Chelsea Clinton Is Sad Great Grandmother Didn't Have Planned Parenthood

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorplank, Jul 3, 2013.

1. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +342
    I didn't see a thread posted on this topic, but all I have to say about that comment is, "Wow."

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?video_pcode=9kcm06PtVGNZkFkXR2898mHnBha_&width=600&deepLinkEmbedCode=BzdGh5YzqzPRQPuEvNkqZMpymO4WfeqN&embedCode=BzdGh5YzqzPRQPuEvNkqZMpymO4WfeqN&height=337"></script>

Link
    • Like Like x 1
  2. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,023
    I can understand that. There are all kinds of people I'm thinking of right now who I'm sad that their great grandmothers did not use Planned Parenthood.
  3. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +223
    I'm sad about it, too.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. boligator

boligator Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    What's wrong with "planned parenthood"? Shouldn't responsible people have a "plan" before spitting out a brood of kids? "Planned parenthood" should be a cornerstone of self responsibility. As if we didn't have enough people in the world already.
  5. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,718
    I would say it is bad taste, but honestly, a comment like that is just begging for quips like this.
  6. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,718
    Planned Parenthood is as much a euphemism as final solution was. The only thing they exist to plan is non-Parenthood. As for what responsible people do, it starts with accepting up front that their sexual relationship may yield a child and an acknowledgment of how that will change their lives.
  7. reformedgator

reformedgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +159
    You must have pleased after the Haitian earthquake or 9-11. Less people in the world.
  8. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +342
    I don't know if you guys watched the video I linked, but it is a pretty hilarious response to Chelsea's comment. Chelsea goes back in a time machine to fix the problem...lol. It is definitely worth watching.
  9. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +562
    <script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?video_pcode=9kcm06PtVGNZkFkXR2898mHnBha_&deepLinkEmbedCode=BzdGh5YzqzPRQPuEvNkqZMpymO4WfeqN&embedCode=BzdGh5YzqzPRQPuEvNkqZMpymO4WfeqN&width=600&height=337"></script>
  10. boligator

boligator Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    I see where your coming from MICHI. Personally, I too have a problem with irresponsible people getting pregnant and deciding that the easy way out is aborting the "fetus". Not from a religious standpoint personally, but from the standpoint of just being humane. However, that being said, you and I are privileged with being educated and having the ability to love and support our children (that we planned for!!). The difficulty lies in the fact that many people don't have the level of education and economic resources that we have. Many are poor and ignorant and find their futures limited at best. No excuse, but just reality. So what do we do, do away with sex education and contraception (which "planned parenthood" does their best work), or just let it slide and let the taxpayers support all these unwanted kids (and hence unloved and destined for a probable future of despair and crime). Would you be willing to support an unwanted and troubled human being, from birth to adulthood. I mean we can't have it both ways. Either you are willing to support fully these unwanted human beings or you don't. If you really believe that this is the best way forward, stand up to the plate. People will always have sex and children will be the result, wanted or not. The problem is when society itself doesn't support the result of unwanted children. You can't have it both ways.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. boligator

boligator Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    By the way "reformedgator", you are one sick puppy. How dare you make such a comment about me. I have lived in South America for over 20 years and have personally seen extreme poverty and helped build houses for the needy. You are the stereotypical insulated "american" who does not have a clue about real suffering. Get a life dude.
  12. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +507
    They're not really unwanted, at least in this country. Millions are on waiting lists to adopt. I believe only only Planned Parenthood affiliate in the country makes referrals for adoptions. Their abortion to adoption ratio is sick.
  13. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +952
    Considering that the founder of Planned Parenthood had views on the human life, race, God, and eugenics that would make Adolf Hitler blanch in shame, I'd say Chelsea Clinton, Oxford graduate though she is, is a little moron. Margaret Sanger had views that were positively evil.
  14. boligator

boligator Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    By the way Jersey, I applaud your passion about a "real" problem that exists worldwide. I don't always agree with you, but I feel your conviction and respect you for that. Yes, there are many people that want to adopt but the system is antiquated and inadequate. Too slow and way too much red tape. We truly need to examine the issue of adoption and find ways to get unwanted children in to loving homes. It's not easy, but there has to be a better way forward.
  15. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +554
    the problem with adoption today is people can choose the child. It should be if you sign up for adoption you get the next kid in line. No matter the gender, race or age. That's who you get. It should be about loving an unwanted child, not picking one that fits your status.
  16. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +223

Of course it's in bad taste. :devil:

But she started it.
  17. boligator

boligator Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    Well said 96. Herein lies the problem. If we are truly a civilized people, believing in what is good and right, it should not matter if the child is not "ideal" with respect to ethnicity or background, but that they are human beings that need a home, love,and the prospect of a real future, with their adoptive parents supporting them hands down. This is where the problem lies, people who only want a child that fits their personal and sometimes selfish reasons. Unless we change this integral mindset, nothing will move forward.
  18. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +554
    I thought Jersey was exaggerating when he said there are millions waiting/wanting to adopt, so I looked it up.

Approx. 1.5 million to roughly 600,000 kids in foster care. So what does that say about those wanting to adopt? :no:

until there are no more kids in foster care or orphanages then we can talk about limiting abortion....
  19. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::yes:

I know, right.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. boligator

boligator Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    I fully agree 96. The hypocrisy is palpable.