Can NOT afford to lose Cook, Grier, and Ermon Lane

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by No1GatorFreak, Nov 9, 2013.

1. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,438
    Yes and that he was a qb under meyer.... If you understand this than why all the botching about our 2nd year te's and you whining about champ hasn't had a Heisman recruit yet has he, etc. You may be coming around in understanding that the older kids usually are more mature and more developed, which boggles my mind that you agree yet complain that our freshman and sophmore recruits under champ are not all americans yet.
  2. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,781
    Yup!
  3. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    Do they still allow them to use tees in high school to kick field goals?
  4. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,438
    I dont know? To be honest I didn't know they ever did. I'm only 30 yrs old but when I played in highschool it was always our qb or back up qb holding for our kicker. That was '97 to '01 so I wouldn't guess so but man I only thought they only did that in pee wee .
  5. trustamerica

trustamerica Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    Hardin holder has big effect. When you see the ball laces 8 times out of 10 you hook the ball!
  6. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    True. I wonder why the coach can't find another holder? Or coach the holder how to point the laces in the right direction.
  7. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    It's that actually a problem or is it a young kicker transitioning to the college game?
  8. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    If the laces are not out its the holder's transition to the college game.

I'm still trying to figure out how someone thinks Muschamp 'used Sturgis to perfection last year', but because Hardin is 0 for 5 past 39 yds. 'that is not on Muschamp'. LOL
  9. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +950
    lol. So now it's impossible for players to get better from their freshman to sophomore seasons? lol. Do you even believe some of the nonsense you post? I think you have been watching Muschamp ball too long. There's is an alternate universe where players improve from year to year with good guidance, coaching and motivation.
  10. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +950
    Wait, yesterday your claim was that Muschamp had the brilliant brilliant idea of moving Reed from QB to TE. Then you get called out for being wrong and now Reed was 'moonlighting' at TE. lol. Fail again. Reed started the season as a full time TE. He was moved to QB for a few games after injuries and our inability to score points. And it worked pretty well too.
  11. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,438
    Please show me where I said muschamp is the one who moved Reed to TE. I said champ is the one who developed him at the position. Please do not try to twist my post around so you can try to jump in out of nowhere.
    Reed played te off and on. He had 5 total catches thru the first five games and then played qb the last 6 games only getting 1 reception @te over the final 6 games. He alternated as the spread qb with burton while they sprinkled Brantley in for passing plays. Hence MOONLIGHTED which means partime. He was a qb part of the season and te part of the season. I stated mmuschamp made him a FULL TIME TE. At which time he natural started to develop more at the position. He was good and champ used his skill his final season as he blossomed more at the position. Next time quote what you claim I posted. Thank you if you read this post correctly this time:)
  12. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,438
    How do you know he couldn't have done what he did his sophmore as a freshman? As a freshman he went 22-33 with 1 int and 5 TDs and almost 400 yards and added another 8 TDs rushing for another nearly 500 yards. And that's in limited playing time. Full time who knows but if you watch tebow highschool film he has always played the same and was the same skill set. And he was great at it. I'm just saying meyer knew tebow was a beast the way he was, that's why he never messed with his mechanics etc. He even stated as much toward the time heading up to the senior bowl.
  13. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    Reed was a hs QB who Meyer made into a TE. Reed threw 29 passes all season out of need because of injury, Brantley sprinkled over 300.
    You should say he moonlighted as a QB because he was a TE under Meyer.
    Musch made a TE into a FULL TIME TE because we had Driskel and Brissett. . - Brilliant!!! :roll:
  14. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,438
    No because we had Brantley. Driskel and brissett were played out of necessity when brantly was hurt. And nothing was deleted ive never been warned or banned or even notified and dont insult people, you on the other hand tend to talk to other posters as if you are the next bear bryant or something, and any one who supports our staff, like i will till they are fired by the PROFESSIONALS (at which time i will support the next coach) you quickly dismiss any ine who supports the staff as incapable of knowing about the sport, so how is your career as a football consultant going for you? I know reed was a TE but only caught 1 pass in each of the first 5 games and then only one the next 6 games he was the wild cat qb along with burton. You do remember that right you know burton and his 6 touchdowns in one game out of the wildcat/ spread whatever that Meyer tried to use without a tebow/cam type of player. it was soon realized that Brantley was a square peg in Meyer's circle hole.
  15. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317

And are you talking about Reed's FRESHMAN year? Every TE on the roster was a FR or RFR. Didn't you say TEs don't usually contribute much until year 3? Our leading receiver was Burton, 25 catches. The offense was as bad as the last 3 years wasn't it? Meyer had a different offense and rarely threw to a TE. At least he played Reed as a RFR. Reed's big year was with Driskel and Brissett. In 2011 he had Brantley until Bama, and Driskel, and Brissett. Starting to see why he didn't need to play as much QB the last 2 years?
  16. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    Can you look at what you said? We had 3 QBs. That is when Driskel and Brissett were here like I said. See why Reed was able to play more at TE?
  17. feartheswamp2009

feartheswamp2009 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Oh my gosh who really cares this is a recruiting thread. I understand we come here to post,share thoughts, debate an so on but I find it very strange and funny how ya just keep it going. Your arguing over a keyboard about the past and something that is irrelevant to the purpose of this thread. Lets keep on subject please since thats what most clicked on for to read and discuss. Im sure though you cant resist and will call me out or argue so let hurry up and get that post out so we can get back to recruiting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Gator Country
  18. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,438
    Aaron hernandez disagrees with your statement that Meyer didn't throw to tightends. :) and the words mostly and usually do not mean don't and never.
  19. GatorEst1992

GatorEst1992 Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Anybody remember Cornelius Ingram he was a good TE that was thrown to a lot during 06
  20. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,438
    My thoughts exactly.