Christian Churches burned in Egypt-Nuns attacked

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatordowneast, Aug 17, 2013.

1. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    The crux of the matter is that Islam is not a tolerant religion. Their dogma clearly shows that under a majority Islamic regime people of other faiths will be, at best, relegated to second class status. At worst they will be required to convert to Islam or leave or die. The saving grace for the US is that so far they are a minority and are not able to fully exercise their desired agenda. Citizens of other countries have not been so fortunate. If Islamists ever gain a significant foothold in this country you can kiss your freedom of speech and other rights goodbye. Meanwhile we can watch as Christians around the world are intimidated, abused and murdered courtesy of the religion of "peace".
    Just a final note for our atheist friends who "don't care" what happens to Christians under the thumb of Islamist regimes. If you ever find yourself under Muslim rule in this country you WILL convert to Islam or else find your neck on the block. By then it will be too late for anyone to "care" about you.
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    I'm distrusting that information, since we all have known about the Muslim brotherhood-lums (terrorist organization) for a long, long time now.
  3. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Enlighten us. When did you first learn about catholic churches in Egypt being burned. And be honest. I read 3 newspapers daily and am on the internet quite a bit for work and only learned about it on a radio show while driving Friday am. I thought that to be odd, so tuned in to network news (CBS, ABC and NBC) Friday evening to see if they had reports.

Maybe it is not news?
  4. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    River, I stated in the opening post the 3 major networks. Perhaps they are no longer "major" anymore. I would guess they aren't to many of us for exactly the reason of my post. I just found it odd that there was no coverage on the evening news. Has there been since? Only thing I found was online or in the paper this am. I found that to be odd...maybe you don't.
  5. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Your rodeo clown is calling:
    http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=268074
  6. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +909
    Yes... They're only Catholics, after all...
  7. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    That's what the atheists are saying. But, the enemy of their (Liberals') enemy is their friend. And they chose the haters from hell (Islamic fundamentalists) over Christians.

Yep, they chose the wife-beating, homo hating Islamic jihadists over American Christians.
  8. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,453
    Actually, you didn't. You said this:

It wasn't until JDR pointed out that if you simply google it, you find plenty of news reports that you said you were just talking about network evening news.
    But I'm not trying to bug you on that. I am curious your basic point. Do you think the networks didn't focus on that element of the violence because they're anti-Christian and pro-Muslim? That's certainly what you're implying.
  9. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    Your getting warmer.
  10. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Yes, in a way. I'm absolutely implying that they (CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, LA Times) most likely through their editors, have a tendency to report and publicize stories that support the "regime narrative". Why? They are invested.
  11. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    4th post in the thread. I said this:

Was speaking of the network news. I taped 2 of the 3 6:30 broadcasts and watched the third just to see...no mention.

River, those of you who are paid bloggers for the regime who research topics supporting Obama and dispute arguments of those who do not, have got a slight time advantage over those of us who work at "non regime funded" enterprises. We occasionally have to deal with "private" money making issues.
  12. AustinGator1

AustinGator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +207

east. Your post was very clear and concise and your clarification was exact. However, that does not mean some folks were capable of reading it.
  13. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,453
    the fourth post is not the opening post, now is it?
    but once more: that's not the issue. Is your claim that this means the three networks are anti-Christian and pro-Muslim.
  14. dynogator

dynogator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +201
    Well, there I think you're wrong. I can't speak for everyone, of course, but this agnostic would choose Christianity over Islam every day of the week. You guys are just so over-the-top with your broad-brush characterizations of Muslims that it's hard not to offer a different point-of-view. There's quite a difference between supporting freedom of religion and supporting terrorism.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Scroll up several posts and you will read exactly what I suggest and think. And to go further, to answer your question, yes to the first and not necessarily to the second...but do not want to get off "message" with the regime.

The media is almost as disappointing as the idiot they got elected President.
  16. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,453
    and you think Obama's message is anti-Christian? well,I guess you obviously do.
  17. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Damn, you are defensive aren't you? He may be a Christian. He may be a Muslim. I think he has an identity issue period.

But I think the "regime's" storyline of Terrorism under control (without mentioning the word terror), everyone loves Obama, leading from behind is wrong on all points and I think our media has been very disappointing on not calling him or his spokespeople out on just about anything. We have no foreign policy...we react.

And our economic policy must be a "part time" strategy as we have replaced full time with part time jobs.
  18. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    I'm happy with your choice. Where are we "over-the-top" with regards to the Islamic Jihadists? No one I know is making all of the Muslims out to be killers. Also salient to these peoples is the fact that 'moderate Muslims' never stop misogynistic Shariah Laws from ever being implemented in nations that have a growing population of Muslims... like in England, for instance. Michigan is next.
  19. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,453
    Now I'm confused. When I asked if you think the networks are anti-Christian, you said they were. When I said that you obviously think they are, I'm being defensive and switch to something about terrorism and our economic strategy.
    So what exactly is your point in starting this thread?
  20. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    I agree with you for once-you are confused.