1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Chandler Cox/Martez Ivey

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Briang8r, May 10, 2014.

1. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +637
    Chandler Cox named Auburn his leader today after visiting there twice in the past couple of weeks. While it would suck to lose Chandler, it would REALLY suck to lose Ivey. Does anyone know if these two definitely plan on remaining teammates at the next level?
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,915
    Cannot answer your question Brian. I can see why Auburn would have recruits' interest. I hope we can keep the #1 OT at home. I know we had a good class of bodies last class but we probably are a long way from building a solid OL and hope we can land someone as talented as Ivey.
  3. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,270
    Winning will fix all of this. A win at Tuscaloosa would do even more.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +637

Well now Ivey says we are no longer his leader (per Rivals), so I guess that answers my question. It's early, so hopefully we have a great season like you said and convince these kids to stay home in Florida.
  5. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,270
    Well on a more positive note. Cece Jefferson has confirmed he and cowart will in fact be attending college together and despite cowart hinting going "far away" cece has pretty much done everything except committing to us. That part just seems like a formality at this point.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +637
    Yeah, it would be nice to get two premeir pass rushers in the same class. I couldn't imagine them both going to Oregon. That would just be weird.
  7. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,007
    Now that Chandler Cox has committed to Auburn he said he is going to recruit Martez extremely hard to the Tigers. Would not be good if we lost Ivey to Auburn also
  8. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,270
    Quick, somebody do a "Nancy kerrigan" to him before it's to late :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +637
    And now the Ivey to Auburn crystal ball predictions have started on 247...Cox to Auburn is really bad news for us with Martez.
  10. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,270
    suppose it's time for our coaches to turn up the heat on ivey. I was looking forward to signing 2 #1 overall in the same class. Cowart on rivals and ivey on 247.
  11. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +637
    I agree, but I also hope the coaches are going hard after Bello as well. He would be especially important if Ivey decides to go to Auburn. We can't afford to slip on our OL class this year, especially considering the level of talent in the state of FL.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,315
    This is the wrong time of year to get caught up in stuff like this, before camps, before the season and after the players have been bombarded with letters and emails from coaches. For uncommitted players, their original favorites are still likely destinations. I'm glad our coaches are being patient and not pushing players to commit. I think that's the reason for the unusually average ratings of the current commits. These are guys that needed to jump on the offers. Champ is doing the right thing by betting on a good season. If we were bagging four and five star prospects right now, those commitments would mean nothing until our season was over. Now matter how badly we do on the field, I don't want to be starting from scratch with recruiting next December.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +637
    I agree, but it is the offseason and there is precious little else to discuss. There are only so many Muschamp supporter vs. Muschamp hater threads that I can read on the main board. They make my head hurt. The nice thing about this board is it is mainly optimistic and the discussions are pretty interesting (future roster, team needs, etc.). You are right though, it is WAY early in the process and much will change.
  14. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,270
    suppose it's time for our coaches to turn up the heat on ivey. I was looking forward to signing 2 #1 overall in the same class. Cowart on rival
    Exactly! Awesome recruiting is usually my oasis getaway from the constant negativity. A few pessimist find their way here but not as many. :)
  15. gymgator

gymgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +99
    Are we not recruiting Cox? Does he have a committable offer?
  16. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +832
    UF recruited him very hard and did a good job...got on him very early. But he is a better fit for the AU offense and unclear how he meshes with Roper's offense.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. gymgator

gymgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +99
    But I thought that Hunter Joyner was going to be a much bigger factor in the O? And I remember some "informed speculation" that ideas were being hatched about how to get Jones & Taylor on the field at the same time (or Brown & Lane). This was to get a bigger pass catcher out of the backfield.

But all that aside...any coach who isn't trying to pull some ideas from AU is just too arrogant for their own good.
  18. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +637
    I believe they were talking about moving Jones out to a H-back type position. I heard that as well. I think that could work out well as far as having more playmakers on the field. Jones should be a capable blocker at his size as well. I don't think losing Cox is that big of deal, unless he ends up bringing Ivey with him to AU.
  19. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,966
    They call it the B-Back and agree that it seems like it should be a good fit for Jones. He can catch, run and block and is one of our better weapons if we can get him the ball headed north-south with a little space. While keeping other valuable weapons like KT on the field, too.

I could see KT, Jones and the new TE McGee all on the field together at times along with two WRs (say Dunbar and D-Rob).

There is a ton of flexibility in what you could with them, both running and throwing the ball.

I think Cox could be a fit for that B-Back role, too, but have no idea where he'd compare to other players on the board.
  20. Gator1865

Gator1865 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +86
    IMO Cox fits much better at Auburn. Would I have liked to have him commit to UF sure, but he is much better suited to play the FB role there then to play the B position here.

In terms of Ivey, he did interviews just before Cox committed talking about how much he loved UF. You don't think he know where Chandler was going when he did those interviews? Could Ivey end up at Auburn, sure, but you have to think Avery Young is there sitting in front of him to play his LT position for a while. Don't think Ivey leaves the state of FL and unless we screw things up pretty badly will be a Gator.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1