Cane fan here

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Morey, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Morey

Morey New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Wanted to say for anyone that came to game that I hope you had a good experience. It was a hard fought game. Both defenses played really well and you guys are going to be tough to beat down the road best of luck the rest of the season!
  2. TampaGatorFan

TampaGatorFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +633
    We handed the game to you guys, period. Props for cashing in on our mistakes, though.
  3. Gatorphenom

Gatorphenom New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Thanks man you too, Duke really is special, and it especially hurt to give that pick up to Tracy Howard at the end but do us all a solid and beat FSU....
  4. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +95
    Duke is average but Perryman is a beast.
  5. urbangirl

urbangirl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +308
    Have been to many UF/Miami games......some I've enjoyed, others not so much. At least the concession stand didn't run out of ice (did in 1987), albeit the concession workers must have been on "island time". Yep, I agree with another poster we handed you guys a game......gift wrapped. It's easy to come on a rival's board when you've won and extend the olive branch.....so to speak. I've not ever understood that mentality. It's something I wouldn't do....but each to their own. My question here is.....would you have done it if the roles were reversed? No disrespect intended, but if FSU beats you, be sure and remember your good will gesture to them.
  6. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +166
    Thanks, nice post. We certainly helped UM win the game yesterday with all our mistakes but UM had to take advantage of those mistakes and for the most part they did.
  7. Morey

Morey New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Yes, I would of come on here saying good game and congratulations. I have been posting on the scout boards of UF and FSU for some time. I enjoy other teams boards it's a different perspective and I like seeing the other sides. I don't hate UF my wife is a Gator alum and I don't really hate any fanbases I dislike more than others of course but in the end it's just a football game.
  8. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,315
    We will be kicking ourselves for our self induced mistakes. Thats football...and you guys played with more discipline. No excuses. Miami earned it...we did not.

Classy post, and go beat the Noles!

Im a dolphins fan, so I have to at least be cordial to Canes fans lol.

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.
  9. Morey

Morey New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I totally agree that UF made mistakes but Miami also made some plays as well. I am just surprised at how few weapons UF has on the outside. That should change soon with Ermon Lane coming in from Hialeah. That kid looks to be really good. Again, I have just started posting here because the UF scout board is very dead and boring so I was told by a UF friend this was a better site. Again, best of luck the rest of the way.
  10. urbangirl

urbangirl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +308
    Nice to know. Remember
  11. Morey

Morey New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Go DOLPHINS!!!
  12. T3goalie

T3goalie VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +22
    Aside from as very frustrating game, we had a great time in Miami. We shot the Sh!t with a bunch of cane fans before, during and after the game. There was a lot of good natured trash talk, but nothing that could not be laughed about and we all lamented the fact that we don't play every year... But for the game,and the long ride home, it was a great time. We were treated well.
  13. TJtheGator

TJtheGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +800
    Miami did what was needed to win. Congrats to them.
  14. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +410
    We should have won this game, as we dominated all offensive categories:

The Canes posted 212 total yards, just seven more than Toledo a week ago. The last time Miami had fewer yards in a victory was Oct. 26, 1996.

UF bested UM statistically in total offense (413-212), passing yards (291-162), rushing yards (122-50), first downs (22-10), third-down efficiency (.400-.090) and time of possession (38:20-21:40).

This is helpful to our WR recruiting:

Florida had two players register 98+ receiving yards in the same game for the first time since Jan. 1, 2010. It was the first time since Nov. 3, 2007 that two wide receivers eclipsed 98+ yards.

You need a good QB to win championships:

A Gators quarterback passed for over 219 yards for the first time since Nov. 19, 2011. That was also the last time a Florida receiver registered a 100+ yard game.

Turnovers lead to losses, regardless of other stats:

It was the second time as many seasons that the Gators committed at least five turnovers in a single game (other game was UGA last season).
  15. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,941
    One thing is clear to me with what I'm about to do. You are a fine gentleman and I am and azzh#le because all I want to stay is in general I hate all Canes fans (including my family and friends) and the mere mention that we were outplayed is bothersome. I5 plays where if one or two were different you guys get blown out. We blew you apart on offense and defense and we handed you the game because our guarteeback doesn't understand how a pocket works.

Doesn't matter, is what it is and it sucks. I don't feel it was a hard fought game. I felt it was a gift that you should thank our coaches and maybe qb for.

Anyway, I'm sorry for being what I know is obnoxious. I lose and you win again on this post but if that same exact game is played 20 times, and probably 20 of them are wins for us. I was unimpressed with Um and even with the schedule u guys have which is none, you will still have a normal Cane season. It was not a competitive game. I would love to meet the Canes in a bowl game.

So thank you for your graciousness. You are a gentleman and I'm not at this moment but Cane fans make me crazy. It's all about the U of which I didn't attend or any other U for that matter. I should not send this but even your kind remarks make me crazy. Hard fought. I just don't see it. Lax on our part and full strength on the Canes still lead to a game we should have won. But we didn't and our last two games were losses to lesser teams and that's a tough pill to swallow

Speaking of pills, where's my chill pill.

Classy post Cane. You're a man among maniacs. .

Sorry for the typos.

Anyway, why do Phin fans have to be gracious to Canes fans? Is it because they are all bad fairweather fans? By the way, Florida is starting to become a Florida team. If you haven't figured it out, my opinion of fans in our state is low.
  16. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,818
    Thanks and welcome to GatorCountry. And congratulations to the Hurricanes on their win. It was a hard fought game. It was interesting watching Coach Golden's comments with ESPN on the field after the game,

Oh, and Go Dolphins! I think Tanneyhill will be very good for them.

The brand new Southwest Miami Senior High School Class of 1961. :)
  17. TyWilliamsGator

TyWilliamsGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Classy post. We really did hand the game away, but Miami earned it.
  18. Tolbert1906

Tolbert1906 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +177
    Thanks, much appreciated. I wish more Cane fans were as gracious in victory. Some guy came on here yesterday and congratulated us, ending with "but today it's all about the U!"
  19. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,941
    You're too classy to be a Cane. Join the good guys
  20. moegator

moegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +101
    Classy post. Thank you an go beat the noles.