Chelsea Clinton Is Sad Great Grandmother Didn't Have Planned Parenthood

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorplank, Jul 3, 2013.

1. boligator

boligator Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    I'm sure you enlightened dudes, Texi, Michi and "gatorrick" agree. True Christians you are, no?
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,346
    What's with the hate... I thought you were the party of "tolerance"? And you totally miss-characterized me... but that's to be expected I guess, coming from you, since you never even read what people post here.
  3. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Mistakes happen. Absolutely nobody is perfect. Consequences occur.

Planned Parenthood is an excellent resource for that in itself. It's the abortion portion that I disagree with. However nearly every other function is valuable. People do need counseling, advice, solutions, information, diagnosis, etc.

The abortion portion crosses the line, but everything else is needed.
  4. boligator

boligator Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    Actually rick, I don't hate you or anyone for that matter. I only wish you and your family the best, I really mean that. I truly do. We are blessed to live in this wonderful world where we can debate and have different views as people. I mean, that's what it's all about, no? But people are suffering from ignorance and intolerance in the world. And by the way, what I said is true, I have seen extreme poverty and suffering and it ain't pretty. I only want people to think and try to come up with solutions that work for everybody. It's not easy, I'm not naive but I'm optimistic. Time will tell I guess. Take care.
  5. boligator

boligator Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    Texi, Michi and Rick, I want to apologize for my previous post. It was judgmental, rude and uncalled for. It had no place in a debate about a serious issue.
  6. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,656

If PP is a "cornerstone of self responsibility", then why is the majority of the money it makes from abortions of convenience?
  7. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,346
    I understand. I just hope that your solution for world poverty has an overpopulation answer/remedy for it. In other words we can't just keep giving food to those that multiply and expect everything to just 'manically' work-out fine in the end.

Poverty sucks, we all get that, but to continue the path to overpopulation is not the right answer. I'm not saying what you believe to be me, I'm hoping that you understand me and my view on poverty and the poor too.
  8. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,346
    I oppose only late term abortions, which is straight-up murder. And the Catholic church is the one pushing the "no prophylactics" agenda, so you get another FAIL on that assumption.

Feeding people that are hungry is very important. But, just feeding people to have them multiply into more mouths to feed, unchecked and uneducated, unmanaged with poor living standards and with no way to curtail an overpopulation explosion, without first extrapolating the end game of consequences for such actions is asinine and shows ignorance of epic proportions. Doomed to repeat that one.

So, you feed them! And you go there! And give them all of your food/money/time/effort... just don't expect all of us to follow that prodigious leap of stupidity with you.
  9. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +400
    Gotta love the subtle shot that Molotov is taking at Biden with the double barreled shotgun firing two rounds into the air...lol.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Kj1GaX_-E-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    MichiGator your
    "Planned Parenthood is as much a euphemism as final solution was. The only thing they exist to plan is non-Parenthood. As for what responsible people do, it starts with accepting up front that their sexual relationship may yield a child and an acknowledgment of how that will change their lives."

They are still involved in a multitude of activities including screening for breast and testicular cancer in men. I will gladly post the full scope of their activities. But a single instance is sufficient to prove your comment to be wrong.

---If you can show how screening for breast and testicular cancer in men is against 'parenthood' I'm willing to read/hear your argument. Planned Parenthood provides for such screening.

other wise please desist in such inaccurate and false comments about an organization it appears you know little to nothing about aside from the spin you swallow from anti-abortion groups.

another activity within Planned Parenthoods scope of activity is excellent pre-natal and post natal education in regard to nutrition, etc that is provided to parents and would be parents.

Planned Parenthood presents to people that abortion is an option. Planned Parenthood also presents support for the options other than abortion---adoption, sustaining from pregnancy until such time as the parents would not be pressured by circumstances into having an abortion. The use of condoms and other contraceptive methods(including the pill as well as methods in line with stances by religions).

If a woman does not want an abortion, Planned Parenthood is fully supportive of the pregnant woman and provides services and options that don't include abortion. Pre and post natal care and nutrition advice. How to breast feed. how to change diapers. How to feed a newborn in steps that progress from milk to more and more complex foods over time. So that the child does not suffer from improper diet.

your having hater blinders on is truly sad
  11. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    gatorplank----wouldn't you feel, whatever. If in the future you were to unfortunately get breast or testicular cancer that could have been prevented by going to Planned Parenthood and having a reasonably priced screening done. Or would you feel remorse because some people who are so poor, despite working full time jobs end up getting breast or testicular cancer because you and others with hater blinders on shut the doors of Planned Parenthood.

Would you respond with a 'oh well, stuff happens' and say that they shouldn't have been born poor or worked full time in poor paying jobs.

Planned Parenthood is also a major screener/treater of STD's. STD's are diseases people get by having sex(to make babies) and can be present in people who just got married and are planning on having children. Evidently you see no need to protect unborn from AIDS, syphilis, gonorrhea, and a host of other diseases a fetus can acquire during a pregnancy. A pregnancy the mother wants. And Planned Parenthood provides screening to young couples and as a result they can be treated for STD before conceiving their first pregnancy.

When churches, etc provide those services sufficiently let me know.
  12. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +219
    I think you would find that would result in fewer kids being adopted, which really isn't a good solution.
  13. reformedgator

reformedgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +191
    You are the one who supports the the right to eliminate the unborn because there too many people in the world & I'm the sick puppy? I applaud your unselfish work in S A & compassion for those people, but to me there are also those who are the most vulnerable among us who need an advocate & a spokesman.
  14. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    "The abortion portion crosses the line, but everything else is needed."

so, by your comment and stance by many anti-abortionists-- the public univeristy hospitals that perform abortions have crossed the line and should be closed.

even perhaps, Shands?

What stands out in the anti-abortion movement is their singling out Planned Parenthood. Perhaps it is because it is a convenient target for the movement since they are focusing on an institution they beleived they could lie about enough to con people into thinking it only does abortions. And that it is primarily an institution women rely upon more than do men(though services aside from abortions are provided to men and women at Planned Parenthood). That the movement in its hypocrisy sterrs clear of corporate as the hospital corporation whose majority stockholder is the Frist family(including former GOP senator Bill Frist). Even though the Frist chain of hospitals(HCA) do perform abortions.

The blatant hypocrisy of the GOP in targeting Planned Parenthood and not other institutions/corporations (such as Frist family HCA string of hospitals) would be funny if it wasn't such a serious issue.

When GOP, Fundamentalists start attacking HCA, etc with same vehemence and venom and lies then I'll believe they are sincere. When bombers of anti-abortion clinics start bombing HCA and other corporations that do abortions it will be amusing to watch GOP and cons defend those bombings like they defend bombers of clinics
  15. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    Planned Parenthood---provides wide range of services for men and women that include pre and post natal care, nutrition, screenings of for cancer(for both men and women), as well as abortion services.
    HCA and many hospital corporations---provide wide range of services for men and women that include pre and post natal care, nutrition, screenings of for cancer(for both men and women), as well as abortion services.
    Insurance Companies---provide via their insurance policies a wide range of services for men and women that include pre and post natal care, nutrition, screenings of for cancer(for both men and women), as well as abortion services.
    Public university hospitals--provide wide range of services for men and women that include pre and post natal care, nutrition, screenings of for cancer(for both men and women), as well as abortion services.

yet GOP, cons, Fundamentalists, etc are only seeking to close the doors of Planned Parenthood.
  16. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +724
    Not to mix metaphors but we all know the people on this board who want to protect the unborn would be the very first to call them "takers" and cut off their financial support and health benefits once they left the womb.

One of life's great ironies.
  17. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    I don't want to close PP. I disagree with abortion but I also see many of the good that PP does.
  18. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,148
    Because not giving a human a chance to survive at all is equivalent to believing the government shouldn't be the main supporter in a person's financial life? Come on, there's no where close to the same comparison and it only hurts your argument to make extreme statements like that. Who has a better chance at survival - a person without government assistance who is born, or a person who doesn't pass the first trimester? Our entire history is filled with people overcoming the odds to survive in circumstances and in a world that isn't 'fair,' why is it that all of the sudden were depending on the government to give us some false sense that everything can be equal or fair to every single person?
    • Like Like x 1
  19. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    "I don't want to close PP. I disagree with abortion but I also see many of the good that PP does."

Thank you for posting your words and that you have awareness of wide scope of PP activities.

I also respect other people not liking the concept of abortion. I myself would much prefer that it never gets to the point for people to see abortion as an option. Planned Parenthood does promote other options. But that they also consider it the pregnant woman's choice as to the decision not PP's.

I agree that abortions are often done as a result of people being promiscuous, not thinking, etc. and that those people are ethically wrong not just for the abortion but for getting pregnant to begin with

I would like to see an America that does not have pregnancies that result from incest, rape, sex upon a girl who is 12 years old. Or that all children resulting from such pregnancies would ALL be adopted. but You don't see people exactly lining up to choose those children first in adoptions.

I would also like to see an America in which the rate of children living and dying in poverty is so high(with rates worse in rural America than urban America) do sex education, and other measures that would decrease pregnancies occurring that end up tossing the born child into poverty with a life of poverty and an early painful death from disease or malnutrition.

I find it strange that GOP/Fundamentalists are so anti-abortion because of the 'sanctity' of human life while at the same time the rate of children living and dying in rural areas(predominantly GOP/fundamentalist areas) is higher than child poverty in Dem/lib urban areas. It appears that GOP/Fundamentalists care more for unborn fetus than they do born children.
  20. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,890
    I think PP could vanish from the face of the earth and not be missed, and that Margaret Sanger is one of the top 5, top 10 most evil human beings to have lived in the past 100 years.

The best version of ourselves would be a country where an unborn child isn't murdered because of a crime someone else committed, or worse, because her parents just want to keep the proverbial party going, that the character of the people would be that either of these unconscionable acts would not be considerations in polite society. And that only in a catastrophic life threatening situation would a child's life be subject to the same tragic choices that any other human's life might be in another emergency.