Cauley-Stein, Poythress to return?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by oneatatime, Apr 15, 2014.

1. dailydoublecat

dailydoublecat <font color=blue>Respected Rival</font>

Ratings Received:
    +600
    I don't think they are, as I don't think we have any next year that will be. This is a decent class, but no superstar. We have a minute point guard who runs his mouth. We have an unathletic two guard who can shoot and we have two bigs that are slow and unathletic as well....not a great combo, but a perfect class for whose sticking around.

Jeff
  2. oneatatime

oneatatime Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +255
    Is Poythress the closest thing to a "3" on that roster?
  3. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +597
    Cal just said today he's going to need to play the 3. Booker and Willis are the only other options other than if the twins return.
  4. dailydoublecat

Ratings Received:
    +600
    I'm not that set on who is a one, two, three, four, etc. It is up to the coach to find a system with the players he has.

Jeff
  5. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,674
    Uh, Calipari has his system. Poythress will likely start out as the three, but Booker may overtake him. They desperately need the floor spacing. The lane is going to be a clogged mess again unless Towns can stretch the floor.

Still don't know where they will find minutes for Johnson, WCS, Lee, Towns, and Lyle.
  6. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,674
    Seriously. If Jeff wants to talk hoops, then fine. But the little online orgasms about UK gets old. For whatever reason, the Kentucky fans never actually discuss our program on these boards, only their own. It is like some big blue signal goes out in the sky over Lexington whenever a post mentions the Kentucky program.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. SwampFox

SwampFox Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +80
    So are the twins doing their own versions of Bron Bron's "Decision"? I mean, are these two the same drama queens off the court they are sometimes on it..? :)

Hey we need to know so UF can begin to simulate our off-season defensive strategy for UK guards using step ladders or butterfly nets.

PS for UKfan: Yes I know this is the biggest decision of their young lives since choosing which cookie to eat first...
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +810
    Hahahaha stepladders or butterfly nets, that's good
  9. oneatatime

oneatatime Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +255
    If I were Lee, I would transfer, Tennessee might be a great place for him
  10. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,781
    I know there is some "creative" recruiting going on there, but what I don't understand is that Cal likes compact rosters and isn't one to throw 10-12 players out there in waves. Where do these guys think they are going to go but sit on the bench? Is getting a bevy of second place banners really that much of a draw if the next wunderkind grabs your coach's fancy over developing your own talent?
  11. NorthCaptivaGator

NorthCaptivaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +240
    Young and Randle were the reason they advanced as far as they did, going to be tough to find much scoring out of the group they have coming back, Cal is going to have to untweak the Harrison kids and just have them drive and shoot and let the bigs clean up the glass
  12. dailydoublecat

Ratings Received:
    +600
    The reason for the timing of the twins is simple....dad wants them to go and they want to stay. We have seen this play out a few times and have seen each side win out.

There is no bat signal as the whole damn thread is about UK players that have chosen to stay. Why shouldn't I be excited? If you get tired of a UK topic on this board don't click or respond.

Jeff
  13. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,674
    No one is tired of a "UK topic," but the unwillingness of UK fans to talk hoops on the thread. Littering a thread with a dozen posts that say "sweet" isn't talking hoops. Now, your statement about the reasoning behind the Harrisons' decision above is.
  14. bakaduin

bakaduin Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +711
    This is crazy talk. If the twins come back, UK is favored by far to win the NC. They will be an extremely tough out and way better than this years team.
  15. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +199
    The Harrison twins are the key to how far next years team will go. They need outside shooting and guard depth. Without the twins this is a weakness and Kentucky will have their hands full with Florida.
    I don't care how good people think Ullis is, he is a freshman point guard, the toughest position to play. Kasey Hill is as good or even better than Ullis and he could not have led the Gators to the Final Four as a freshman.
    If the twins don't return, then Florida matches up evenly with Kentucky, regardless of how many front court players Kentucky has, they will match up with the ones on the floor. Walker, Walker, Harris, DFS, Robinson, Murphy and hopefully Horford will match up just fine.
    If you take Towns out of the mix since the Gators have not recruited a center, I think the Gators 3 recruits are as good and may be better in some instances than the 3 new Freshman at Kentucky. (I don't care what the rankings say, Cal cares, but I don't. I have watched all the film on all of them and Chiozza, Francis and Robinson are as good and will be relied on for depth not starting, which is a huge plus.....
    It is a great time to be a Gator basketball fan
    • Agree Agree x 1