Cane fan here

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Morey, Sep 8, 2013.

1. DivePlay

DivePlay Member

Ratings Received:
    +54
    This is how everyone should post to rivals. Bravo sir. Admit your own failings but still get your digs in.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +807
    Welcome to Swamp Gas - and congrats on your win yesterday. I agree it was hard fought game, despite our shortcomings.

I really wish we could play each other every year as we do FSU. A shame the powers that be can't get that figured out....

Thanks for your post and hope to see more perspective from you as the season progresses.
  3. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,029
    5 TOs..... FIVE!

Welcome to gatorcountry. Hope you enjoy your stay.

No offense, but I hope you guys lose every game you play. Lol
  4. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +512
    Congrats, Morey! I'm one of the GATORS fans that hates to hear that we will not be seeking to play you guys in the foreseeable future. The pre-game partying was the best I'd ever seen for a FLORIDA-Miami game (not always crazy about the music selection, but it's good to see fans from both sides having a good time); guys in our group were in line for a spot at 4:30 AM, and it was a continuous party that reminded me of the infield at the Kentucky Derby. I don't recall seeing any bad blood before hand, during the game, and for the most part after the game. A bit much with the language by celebrating some Cane fans, but at the same time, I understand that was a big win that has been hard to come by lately for Miami.

It sucks that we lost the game, but everything else about the trip was a blast. I have no idea why that kind of enthusiasm doesn't exist for more of your opponents, but part of me would love to see a return to the old rivalry (and to be perfectly honest, a bigger part of me would be fine with having you guys struggle and not build upon this victory. :D) Nonetheless, to the victor goes the spoils. We'll regroup and focus on getting back to Atlanta, hope we can learn from our mistakes and do better.

Heard a comment that I think more of us could probably do (probably true of any fan base for a losing team), and that is that we didn't just STB on our own, Miami had a hand in forcing those turnovers, and to that Miami deserves the credit. Better team on Saturday, no doubt in my mind. I'm an optimist, though, and I believe we have better football to be played, and I'm still looking forward to the remainder of our schedule.

Good luck the rest of the season, Morey...so long as your interests don't conflict with ours at least. ;)

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS