Calling On GatorNation to Unite for Homecoming....

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by TheOriginal14and0, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Itssaul

Itssaul VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    Edm is that weekend in Orlando. Add that to a bad season and noon start vs a bad opponent, then I expect the stands to be REALLY empty. But as usual, I'll be there
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,184
    I'm watching from home.

I've been sitting in the same section for 40+ years now, in the same seats since the '80's, and I was there during 0-10-1 in 1979 too, but as for this season I'm approaching it like I do a movie I don't want to see and everyone else does, I'm not going to waste my money on something I don't want to watch and I don't go.

Therefore, I will not be attending anymore games and I certainly will not renew my season tickets if Muschamp is retained. If UF is going to demonstrate they are going to make serious effort to give us, the fans, a quality product again, then I'll probably renew my tickets next year.

There are many people who can say it's being a bad fan but I myself believe it's my only way to telling the UF administration that I'm tired of investing as much money as I do in such a poor product. If I don't like a political candidate, I don't go the polls and vote for him.

CFB has become a big-money business and it costs a LOT every year to buy tickets and go to the games, it's a major investment above what it was say, 25 - 30 years ago. If I don't like a lawn service, or a paint contractor, I won't spend money on them.

It's the people in the stands who pay a lot of the bills by buying tickets, spending money, purchasing merchandise and highly over-priced stadium food and drinks, and when you see less of them in the stands it sends the message to UF that you are not happy.

At least that's how I see it.
  3. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +407
    I decided weeks ago not to shell out $$$ for plane tickets from NC to attend the Vandy and GSU games. I regret now having to spend what I did to attend the Mizzou game. I just don't enjoy watching the current product provided by WM. I spent more time at the games I did attend earlier this year on my phone than I did cheering great plays. Well, that is if I could get a Wifi connection in the Swamp.

I have tickets to the SC game. But I'm probably going to sell them as well, and not make the drive down. I'm already locked into the FSU weekend. But I'm more interested in watching the basketball game on Friday night than going to the debacle that will happen on Saturday.
  4. gator865

gator865 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +55
    So can I get your tickets for the FSU game? My son and I would love to come enjoy a game. :joecool: It's a long drive from Knoxville but I would have season tickets if I still lived in Florida.
  5. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +475
    Alot of you are hitting on the biggest point: this is some boring football. I drift watching it on tv, much less broiling at noon in the Swamp.
  6. TheOriginal14and0

TheOriginal14and0 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +102
    Getting ready to hope in the car with my son and head to Gainesville for Homecoming w/e. It is a must win and we need to help our team protect the SWAMP against Vandy.

I am glad Neptune will be there. This is also a very big w/e for recruiting as four big time recruits will be there on their official visits and we need to do our best to show them why Gainesville is the ideal place for them to come play football and become a part of GatorNation. Go Gators!!!!
  7. TheOriginal14and0

Ratings Received:
    +102
    I am gald Urbangirl will be there in full force for this must win game. Time to protect the SWAMP. Go Gators!!!
  8. TheOriginal14and0

Ratings Received:
    +102
    We need more Gator fans like jcp screaming their heart out. Time for all of us to take it to a new limit when it comes to showing the students how to make a lot of noise. Go Gators!!!!
  9. TheOriginal14and0

Ratings Received:
    +102
    Lets make some noise UFGator5. So glad you will be in attendance. :)
  10. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +927
    It's going to be a good time, the negative folks are going to be staying home (not saying that if you are staying home then you are negative folk). We can't control what happens on the field, but we can at least give the team the best environment we can to help them have fun and pull down a W.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  11. TheOriginal14and0

Ratings Received:
    +102
    I will be there with my son as well mfpardnor2. Lets show up in a nasty mood and do our best o get our team fired up for Vandy. Go Gators!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TheOriginal14and0

Ratings Received:
    +102
    The SWAMP is going to be rocking with EdSaxman bringing his "A" game to the SWAMP. Time for all of his to join him as we scream our heads off together. Go Gators!!!
  13. TheOriginal14and0

Ratings Received:
    +102
    GatorEst1992 is a true Gator. So glad he will be there to help our team defend the SWAMP against Vandy. Go Gators!!!
  14. TheOriginal14and0

Ratings Received:
    +102
    WESTGATOR is 100% accurate in that we can't control the game, but there is no doubt that we can't help to make the environment electric and exciting for our team and coaches. Go Gators!!!
  15. TheOriginal14and0

Ratings Received:
    +102
    See you guys at the game and this is my last post as we are heading to GVLLE now. Go Gators!!! Time to help our team and coaches defend the SWAMP!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Can't argue with this. They have really ratcheted up the cost of attending games. Not to mention the hassle with parking, tailgating, and allowing TV to dictate ridiculous start times and using insane policies like the 6-day window to even announce an upcoming game time. MUCH more is being demanded out of the fans. More should be expected out of the program in return.
  17. PITBOSS

PITBOSS Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! NO!....who's with me; lets goooo!