Carney ignores Fox's Henry at WH briefing

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by JerseyGator01, Oct 13, 2013.

1. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    maybe Fox should start not being such victims when they aren't...all TV media were ignored the first instance.....but who tried to make it only about one end of the media spectrum(right wing? left wing? all of TV media).

in any case---turnabout is fair play after GWB doing same crap, and no doubt other POTUS's of both parties doing same sort of thing over the years when one wing or another of MSM starts being anuses.

or don't you remember GWB's snub of Helen Thomas. She held POTUS's of both parties accountable to America. But GWB ignored her. She didn't cower and run off like the Fox reporter who walked out. She showed up at most every WH presser knowing she wouldn't be called on. But showed up just the same to
    ---keep the matter on the mind of the public
    ---give the GWB admin the op to call on her no matter how remote that would be.

If you felt fine about GWB and his admin ignoring Helen Thomas you shouldn't be hypocritical when a Dem POTUS ignores Fox.
  2. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,001
    Old, since you mentioned Helen Thomas, how do you feel about this quote she made about the Obama administration:

"we have had some control but not this control. I mean I'm amazed, I'm amazed at you people who call for openness and transparency and you have controlled...". She also said that not even Richard Nixon tried to control the press as much as President Obama.
  3. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +274
    Ever the defender of the Gestapo huh?
  4. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,774
    Name a single instance of disrespect. If only because I want to know what you are defining as respect. Failure to perform acts of journalistic oral service of the kind this administration clearly expects =/= disrespect.
  5. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,774
  6. candymanfromgc

Ratings Received:
    +274
    Michi, questioning anything this regime does is either racist or disrespectful in the eyes of the left.
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,286
    Rep!
  8. austingtr

austingtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +443
    I suggest you go to NPR and see the recent piece discussing the behavior of this administration towards reporters. Liberal NPR concludes that the Obama administration is significantly worse than the Bush administration.

They never answer the questions posed, they shut up microphones to avoid any follow up questions, and they ignore many of the msm.

Here, inform yourself :wave:

Yes, since Nixon nobody has been worse
  9. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,085
    Does someone being a hypocrite about GWB's administration make what Obama or his administration do any less wrong?

I don't understand this stance from the Left. What does hypocrisy have to do with what's right or wrong in a given situation? If Obama or his administration is doing something wrong, what does how people viewed GWB's administration even have anything to do with that? So people may or may not be hypocritical, I understand calling that out, but you can't use that as excuse to ignore what is still currently right or wrong.
  10. wcj786

wcj786 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +153
    Yeah, I agree. It is disgraceful how FOX News shows no respect for the President by parroting his lies, yet shows respect for the citizens of this country by calling him on his lies. But, Obama should not really hate FOX News, because they will show everything he says, if only to then turn around and show that everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie.
  11. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,085
    This is what I think is happening in regards to FNC and the Left's claims about them:

FNC is clearly a pretty partisan network. They do attempt to have views from the other side, albeit, the other side is often over-powered through either man-power of other guests or through the host of the shows shouting them down. But they do try, which to me, is something. Even as a pretty conservative person, I think you still have to be pretty skeptical with them and take it all with a grain(or more) of salt.

That being said, it doesn't mean everything Fox reports is untrue. I think a lot of the Left is just so vehement and emotional in their dislike for FNC, that they would honestly ignore a truthful statement by them just out of spite. I mean, all you need of proof of this are these boards. Some of them act as if FNC is literally incapable of producing any kind of factual statement, which just isn't the truth. I think in reality FNC is probably 50/50 for believability, which is probably the average for most television networks. I view MSNBC and CNN as pretty abysmal in their reporting, but that doesn't mean I would necessarily discount or just completely ignore anything or everything they put out.

(Apologies for the potential thread hi-jack)
  12. austingtr

austingtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +443
    So NPR is also a right wing partisan network?
  13. wcj786

wcj786 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +153
    Apparently, some liberals (mainly oldgator) are having trouble with their reading skills and equate the following quotes as meaning that Carney snubbed all the on-air MSM, when the quotes clearly state that only Henry from FOX News was snubbed.

I am providing those quotes separately, although in the original post, they are back to back sentences. Look, old, and you will see that in the first sentense, it states that Carney gave Obama a list of reporters to call on that did not include ANY on-air MSM.

Now, look at this second quote. It clearly states that it did not happen on Wednesday, as the first quote did, but on Friday at the Daily Press Briefing.

Regardless of whether Henry is an attack dog or not, it is clear that it was a direct, specific, designed snub of the one on-air network that does not constantly get on their knees for this president. That other media do not call out this administration for this also shows how disingenuous they are and how much they are willing to throw away their own integrity to suck up to this administration.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +327
    I just call it as I see it. No sense arguing with you about it since nothing I can say will get you to change your belief that FNS is non-bias. Remember the O'Reilly interview with President Obama--talking about disrespect--he kept cutting the POTUS off. Since O'Reilly is one of the main guys that sets the standards over at FNS, these are the type of actions that are all too common over there.
  15. austingtr

austingtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +443
    I think some people should go to links ^^^^
  16. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +327
    And the GWB admin just outs their CIA operatives (Valarie PlaMe) if they have a disagreement with them. Just the opposite of what BO has been trying to do. I'll take BO's protective actions over Cheney's ill-intent any day.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. candymanfromgc

Ratings Received:
    +274
    No one doubted you would, but I ask you who Barry is really protecting.
    The ones who failed our people in Bengazzi. Yep
    Invaders from Mexico. Yep
    Vets- nahhhh
    Conservative groups from the IRS-nahhh
    • Like Like x 1
  18. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +327
    By twisting the truth, badgering, and just outright lying, the right-wing press and pols have done their utmost to implicate this POTUS in scandals. The BO's administration has done nothing criminal nor has hidden any actions that are criminal. You could even say it is remarkable how clean an administration BO's has been. It truly is one of the all-time cleanest. The right has demonstrated that all they are is desperate in trying to undermine this POTUS by making up scandals. To me, that's what is most objectionable.
  19. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +662
    1)...links to support this statement??

2)...is this your attempt at ultimate sarcasm???
  20. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +327
    Show me where any criminality by this administration was proven? Absence of proof of any wrongdoing is all that is needed. What you'll find is that the right's misguided relentless pursuit concerning these matters came up empty.