Civil claim settled by Trayvon's family

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by geauxgator1, Jul 8, 2013.

1. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +868
    Ummm... You were the first to interject race in this argument.

And this is, BY FAR, more "uncalled for" than the statement in which you are responding, IMO.

BTW... it wasn't his dad's home.
  2. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,573
    Sorry but doc has a clear pattern in his posts. In many threads over time. And his post that initiated this conversation had such a callous disregard for a teenager's life, with direct assumption of TM as a thug, which nobody could possibly have any knowledge of, or legitimate reason to be believe on that night.

On that night, he was a skinny black teen walking home with skittles and Iced Tea. The assumptions that he's a criminal for being that skinny black teen are well noted, though.

Aside from that, it was the dad's home. He doesn't have to have title of it, for it to be considered his home.

My daughter doesn't have title to my house, but it sure as hell is her home.
  3. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,573
    So let's take you purely on your word that you'd follow any kid... how does your example even relate to what happened with TM?

He wasn't "walking between houses". He was walking in a common area of a condo complex. There's nothing suspicious about that.

He had a hoodie on in the rain. There's nothing suspicious about that.

That's got nothing to do with political correctness. That's common freaking sense.

If I lived like some of you guys do, I'd be in a constant state of paranoid delusion.... there's a black person. :eek: (we have more than a few black folk out my my way... lots of skeery latinos too)
    I've posted plenty of times in this forum that while there is still institutional racism in the US, everyone has plenty of opportunity to make it if they work at it. And that there are deep seated problems in black communities that will largely take solutions from black community leaders to fix.

I'll let my record stand on that.
  4. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,573
    That would be no. Nice fanciful leap, though.
  5. g8trdoc

g8trdoc Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +179
    Oaktown almost all of your posts are the same. Your either ignorant about who commits the most amount of violent crime and theft in this country or just delusional. I'm not paranoid I'm realistic if that makes me a racist then so be it I don't care I can damn well afford it.
  6. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,372
    [​IMG]
  7. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,573
    Some food for thought for your "realism".

I've been around Latino and AA teens two to three times a week most every week for the past six years, and somehow magically I've had no Zimmerman incidents... or any altercations at all.

If these kids were all the thugs you portray them to be, it'd be a wonder I made it through 6 weeks alive, let alone 6 years with no altercations.

I've also had two to three neighborhood watch type discussions a year with people I didn't recognize, of various races. No Zimmerman incidents there either.

When you treat people like people, that's mainly what you get back. If you recognize somebody is really a criminal or really in a bad mood for some reason, by all means treat them accordingly. But most people are not criminals and that includes most AA (and Latino) teens.

OTOH, when you generally treat some group of people like criminals, somebody in that group is bound to oblige you and respond accordingly.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,490
    Someone living in East LA, or Watts, Washington, D.C., or certain Chicago neighborhoods, might have a different perspective; same for those living in middle-to-upper middle class suburbs that are targeted by criminals of all races.
  9. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    The feigned indignation of liberals is always good for a laugh. Thanks, I needed that to get my Friday off to a good start!
  10. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    So you know that Zimmerman mistreated poor little chubby-cheeked (as he was portrayed by the LMSM to stir the pot) Trayvon and that's what caused Trayvon to lash out? It wasn't paranoia due to the THC in his system or just because he enjoyed street fighting? Bernie de la Rionda should have called you to the witness stand -- you're the only part of the kitchen sink he didn't throw at the jury. It's not too late for you to get your theory to Leatherman or Nancy Grace so they can run with it.
  11. g8trdoc

g8trdoc Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +179
    Once a week Oaktown goes to McDonalds for two for one big macs and 16 piece chicken nuggets and not once has one of the minorities tried to harass him or beat me up. Race relations level: Platinum
  12. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,573
    By the looks of that avatar pic, I'd say you're mistaking your eating habits for mine. I coach and direct youth/school sports programs in Oakland.

I'm sure all the teens you run into will be real impressed by your tough guy attitude.

Carry on big man.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. g8trdoc

g8trdoc Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +179
    Ouch! I'm going to go fill up a plate of Paula Deen Comfort food and pray to be more understanding about the implications of my behavior on the teenage minorities in this great nation. I'm just glad you didn't call Two-bits a creepy ass cracker we'd have to have you banned permanently.
  14. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,573
    You and Paula have a good time together... finish up on that famous wedding plan of hers.

I doubt Two Bits would want any part of that, though... there's no call to drag him down there. :joecool:
  15. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,573
    You reference paranoia like it is an expected side effect. Anecdotally, i'd say that couldn't be further from the truth. Possible side effect? Sure. Likely? No.

As far as GZ's behavior goes, his words speak for themselves. When you talk like that, it also comes thru in your facial expressions and body language. People read that and respond to it. In all social interactions.
  16. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4,573
    Yes.... I guess I was baited. I didn't have to respond to the crap being posted.