1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Christin Mercer

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by EastTNG8TR, Jul 24, 2014.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    Mercer has officially transferred to Jacksonville so there won't be any working her way back onto the team. Pamela Bejic is practicing with the team this summer which I thought was interesting. I figured she was just a body last year when we had so few players. She makes 13 this year though. I am interested to see if she is good enough to win some playing time.
  2. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +128
    Heaed she was actually pretty good. I didn't think Mercer would be able to make it back.
  3. kkg8r

kkg8r Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +351
    What was the deal with Mercer?? I dont remember her.
  4. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +168
    If I remember correctly she was involved in a crime, a burglary (?), and suspended from the team last season.
  5. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +331
    Not surprising. She really let the team down last year. It is one thing to get in trouble in the offseason, but right in the middle of the season? Really? I was excited watching her and thinking the energy and determination she was showing was going to really pay off for the Gators, then the next thing I know she is off the team.

I hope she can get her act straight and make something of herself. You don't get many 2nd chances in this world... hope she makes the most of hers.
  6. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +49
    It did happen in the offseason - it just took Gainesville PD 6 months (or whatever it was) to arrest her. Better than the Tally PD I guess, but still... I'm kind of sad to see her gone but can't blame the staff at all for taking a longer view about what's good for the program. I hope it works out well for her at JU. Basketball-wise at least that should be a pretty good fit - she could certainly be an all-conference player at that level.

In other former player news, I just noticed that Vicky McIntyre did a graduate transfer and will play this coming season as a redshirt senior at Oral Roberts. They are currently playing on a summer tour in Costa Rica. I do wonder why we never take summer tours - the extra preseason practice does really seem to help some teams.