Can NOT afford to lose Cook, Grier, and Ermon Lane

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by No1GatorFreak, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317

LOL WUT? Tebow won a Heisman and National Championship. Newton played in 5 games as a Freshman then broke his ankle in the season opener as a soph. before he stole a laptop while medically redshirting. Has Musch brought in 2 Heisman QBs? Has Musch played a freshman QB? Has Musch played a soph QB?
    Please show me where I mentioned Brantley in my post. He just didn't pan out to win a Heisman, you can blame Meyer for that.
  2. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +845
    Hear hear!

These kids are showing some tremendous loyalty to the programme. Got to love that. With last years and this year's class, defensively we're going to be first rate for quite some time.
  3. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,864
    Its not hey epic fail because of all those guys that you listed in the NFL only three are oFfense, one is a TE in the nfl because of champs development of him at the position one is a kicker and gilly got drafted because he was feature back in a run heavy offense of champs. All the others listed are defensive standouts which with muschamp has not disappointed. So he was right a OFFENSIVE nucleus of Grier, cook, lane, goolsby, and if we get adoree jackson too!. And just a reminder, #1 overall recruit de'shawn hand announces thursday. Apparently he still had a blast on his visut, even though we didnt win. I still think he is Michigan bound but I wouldn't be surprised if we got him. He loves coach boom and lawing.
  4. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,864
    Fwiw. If cam stayed he may not have won the his man either. He was able to "grow" at bblinn C.C and then shine at auburn. But if he rode the pine for 3 straight years who knows. I don't think he would have won much with the 2010 squad.
    And I love tebow but he never really developed as a qb. He came and left as the same type of player. HHe came out of the gates as a sophomore killing it on his way to a Heisman in his first year starting. I think you can see the development from Meyer on tebow in the nfl. Meyer actually tried hard not to change a thing about tebow cause if it ain't broke don't leave for another school...Oops I mean fix it. Tebow was the same qb as a freshman as he was in 07 an 08.
  5. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +956
    LOL, what?
  6. philip214

philip214 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,129
    Seriously, you have the reading comprehension of a two year old. I'm talking offense and you list a bunch of defense and not much young talent on the offensive side of the ball under Meyer. At least if you call me out, buy a clue first. You basically proved my point again showing no significant young talent that Meyer left behind on offense and not better than the young nucleus we have now and in our recruiting class this year. Meyer whiffed a lot in his last couple of years recruiting offense. Only little speed guys. The big wrs and rbs were going elsewhere. Thus, part of our issues on offense the past few years.
  7. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,864
    What year did tebow develop then? He became the first ever sophmore Heisman, are you saying he was developed into a Heisman Trophy winner in one off season from fresh to soph? OK assuming so, what changed from year 1 to year 2? some of these kids come straight into college ready to compete. The Adrian Peterson ' s and Sammy Watkins of this world sometimes
    Are already developed enough to compete in college.
    I love tebow as much as any but he really didn't change much he was always a strong leader, run first qb who was dominating college teams as a 18 year old kid. Meyer never really tried to develop him for the next level because he was killing it with the way tebow played since high school. Sorta of same with percy. As a freshman killing it and was gone after Jr year.
  8. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,864
    Out of his list of nfl draftees that were on ooffense one was a kicker. (Lol) and the other 2 (Reed and gilly) were highly miss used or in the wrong position altogether. Champ developed gilly and Reed IMO. All that list shows is champ knows what to do with talented players. All those defensive studs that are listed flourished under champ and so did the few offensive guys
  9. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    I love how you %!&*s ignore Thompson, Rainey, Driskel, Leonard, and Christian on the list. Who has a reading comprehension problem now?

Meyer left a nucleus for a good team. Kicker (lol) included. How many kickers has Musch tried this year? How is that going? 1 for 7 over 39yds.
    Meyer moved Reed to TE after his redshirt freshman year. LOL at saying Musch developed him and Gills. Everyone wanted Gills to get more touches his Jr year but Musch didn't let him. He had less carries in 2011 than under Meyer the year before. He had more ypc than Demps and Rainey. Gills played in 13 games as a freshman. Who developed him? Reed avg'd less than 4 catches a game, 550 yds in 13 games. Wow what a year. He has as many catches already with the Skins in 8 games and has only started 3. I think Shanahan developed him, lol.

I already said he played as a freshman and was in the opener when he broke his ankle, so he did not ride the pine. Your what ifs and opinion is not relevant because FACT is he won the Heisman and a BCSCG just like Tebow. I never said Meyer developed him, or that he left him for Musch. I'll ask again. Has Musch brought in 2 Heisman QBs or played a freshman or soph QB?

You guys are also counting your chickens before they hatch with your nucleus.
    12 of 41 Musch recruits are already gone in 2 years or less. The only lock is Grier, and that's because of his girlfriend recruiting him. #1 QB just like Driskel but you don't know if he might ride the pine while he grows for 3 years or win a Heisman as a soph. do you?
  10. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    Brantley had a broken hand and separated shoulder his first 2 years, then a new coaching staff and offensive system his senior year. He got hurt again vs Bama.

