Can NOT afford to lose Cook, Grier, and Ermon Lane

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by No1GatorFreak, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    There is no QB Heisman and RB Heisman. Its just a Heisman winner. Yes I was serious, I knew the answer, someone finally looked something up to check a fact, good job. Aaand you just proved the first part by showing the soph who played for Musch did not win the Heisman. Even though he was the #1 qb recruit, like Tebow. 100th ranked offenses don't win a Heisman. Well, maybe Hornung? That's not the point anyway, it is what offensive nucleus Meyer left here for Musch. They are 100th and key skill position guys went to the NFL and left glaring holes at TE and K.
    Keep interpreting the list as 2 men and a kicker, (lol) as you said.
  2. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    True, but its just not relevant. He was the top QB recruit and Musch has failed with him thus far. I believe he will keep improving year 'round working hard and maybe learning everything Leak knows. Oline is the question. Won't matter how good the qb is running for his life as Murphy was Sat.
  3. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,997
    Exactly. You don't make a coaching decision based upon recruits, even though you have to accept that a coaching change hurts you in the short run. You make a change based upon whether or not there is a significantly better candidate available for the future direction of the program. Unfortunately, these boards do not share that measured approach.
  4. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,321
    He was not the top qb recruit not even close.
  5. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,864
    I think he meant his ranking#1 but many people had questions about him coming out of hs. He has all the physical tools and I believe that's what they based that ranking on because he only had 16 passing TDs his senior year? Grier has what 40 so far? So yeah driskel was a running spread offense qb. But Bridgewater came out the same year he wasn't ranked as high didn't do as well at the elite 11 so that shows you how those ranking are. Champ got the #1 kicker (Hardin) yet he is 4-10 on field goals and that is not on champ.
  6. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +956
    Really? He won the Elite 11 camp. Not sure how you can say it "wasn't close." He was also the number one pocket qb and one scouting agency said he would have been the number one dual threat qb too if they were allowed to do it. Not sure how that equates to not being the top qb or at least close to it.
  7. mdfgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,321
    Wait for the draft. He was ranked highly, to date he has not played to that ranking, neither has Powell
  8. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,864
    In his defense, Brantley won the elite 11 and tebow did not. So that isn't the best barometer for how good a qb is when that Qbs biggest weakness is pressure and they can't rush the qb at the elite 11. And he was a spread option qb, which is why Meyer recruited him. He ran for more TDs than he passed for in hs. I would equate that to a running qb.
  9. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +956
    Whoever said recruiting was an exact science? If you're talking about where a player ends up "ranked" after their collegiate career you may have a point but that isn't what people refer to when citing high school rankings.
  10. mdfgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,321
    U said the top player, he was ranked as top was not the top guy, not even close
  11. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +956
    Again, no one ever said recruiting was exact. I don't disagree that the Elite 11 may not be best barometer but it can tell you if those perceived top eleven qbs have skills and Driskel excelled there.

As for Driskel being a pocket qb versus a running qb i thinking you're looking for an argument where none exists. Both Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick are pocket qbs that run. Driskel would be no different. He has all the physical tools to be an elite throwing qb. That he can run is only a bonus.
  12. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +956
    This post doesn't make any sense.
  13. mdfgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,321
    Ok
  14. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    No, don't spin it to say 'wait for the draft'. Musch has not coached him well enough to get drafted. Besides, the discussion I got trolled for was about offensive recruiting nucleus, not Driskel's lack of progress.
    If Powell has not played up to his ranking why don't you blame his coaches for not developing him?
  15. mdfgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,321
    Ah u believe in coaches developing players, ura smart one!!!
  16. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    Smart enough to know Driskel was a top QB recruit while you say "not even close".

and YES a coach is a person who teaches and trains an athlete or performer.
    Musch's job is to develop players and win games.
  17. mdfgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,321
    Top ranked......another one that does not know the difference between fantasy and reality
  18. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    ...another post that makes no sense. Not even close.
  19. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,864
    I still think driskel is a fine recruit and believe he will be much better next year, and I agree with you he has all the physical tools to Excell at the next level. It's possible that poor oline has caused his mental "timer" to be out of whack, but if he improves his pocket presence and his overall feel for pressure than he may very well exceed our expectations.
  20. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,864
    Champ didn't teach leanord to stay out of trouble? That's extremely laughable seriously, did Meyer teach hernandez or Rainey to stay out of trouble? What about teaching percy harvin to stay out of trouble and not fight coaches or fail drug test before the combine, or how about "teach" spikes to not gouge opposing players eyes. Come on..... These are young men, they will do stupid things and pay the price but you mean to tell me Leonard beating up his girlfriend is because champ didn't teach him to not do it? I have seriously heard it all.
    And I only mentioned defense because 90% of the list you posted was DEFENSE. give me a bigger offensive list of great players and we can discuss that, oh wait there isn't a bigger list. As far as christian and Leonard better than any TE we have now, well he had one better than those 2 last year and the year before didn't he? And Reed was brought in as a qb to run the spread option under meyer he only moved to TE when qb wasn't working. He only had 6 receptions under meyer and 73 under champ so you tell me who used him better?

Did you say Rainey exceeded expectations while in pitt? He has 102 total career yards rushing. How is that exceeded? Thompson has 9 reception in 2 years I guess that is exceeded as well huh? Oh what about demps well he has 1 carry for 14 yards. Man that offensive talent is lighting the league on fire. Like I said gilly reed, and sturgis are the beat offensive guys champ has had. Defense Meyer recruited excellent, and champ took those guys that were here and churned out top 5 defenses, no regression there, he made good on the talent he has.

I had to laugh once more, Rainey exceeded expectations at pitt. Lmao