Chris Walker...Clearinghouse

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by LetItFly, Aug 18, 2013.

1. LetItFly

LetItFly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +221
    Chris Walker has submitted his grades to the NCAA Clearinghouse...waiting for approval now.

This gives me the idea that he is much closer to getting qualified than was previously reported. If it has gone to the clearinghouse than someone believes he can qualify for the fall...lets hope he gets in.
  2. ufla5220

ufla5220 Editor & Reporter

Ratings Received:
    +1,784
    Chris has grades and a test score that will qualify him. The issue will be the online courses. Once they are verified -- and not all online courses are created equally -- that part of the process will done, leaving only the issue of an unofficial visit to Kansas on the NCAA agenda.

There is the possibility he will get NCAA clearance in the next two weeks, but it's not by any means a probability. Whether he gets the clearance or not, I'm told he will not be okayed to play until December at the earliest. If he doesn't get NCAA clearance for August, he will enter school officially the moment the fall semester is over, then will sit out whatever games the NCAA deems necessary for that Kansas trip.
  3. LetItFly

Ratings Received:
    +221
    Whats wrong with the Kansas visit? I have always heard that the only thing holding him out was his academic eligibility.
  4. flwgator2

flwgator2 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Where did you hear this from?
  5. Osiris_DPM

Osiris_DPM Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +645
    That is Franz Beard. He has more connections than anyone on this board.
  6. LetItFly

Ratings Received:
    +221
    So its possible that Walker doesnt get in until December then the NCAA gets him for part of the spring...first I have heard of this, hope it doesnt happen.
  7. Osiris_DPM

Ratings Received:
    +645
    Yes, almost certainly will pay a price for the Kansas trip. Ramker has already been bitch slapped by the NCAA for his agent connections. Doubtful Walker goes unscathed being that he went out there with Ramker. People I know were friends with Ramker so I don't get the whole story on this, so Franz can say more about it.
  8. hoopstar

hoopstar VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +226
    5220 & I discussed this back in Apr/May when I heard about this for the 1st time. Came from an NCAA VIP - serious serious insider!

5220 does know & has an extensive network of contacts.
  9. taxman22

taxman22 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +63
    No fault of Kansas? What happens to them?
  10. flwgator2

flwgator2 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
  11. Osiris_DPM

Ratings Received:
    +645
    Unofficial visit
  12. Osiris_DPM

Ratings Received:
    +645
  13. LetItFly

Ratings Received:
    +221
    So its not a certain that Walker will miss games because of the visit...just a high probablility at the moment.
  14. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +375
    The question really is why do Kansas and the University of North Carolina where players got A's in African American studies courses they did not attend to maintain eligibility and graduate, and current star player was given free cars that have received dozens of parking and speeding tickets while at UNC campus, get away with all this crap with absolutely no penalties. Lack of institutional control is designing Academic degree programs and steering football and basketball players into these programs simply to keep eligible and help them graduate, knowing that no work was being performed and students did not have to attend class. Lack of institutional control is watching your star basketball players driving around in rental cars all year, knowing they don't have the money to pay for them. Why do star players get taken to Kansas on visits when the HS kids do not have the funds to pay for unofficial visits to Kansas University. Had the kid gone to Kansas, this would never had seen the light of day.
  15. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +597
    This is the most informative thread I've seen about Walker. Makes sense except for the part I bolded. If he's cleared, even hypothetically, in the next 2 weeks, why not enroll then and at least be practicing with the team? I'm not saying this can't be true, just curious as to why it'd likely be this way.
  16. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,590
    Seriously....is that Kansas trip the REAL monkey-wrench that's keeping Walker from fall enrollment?
  17. LetItFly

Ratings Received:
    +221
    Not exactly because he has to be enrolled in order to recieve a suspension for the trip if he gets one.
  18. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,622
    Wow. I was way behind the game on the Ramker-Rams thing being out of state. He seemed like a great guy and came around here often. Seemed to love Donovan and the Florida program, too.
  19. ufla5220

ufla5220 Editor & Reporter

Ratings Received:
    +1,784
    What I'm saying is that the academic part could be cleared within the next couple of weeks, emphasis on COULD. There are no guarantees but everyone has their fingers crossed.

The unofficial to Kansas was with Matt Ramker, who has been banned indefinitely by the NCAA for participating in AAU. He was the longtime sponsor of the Florida Rams. We have seen some unofficial visits get a slap on the wrist, such as Shabazz Muhammad missing only three games at UCLA last year ... and Nerlens Noel getting cleared to play with a far worse transcript that Chris Walker AND questionable associations/unofficial visits. Then the NCAA has also created problems for others.

So we don't know what the status is.

If the academic clearance doesn't come within the next two weeks, Chris won't enroll until after the fall semester, but no matter when he enrolls, there will be some missed games -- probably no more than three based on what the NCAA did last year with Shabazz -- before he can play.

One quick note: Ramker is NOT a bad guy. He took care of the kids who came to play for him and made sure that they got a chance to play somewhere in the world when they finished their college careers. I believe his biggest sin is that he got too close to some agents who he knew he could trust and probably crossed some lines he shouldn't have. I can forgive Matt because I know he cared about the kids. There are some AAU people out there who sell to the highest bidder and don't give a rat's ass about the kids.
  20. Singaporegator

Singaporegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +144
    As a complete outsider who knows nothing , it looks like the NCAA has once again performed a cranial rectal insertion. Could this be true?

Sent from my iPad using GatorCountry