Can we keep Muschamp and fire a bunch of 'fans'?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by cpgator, Oct 20, 2013.

1. cpgator

cpgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    Let me get this straight. Guy is in his third year, coming off an over-achieving 11-2 record. Loses eight players to the draft. Loses his starting QB and best defensive player to season-ending injuries. Has three losses to teams that are a combined 20-2 and people are screaming for his head.

Based on these whines and moans I can only surmise that this board is populated by legions of over-achieving self-made millionaires who never have a bad day and hump their harems like pRon stars. Or maybe it's the same morons who declared Charlie Strong was clueless in 2007, the year before his defense dominated on the way to a MNC. Or maybe it's the same constant complainers who whined that UT's program had surpassed UF after the 2001 game. Perhaps it's the children of b*tchers who wisely told us that the SEC had figured out Spurrier after he lost to UT and Miss St in 1992. Or that Nebraska 'solved' SOS after the blowout in the Fiesta.

The SEC plays tough, competitive football. Remember there was a time (before some of you were born) when UF had never won an SEC title. The price for playing in a tough conference is that you will lose games. The price for playing in a pansy conference is that you get soft and get trapped in the mediocrity that enveloped the ACC. Dynasties beyond 4 years don't happen without breaking or bending the rules. Remember that all of UF's national championships required more than a little bit of good luck. So we catch some bad breaks, get over it.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,733
    This fanbase would happily trade close low-scoring-defensive games that we win for a high scoring loss.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. UFFL

UFFL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    Tim Davis and Brent Pease need a talking to, not Muschamp
  4. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,733
    Im still in full support of Will, but I think he is holding Brents hands a bit here. If not, I agree he needs to go, but I suspect he isnt allowed to just call a game the way he wants to 100%.
  5. UFFL

UFFL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    We have been balanced/passing more. Muschamp set up a shell when we played Bowling Green. I think it's been all Pease ever since the USC game
  6. LostReptile

LostReptile New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    blame the fans!
  7. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,348
    You make some good points, but will you be saying this after 3 more losses? One of them possibly being Vandy!
  8. HungaryGator

HungaryGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    Yes its the fans' fault we signed 6 OL in three years.

Its the fans' fault we hired an OC who had only been an OC for one year and who inherited a star senior QB and who worked for a coach who was an Offensive guru who developed that QB and designed that Offense.

Its the fans' fault we scored a total of 6 points and got handled easily by LSU before going up to Missouri and getting blown out up there.....after committing 5 turnovers and losing to miami.

Its the fans' fault we can't line up and snap the ball without committing numerous offsides penalties week after week.

Its the fans' fault we are last in the SEC in YPC yet attempt to run the ball more than anybody else.

Its the fans' fault we run the ball 78% of the time on first down and are so predictable that every Defense we face loads the box to stop us every game on first and second down, then blitzes like crazy and pours into the backfield nearly unimpeded on every 3rd down.

Its the fans' fault that the player who looks like he is easily the best Tailback we have didn't start getting game action until the last couple weeks and has yet to start.....even though he is averaging almost twice as many ypc as the starter.

Its the fans' fault we could not figure out that he Guard we have pressed into service at Tackle was overmatched against a good DE and that it might be helpful to put in a TE and/or a Fullback to help out in blocking.

Yep, all of that is on those whiny fans. Just think how good we'd be without them!
    • Like Like x 5
  9. gator_chomp

gator_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    boom gets the rest of this year and all of next year

if by the end of 2014 there's no noticeable improvement, then i think it's time to start looking for a new coach
  10. gatorcrimlaw08

gatorcrimlaw08 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +59
    Sure, we can fire the fans and keep Muschamp. The offense will still suck though.
  11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +156
    Great post HungaryGator
  12. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +503
    Great HungaryGator....I'll add another to your list that baffles me:

Is it the fans fault the coaches stopped playing Kelvin Taylor? He only leads the team in the past 2 weeks in any type of yardage.
  13. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    This one cracked me up!
  14. RemainCalm

RemainCalm Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +249
    Harrison, Kohene, and Halaipio are seniors. If Green comes back next year that leaves Moore, Garcia and Humphries coming back with experience blocking air. As bad as this unit is, there isn't a single guy on the bench that can do better? If not, how are they magically going to get better next year? They aren't. Are they all of a sudden going to sign 5 Larry Tunsil's this offseason? Highly doubtful since they have yet to put any effort into upgrading the o-line in 3 years.
  15. 1984Gator

1984Gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    Seems like he'll need to coach a top 100 offense by next year or wave bye bye!
  16. 1984Gator

1984Gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    Davis under the bus, it's a given and pease at the end of the season too!
  17. 1984Gator

1984Gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    That was quite the mystery!
  18. vincenzo_incendio

vincenzo_incendio Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    I'm still on board with Will, but a third straight loss to Georgia will be hard to get over.

Pease is canned after this season, I don't think there is any doubt about that.
  19. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,348
    The list is bigger than that. Sigh...
  20. MiamiGator79

MiamiGator79 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +22
    We've scored one offensive TD in the past two games. Even with the injuries we've had that's pretty pathetic. A little complaining is warranted, but I don't think firing Champ is a smart move. Someone needs to be accountable at the end of the day though. Let's face it, we haven't had a good offense since 2009, and with the top tier recruiting classes we've brought in you'd expect to see something decent...that's all I'm asking for, a decent offensive display. We are near the bottom of the rankings offensively in every category...something needs to change.