Injuries are your excuse this year, right?
  11. LoyalGatorFan

LoyalGatorFan Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    On a more positive note, it really must say a lot about Muschamp and the staff as coaches but more importantly as people if we are able to have the top recruit in the country among his final 3 choices with the kind of season we are having....even if we don't get him that is amazing to me.
  12. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,864
    Reed moonlighted as a TE when wsdnt alternating as a qb with burton his rs fresh year under meyer. Reed first and second year as a real full time tight end was under champ, do you think if champ didn't make him one of the focal points of the offense leading the team in receptions. He learned (developed) over those 2 years as a full time te with champ. I always like gilly too but do you think he would have been drafted if champ didn't make him the workhorse in his run first offense?

And cam only played in mop up duty. No meaningful plays at UF. His freshman year was tebow ' s sophmore year, we all know what happened for tebow that year, so if you only played In non meaningful plays during mop up duties and all other important plays you are on the sidelines holding a clipboard than essentially you are riding the pine. It's not like they were rotating Qbs.
  13. samit23

samit23 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +278
  14. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,864
    Originally Posted by*Speedofsand:
    "Has Musch brought in 2 Heisman QBs or played a freshman or soph QB?"

Well since there has only been about 3-4 players to ever win the Heisman before their Jr and Sr years we haven't had enough time to see if champ puts out a Heisman winner. And does it have to be a qb? What about A RB winner? Would you be any less happy about that? And your second part of that question I'm trying to figure out if you were serious, u asked it a couple of times so I will assume u were. Has muschamp played any freshman or sophmore Qbs? YES... He played true freshman against alabama and others his first year, and started a sophmore his entire second season on his way to a 11-2 record. So YES champ has played mostly only freshman and sophmore at qb before this season.
  15. No1GatorFreak

No1GatorFreak Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    So glad that these kids are sticking with us. Gotta admire how they love being Gators. They are going to join a heck of a 2013 class and we will field a talented offense with playmakers everywhere of the likes that we have not seen since 2008. We have size at receiver with Lane, Fullwood, and Robinson. A talented stable of backs that we haven't seen since 1996 with Cook, Taylor, Lane, and Jones. Slot receivers like Alvin Bailey, Debose, and Thompson. Guys that we can move in and out of the backfield like Cook and Showers.

Hopefully, these tight ends can step up and show their potential because the last couple years we have picked up 3 of the Top 3 in the their respective classes. All of this to go along with a defense that will be much much improved at linebacker next year with even more size and returns a loaded secondary that should get much improved play/talent at the safety spots. Maybe the talented freshman from this year will play well at defensive tackle next year because we have a chance to be very good on that side of the ball again.

NOW... looks like we have all of the pieces in place to have a good team. These coaches need to figure out our offensive line woes and coach'em up better and get our QB's playing well and we got a chance. I like our roster quite a bit. It looks like what a Florida Gator football team should be (on paper).
  16. philip214

philip214 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,129
    I feel the same. I like this offense on paper. Get some of our guys back healthy and secure up the OL and there should be considerable improvement. The current class, in addition to last years class, will put our offense on the map again.
  17. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    #Fail spin. LOLOL OKAY The point you are missing and failing to spin is not your opinion of nitpicking Meyer's offensive recruits. Musch has how many years of offense in the 100s ? Yeah he can really coach 'em up. The point is not about who has done what on the team this year. The point was about those offensive nucleus guys went to the NFL and other top recruits who are gone and the glaring problem Musch has at TE and Kicker. From a 2 time Groza Award Finalist to can't kick a 40 yd FG this year. You keep ignoring half the list. You say the current nucleus is "far better". Most of them are not even playing or signed on campus yet. Its nice you think they are "far better" than the names who are in the NFL. That's just your expert opinion. Guys who haven't even been on the sideline are better than NFL guys. Okay
  18. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    You're failing to spin. Not fooling me. The point is what kind of nucleus Meyer left. You can't even read a list without missing half the offensive names. That's hilarious. Reed has developed more after leaving, like others. Explain offensive skill position guys succeeding in the NFL after being on a 100th ranked offense. Gills was drafted, that is a fact. Don't try to spin it by asking if he would have been picked if he wasn't a workhorse. Demps and Rainey were ahead of him, they all signed NFL contracts.
    Cam was not the point, he was not even here for Musch. He was just a Heisman talent Meyer brought here. He quit instead of facing discipline at UF. Of course he 'grew' after that. If not he would be pumping gas, get it? The nucleus Meyer left is listed, that is the point. It's great that you KNOW for a fact that guys who have not played a down are so much better than NFL talent. Are you a Professional talent evaluator? Coach? NFL scout? Football analyst?
  19. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    Thompson was a miss? He was a 4* rivals top 10 WR. He's in his second NFL season.
    Driskel was a spread option QB? Pro-style Quarterback
    The point is what nucleus was left by Meyer. Not what happened off the field.
    How do you know for a fact Christian "likely" had "grades/conduct, etc?" Pulled that out of your butt?
    You're putting Gills in Musch's column? He had absolutely no increase from Meyer to Muschamp until Demps and Rainey graduated. Of course he had his best year after that.
  20. Blackblack

Blackblack Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +172
    No dog in the fight but Driskel did play in a spread offense in HS. Rushed for 1,200 yards and 20 TDs his senior season. Only threw for 16 TDs.