Can we trust Muschamp's talent evaluation

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by swampsupreme, Sep 23, 2013.

1. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +572
    OK. I'll say the same thing about Danny and Tim. How stupid do I sound?
  2. Tito22

Tito22 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +160
  3. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +572
    Really? I have to explain it?
  4. theghost

theghost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,021
    Best post in this thread...and so true. You'd think people are questioning a coach who has Nick Saban or Steve Spurrier's credentials....
  5. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    Winner.
  6. GATORnGA31909

GATORnGA31909 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +67
    Really, cause earlier you said Cook and Lane would play immediately and I frankly told you they wouldnt..maybe in mop up duty but without a doubt will not start with Muschamp calling the shots...way too much depth at both positions for either of them to pass them up..so that comment was contradictory and now you realize no matter how good they are in high school it takes development to play at the next level
  7. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,556
    I actually have said I am not sure about Lane you can go read that in the Lane recruiting thread bottom of page 3
    http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=267971&page=3

I still say Cook is playing we will see what happens. But that is not contradictory to what I have said. Different people develop at different times. IMO Cook will be ready to play right away because of his talent and how far along he already is. At some point in his freshmen season he is seeing the field when the game is on the line. And I didnt say Cook would start either as another poster pointed out to you.

Now a player like Alvin Bailey or Adam Lane has to wait a year or two. That doesnt mean they wont be great players in the future or when they succeed the coaches were wrong for not playing them earlier.
  8. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +67
    Blah Blah Blah, you most definently told me Cook would be playing in his freshman year and starting before the end of the year...I told you he wouldnt and I dont believe he will be better than Kelvin in his second year or Jones or Brown for that matter..he might get thrown in a play or two just like Kelvin is now, but he wont be our feature back...

You just stated players dont come to UF and play right away, they have to be developed and Cook is no exception and we both agreed on that bet I said he would be sitting the bench just like the rest of the primetime freshman we have now..I didnt agree with you on the former, but very much so the latter being yes indeed they dont play right away and have to be developed..you talk so highly of Cook as if your his long lost Uncle and his superior talent...Im not saying he isn't talented by no means but its a different league than High School, especially the SEC..If you start at RB as a freshman in the SEC you are without a doubt headed to the NFL barring injury..I havent seen enough from Cook to think he is our Mesiah, and dont think our coaching staff has the ability to develop him that quick to be the man!!!
  9. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,556
    I never said starting stop making things up. He doesn't have to be better than them to play he has a diffident skill set. I think there is a chance Kelvin sees significant time as a freshmen

Percy sure as hell played a lot as a freshmen. You haven't see enough of Cook that is fine I will stick with what I said. Which is he should see significant time as a freshmen
  10. rmonteag

rmonteag Member

Ratings Received:
    +49
  11. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,454
    I was going to say that in my post...but didn't. Phone rep to you.

Sent from my All knowing Android Device
  12. theghost

theghost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,021
    ^^^ Nice pissing contest boys!!
  13. Hebron13

Hebron13 Member

Ratings Received:
    +27

How far apart do you think these kids are as far as talent? So many components to who starts, even plays....I tend to think and believe most of the roster is here for at least 1 good reason....what separates is minimal....at the top of the depth chart...
  14. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +67
    you didnt say start, your words were ASAP....ASAP to me is starting, dont get no sooner than that
  15. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +564
    I do think it is sadly ironic that most of the players mentioned in this thread as possible examples of Muschamp not evaluating talent on O are not his recruits (Debose, both QBs, all upperclass TEs, etc..).

Can we wait until his recruits are Juniors and Seniors before we jump to conclusions?
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,556
    Well to me those words don't mean the same thing so it is just one big misunderstanding. It happens some time maybe I need to be more clear next time
  17. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    It is probably still early but statistically we recruit equally well on offense and defense. Our bust and success rate should be similar on both sides. A discrepancy is either due to talent evaluation or coaching them up
  18. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +67
    quite possible, but I still dont think he see's significant playing time ASAP either..the playcalling here is run the ball into 8 man fronts over and over till they give up..We have backs here in place already who will be mastered that..we rarely run plays to benefit Cook and when we do we will have Showers still to make them..Muschamp isnt going to give plays to a freshman over a Junior or Senior.

Cook and Taylor both have similar skill sets, very good feet, both good vision and shiftiness. the only different is Taylor will have a year under his belt knowing the Offense. Dont forget he is the leading rusher in the State of Florida All Time...he has plenty of talent but still not getting significant time, and I honestly dont believe he will until Jones and Brown gets hurt. Sad but only time oppurtunities are given under this regime is due to another mans misfortune
  19. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,432
    Truth
  20. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +564
    If you apply this logic both of our coaches who won MNCs for UF could not coach a lick, b/c some players did not blossom until their senior year...

Spurrier must not be able to evaluate passing game talent or WRs, after all Travis McGriff had 1200 yards his senior year, SOS should have played him sooner.

Same with Urban Meyer and Dallas Baker, Gillislee, etc...the list could go on and on...
    • Like Like x 1