Christian Miller decommits from UF

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Mr_Littlejeans, May 17, 2013.

1. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,569
    I've seen you say this before. Just to be clear, you're only saying that as they're our most impressive/unique/needed talents not because there's some rumors they're wavering right?
  2. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    The only way that happens is if we're still throwing for less than 200-225 yards a game this season- no big QB wants to come to a program and hand off 65% of the time.
  3. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I am saying it because they are elite talent both are game changer. Right ow they are solid but you never know what will happen both are still at least in communications with other schools. Grier still talks to Auburn but something monumental would have to happen for him top flip and I am not talking about socs scenario 200yrds a game is not going to change his mind

Cook on the other hand has many people pulling him to Miami like his brother who will be on their bball team next year.
  4. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +696
    We didn't have anything to begin with so what was there to lose? Now when a kid leaves after signing and enrolling (Adrian Coxson, Mike Blakely, etc.) that's a big loss.
  5. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    UGA offered
  6. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,593
    My only concern is that it's a not a big year for in-state LBs and getting out of state guys is hard work. Apparently keeping them is just as hard. On the plus side, we're fortunate in having a great incoming class, including a couple of good ones who could redshirt because of injuries. If that happens, we don't have to worry as much about how many we get for 2014.
  7. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +462
    Early commits are, of course, the most likely to decommit, because time changes almost everything.

Recently, since Muschamp gets players to commit very early, we have seen a far greater number of decommits than in prior year with coaches who didn't practice the Texas philosophy.

And, even if you lose the #1 rated player in the nation, never lose any sleep over it if you are a Gator fan, because the Gators are usually one of the top 5 and almost always one of the top 10 in recruiting.
  8. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,062
    Nothing wrong with trying to lock them down, but there's likely a different perspective in top Southeast/Florida talent than Texas. In Texas if you're chosen by UT you have the most prestigious offer in a massive state where to many young men there is nothing greater. Plus, UT/Austin is a fantastic combination. I don't think there are many schools in the SE that can lock a commitment down that way.
  9. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +665
    I think something that people need to understand about early commits is that while there are a few guys who honestly make their decision early and commit, like Lane and Taylor did. They know beyond a shadow of a doubt where they are going and nothing is going to change their mind.

But for a LOT of kids, an early commitment is really just a way of ensuring they have a spot at a school they are comfortable with. These are typically the kids that verbally commit but still take visits. These initial commitment are nothing more than insurance that they get into an elite program.

Once they've made the initial commitment, they will visit and decide what school is really best for them. To their credit, unlike the kids who used to flip on signing day and screw a school over, it seems like more kids are de-committing earlier, which allows the school they jilt to find a replacement.

I always respected how Mack Brown used to recruit at Texas and I would like to see Muschamp do the same, and he may already be doing it. Basically tell a kid that once they commit, no more visits. If a kid decides to visit once the commit, then their ship may not be there when they come back. I haven't followed Texas recruiting in a while, but Mack Brown would have his class together early and rarely lost anyone.
  10. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    Rumor has it Bronson has decommitted as well