1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Chelsea Clinton Is Sad Great Grandmother Didn't Have Planned Parenthood

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorplank, Jul 3, 2013.

1. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +453
    The problem at its core is that sexual sin has its fruits. Sex education and contraceptives are poor solutions to the problems created in a society that venerates sexual sin. Sin is a spiritual issue, and it will always require a spiritual solution. The problem is that the state does not have the means to fight spiritual battles. When a society suffers because of rampant sin there is nothing that the state can do to solve that spiritual problem. That is why a purely secular society will never work. Sin always bares fruit. The solutions that these liberal statist types propose are essentially putting a band-aid on a lethal wound. It just doesn't work. The solution is a society that repents and turns back to God forsaking its sexual sin.
  2. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +463
    Old, problems with poverty are everywhere. I would have a hard time believing that poverty is less in the urban slums say Chicago, Harlem, Philadelphia etc.

You make some good and valid points, that said-I think you do not get why certain people have a problem with planned parenthood. Their first option for any problem seems to be have an abortion. I would encourage you to seek out articles that may differ from your perspective. For instance the black race should be outraged by what some have called an act of genocide on their people. The % of abortions for blacks performed by PP in certain areas is way higher than for any other race.

There is no easy answer and PP does do good, but to not see the bad with the good just means you wish not to.
  3. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +230
    You keep saying this but it's not true
  4. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,976
    Considering how much PP has grown as far as services provided for not just women, but men too, they should consider changing the name. Abortion/reproductive services aside, how would a man know he could go there for certain medical issues, for example?

Look I'm against abortion but it's not my place to push my beliefs on someone else. I'm not God. But places like PP do provide valuable other services to women (and men) that sometimes fall through the cracks due to expense, access, etc. PP is not about planned parenthood anymore.
  5. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,222
    "Dear Jesus, Please suppress my natural instincts so that you don't have to punish me by making me have an inviolable precious child even though I have no desire for one. Amen."

?

Pretending that we are going to Church our way out of premarital sex and unwanted pregnancies, particularly if doing so means getting rid of the other "band-aids" that we have to help prevent unwanted pregnancies (i.e., widely available contraception), doesn't seem terribly realistic. In fact I would go so far as to suggest that actually trying it would almost certainly exacerbate the problem.
  6. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,896
    Whether or not we can "Church our way out" of any of these practices, their frequency does not at any point justify slaughter as a remedy.

"The problem" is a phrase worth remembering. It's the behavior that's the problem, not the result. Why don't we just expect better of people instead of handing out license to avoid responsibility for their actions? Through bloodshed, no less?
  7. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    all of the services PP provides are related to family planning. Therefore they include diagnostic. studies for men as well as women. They also provide sessions for both the man and woman together of how to plan their family so they can have healthy an environment into which to bring their child when they decide to have children.

That PP is the primary target of anti-abortionists(frequently people who are ultra con, ultra fundamentalist) while at the same time not targeting HCA(and other hospital corporations that have hospitals that do abortions), state universities that have hospitals that do abortions, or health insurance companies that provide coverage for abortions point to something about PP that apparently to public perception does not have in common with corporate hospitals, university hospitals, insurance companies.

The main difference that separates PP is the perception fraudulently fostered by spin coming from cons/fundamentalists/anti-abortions claiming all PP does is abortions. The other common perception(seen in many posts on this board) that PP is only for women. Further supporting the argument that GOP is against women's rights.
  8. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,222
    I interpreted the "statist liberal solutions" in the post I was responding to as including contraception. That was the primary point of my disagreement.

I understand differing views on the legality of abortion. I can't characterize opposition to widely available contraception as anything other than monumental irresponsibility though.
  9. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +453
    Well I am not going to argue with you on the idea that sin comes quite naturally to us as fallen human beings because well that is correct. A lot of times in life we make our plans, and then we find out that God had something totally different in mind.

When Jesus was in the garden he asked the Father to "take this cup" from him, but Jesus also said "Not my will, but Thy will be done."

"My will be done" is what is natural. "Thy will be done" is not natural. You'd be surprised, Gatorben. Asking God for the power to overcome sin in order to do His will is exactly the type of prayer that God is thrilled to answer. And it's not just a one time deal. It is something that we should be praying everyday. If our society started praying like that everyday our society would be fundamentally transformed for the better. We'd have less unwanted children and more people who would be willing to adopt.
  10. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +720
    No other institution in this country even comes close to the number of abortions that Planned Parenthood does. If they were a country, they'd be the NUMBER SIX ABORTER on the planet, and quickly gaining on #5, Japan.

They were involved with a third of a million abortions in the fiscal year 2011-2012 and only 2,300 adoption referrals. They are one of the most efficient killing machines in modern history.
  11. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +843
    96 et al - how many have you adopted?
  12. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,125
    You have misconstrued me and my position quite freely and unjustly.

I'm just for cutting tax money to pay for late term abortions, that is not how you've described me. Keep the PP open, but change the policy spending... and money allocations.
  13. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +474

Yeah, you're right. Why don't we just do VERY late term abortions on those kids in foster care? They're not really wanted and are a big inconvenience.
  14. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    chelsea----living off bill & hillary's millions with some job provided by a "friend" of bill & hill--nice!
  15. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +720
    There are millions of wanted kids looking for a dad. Problem is the government treats prospective parents as guilty until proven innocent. They also are in many cases against white people adopting black kids. Our government is anti-adoption and pro-abortion.
    • Like Like x 1