City park in Queens, NY, overrun by rats. Guess nobody in the neighborhood has a....

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by LincolnGator, Aug 1, 2013.

1. LincolnGator

LincolnGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    terrier, like me and Emmitto.

Okay well first you can forget using cats to get rid of the rats, like Oscar Cane suggests. Cats take too long. Have you ever seen a cat stalk and kill a rat? Let's just say it's a process.

Now, have you ever seen the cute white dog in the Cesar Canine Cuisine commercial? This adorable little guy?

[​IMG]

It's called a West Highland White Terrier. I am the proud owner of one and I do believe that the poster Emmitto is as well. What some people don't know about those cute, cuddly-looking creatures is that they are natural born killing machines. Drop a couple of them in that park and they will start snapping necks and will not stop until every last rat in the deepest, darkest corner of the underground nest is dead, dead, dead.

The residents of the area say they want a "creative" solution to the rat problem. Creative? How about destructive? All they need to do is make that park Ground Zero for an attack by ratical terriorists. Problem solved. Any terrier owners out there who second my proposal?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +675
    Biggest rat I ever saw was in Central Park and that was 30 years ago right next to the horse carriages. Guess the rats have followed the locals to the suburbs or at least to Queens.
  3. Go2gtr

Go2gtr Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +178
    Queens joke:
    Comedian on stage in NYC asks the audience, "Who's from Queens?"

A bunch of applause and hoots raise up.

"I'm from normal parents myself."
  4. LincolnGator

LincolnGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    If anyone is interested in watching some terriers "terriorize" a rat colony, here's an interesting little video. WARNING: DO NOT WATCH if you are a fan of rats.

These are Jack Russells, but all terriers go about their business in the same brutally efficient manner. Grab the rat by the neck, give it a good couple of shakes and then on to the next one.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vjNdwha_ct0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In case you can't tell, personally I find this pretty interesting. It's a man-made, artificially-engineered "instinct" that requires no training and is present in nearly every terrier breed. It's ironic the way people tend to view them as cute little lap dogs, without knowing that two or three of them could completely eradicate the rat colony in that park in Queens in a matter of minutes.
  5. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    Impressive
  6. mamag8ter

mamag8ter VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,507
    Cool!!! I hate rats.
  7. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    My wife's from Queens.

That was in the film Desperately Seeking Susan.