Carter hasn't applied for appeal yet...

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ArtVandelay, Jul 22, 2013.

1. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +454
    Carter easily could turn out to be the best guard on the Gators. He pretty much single-handedly beat the Gators 2 seasons ago. We will have plenty of talented guards coming into the program in the future. We could use Carter right now.
  2. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +469
    This was the subject of some discussion when Carter announced he would transfer here. Rserina, I believe, made a good case that having Carter sit a year and retain two seasons of eligibility would not only not be a disaster, but would also work out very well.

So you have a point. My general feeling, however, is that, as you say, more good players are better than fewer good players, and this season is always more important than the next season or the season after that. There's too much that can happen over the next couple years.
  3. ufgator4ever

ufgator4ever Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +336
    Agree with Maddux, especially in college sports and even moreso in college basketball; play em if you got em. Not sure why the official process of appeal wasn't started, surely assistant coaches could help it along in billy's absence.
  4. Singaporegator

Singaporegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +231
    On the other hand....

If he has to sit out a year he will have a year to learn to play in Billy's system, will be a year older and stronger, which can make A big difference at a young age, and will almost certainly be expected to start on day one. At least one other poster has said he could be the best guard on the team this year...better than Hill? If so or close to so, he could conceivably be the best guard in the country next year. So either way I' not too worried:)

Sent from my iPad using GatorCountry
  5. Singaporegator

Singaporegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +231
  6. jareduf

jareduf Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +180
    Agree about Carter. We will need him more over the next 2 yrs. Of course I will gladly take him for next year, but next yr is the first year in several yrs we don't have to play 3 guards.