Can we keep Muschamp and fire a bunch of 'fans'?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by cpgator, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Ofg8r

Ofg8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +225
    Just a point to Gator Law's shock at what a freshman QB could do against the Gators. Mauck is a redshirt freshman, so in fact he is in the same situation that Tim Tebow, a true sophomore, was the year he won the Heisman. Somtimes we get so engrossed in making points that we lose sight of facts. Besides, the first two plays were shocking, but I do not think it was Mauck's passing that beat the Gators. There should have been at least 2 or 3 ints as well.
  2. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +908
    I understand this more than you realize, but mocking the coach's name isn't a way to put your point across without appearing mean-spirited and petty.
  3. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +484
    Didn't f$u lose 11 players to the draft and is starting a redshirt freshman at QB? They have looked no where near as inept on offense as UF has this year. Will's offensive philosophy is offensive. I hope he figures this out and does so quickly. I love a dominating defense more than anyone, but you HAVE TO SCORE POINTS in order to win games. Dominating defenses will not shut down everyone. You can't rely on pick sixes and kick returns for your TDs.
  4. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +136
    It's been this way before I started as a freshman in '63. Some of you who are older Gators will remember the oft-repeated "Next Year Will Be the Year of the Gator."

Fans don't change. They are very happy when our team is excelling and very unhappy when we have a mediocre season. Don't expect otherwise.

Fans at UF are not unique. The same things happen at every big football school.

At the risk of being castigated, football is a game played by boys. If you expect near perfection at that age [or any age], dress out and show up for practice.
  5. jdubb34

jdubb34 Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Mizzou has huge wideouts that are going to cause DB's problems the rest of the year just as they did UF and the teams before UF. This was known before the game was ever played. If you watched the game, and were sober, you would see that we gave up chunks of yardage between the 20's but didn't give up TD's, holding to a lot of field goals. Without that push in the middle, our DB's had little chance. If you couldn't see that our guys were gassed halfway through the third, then I don't know what game you were watching. We were in it till the 4th when our D just ran out of gas.

Depth is a huge problem. Whether or not you choose to accept that fact is up to you. We are a shell of a team right now. It sucks. But it's the way it goes sometimes. Why people expect the stars is beyond me. Going into the season, it was very well documented that there was little room for error with injuries. Well, guess what, we've had enough injuries to key players to satisfy the injury Gods for at least a decade.

Our prior coach, his own words, were that the program was broken and he wouldn't let his kid play a UF. Recruiting was suffering before he left. Kids from WM first class either never made it in or left. Happens at every program. We needed a culture change at UF. Bringing in, by and large, a different athlete that fits a different system. Why was Saban so successful at Bama after a transition? They were already running a pro style offense. Heck, Saban himself said WM had his work cut out for him. We are having to build it from the ground up. Why? We were running the spread option, recruited for the spread option and now trying to run and recruit a pro style power run game.

Believe it or not, like it or not, it WILL take time. It sucks, big time. But give me a program that has had to deal with what UF has in the last 5-6 years and is on top of the mountain? Call it excuses all you want, but for me, looking at it through objective glasses, I see reasons as to why we are where we are, not excuses.
  6. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +908
    FSU did lose 11 starters, but their depth is much deeper than ours. They returned 48 lettermen (24 offense, 22 defense, 2 ST), while Florida returned 41 (20 offense, 19 defense, 2 ST).

Although I scoff at the notion that a 5-win SEC is better than an 8-win ACC team, the fact remains that the ACC is somewhat easier to play in than the SEC. That said, it isn't like we played defensive powerhouses this year. Thus far, the highest ranked defensive team we played is Miami, an ACC team.

Our offense is undeniably dysfunctional now, and if Boom and Brent can't fix it, they are going to have to answer for it.
  7. tommyvee

tommyvee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +423
    So you think Mauck should be a Heisman candidate?
  8. Taxg8r00

Taxg8r00 Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    You are right. My emotions got the best of me.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +908
    Of course. You are a passionate fan. This is an emotional game.
  10. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,687
    Who hired them and Weis anyway....Foley?
    Coaching includes evaluating people and talent too.
    Keep the lights off....they won't help you.
  11. GreenWaveGator

GreenWaveGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +40
    A redshirt freshman making his first career start. Not like Tebow
  12. whitelakegator

whitelakegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    The Will Muschamp experiment is coming to an end very shortly imho. Great defensive guy but his overall philosophy is flawed. Last year was proven as a fluke and perfect storm of luck. He is what he is...an 8-5 coach. He'll never be more. Texas lucked out by us stealing him. Sad story but very real.
  13. Hebron13

Hebron13 Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    I was trying to remember the exact verbiage to this quote many years ago. That's it!

Pat macmahon got it, zook got it, Carolyn peck, are a few....

I'm not sure I'm ready to say WM is in same boat. Now his boat is taking on water but I believe he's ok, barring a complete collapse to end this year.

Problem is who? Who really should come in here? I don't want to hear about these guys that are 4~3 at vandy or Peterson, if it ain't a rock star replacement, don't do it.

Foley in a tough spot with attendance, apathy, and worse successful teams west and south.

The injury situation is just stupid, and shit Meyer left us has same quitter attitude. If he get whacked this year, we are in trouble for much longer than letting him stick it out. It could do more harm than good.

One big big difference is the offense. Look at what tally has...what receiver wouldn't want to go there? We need playmakers, period. Crossroad for sure
  14. RemainCalm

RemainCalm Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +234
    Lol. 2.5 years and still dysfunctional. He needs more time. Blah, blah.

Ole Miss has been a doormat and perinial loser since the 70's. They dont recruit like us, , worse facilities, no where near the money we have. All of this aside, with inferior talent, this is what their offense has done.

Using Houston Nutt leftovers in his first year, 2012, Hugh Freeze moved OM offense up.

2011: Ypg: 281. 2012: 423.

2011: Passing-151 ypg. Nat Rank: 107.
    2012: Passing-249 ypg. Nat Rank: 49.

2011: Rushing-129 ypg. Nat. Rank: 83.
    2012: Rushing-173 ypg. Nat. Rank: 49.

2011: Scoring-16 ppg. Nat. Rank: 116.
    2012: Scoring-31 ppg. Nat. Rank: 47

In one season they went from totally inept to good.

One recruiting class and previous coaches leftovers. Don't give me the needs moretime crap. Nutt didnt leave better talent than Myer.
  15. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +850
    and sadly it all may end this year.....hard to believe
  16. gatorlaw71

gatorlaw71 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +128
    If it was up to some of our posters, Ron Zook would still be the coach, and we'd be forever waiting 'till next year.
  17. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432
    Actually, he's a true freshman.
  18. number1

number1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +295
    Dude, just quit it. Stop making excuses for the horrible production of our offense against what has been pretty mediocre defenses. If the team isn't able to turn things around, it could get real ugly around Gainesville. We still have Georgia, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Florida State on the schedule. We have no time to waste in turning this thing around, or we will be sitting at home come bowl season.
  19. seanymac

seanymac New Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    Incredible how anyone can defend this guy at this point.
    We have been in triple digits wrt to offense since the guy has been here.
  20. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +968
    The answer appears to be "no."