What position will Harris play for UF? Just trying to figure out how he fits in this class and why people on this board are excited about him.
  14. ltraz

ltraz Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +207
    He's the #3 dual-threat QB. I assume we're recruiting him to compete at QB above all else. We have quite the pitch too. "We have a guy coming off a broken ankle and another guy that didn't look good". I also think this could be huge as far as getting Lane back on board. BTW Strange, where'd u see the info on us not going after Porter anymore? Only saw that about Nelson.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,755
    Exactly. We need another QB and he looks very good.
  16. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,264
    Don't remember. I probably confused them. As Emily Latilla used to say, "Never mind."

I'm okay with Harris as long as he has a position. I guess there aren't many QBs left and adding the #3 dual threat QB to our class when we already have the #2 dual threat QB is better than getting a guy not in the top ten, even if he is on the short side. Didn't think about the Lane angle.
  17. kirs4

kirs4 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +179
    Strange saw Treon in champ. game. Dynamic, very exciting, a leader
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +755
    Looks like we fill the class with size and quality. Needed it for sure.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  19. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +830
    Fair enough, Moscow! We'll just see how it shakes out, and hope for the Gators' sake that I am right in this particular case!
  20. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +631
    At the very least, he'll start out and be given a shot as a QB. Right now we don't have a whole lot behind Driskel. We've seen what Skyler can do, and we're another Driskel ankle sprain away from having him potentially running the show.

As another poster pointed out in the Harris thread, Treon seems to have the skills that fit Roper's uptempo spread attack, he's only listed as an inch shorter than (former starting Duke QB) Anthony Boone, and considering the amount of running required from the QBs in this offense, we'll need the depth.

I'm assuming the idea would be to hope that either Grier or Harris could at least play next fall and provide depth at the position. Had Murphy not transferred, we probably never would have shown much interest; but it doesn't look good if Jeff goes down again.
    • Agree Agree x 1