Bringing toddler to UF game...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by eric312, Sep 16, 2013.

1. GatorJeff

GatorJeff Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    Congratulations! You obviously engineered the entire situation extremely well (first row, nap, plenty of food and beverage), but most of all you possess a unique little critter who is unusually tolerant of (and adaptive to) potentially stressful, unfamiliar situations.
  2. eric312

eric312 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I respectfully disagree. I had a free babysitter if I wanted (mother in law). Like ArtDeco just said, we just didn't wanna leave him all day (we had to travel to and from Tampa plus game time). The people around certainly didn't change their cheering habits - they were loud, f bombs and other curses were thrown around (including an idiot who celebratd Driskel's injury and called him a p****). I knew that would happen so no complaints there. In fact, don't think anyone even noticed he was there at all except the two people sitting next to us.
  3. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    I started taking my daughter when she was 4 or 5, to the spring game. We went to several games the next few seasons, usually sat in the first few rows. At one game she lost a baby tooth in the first half. I was ready to leave, but she refused. I kept asking, and finally talked her into going to first aid (but she said not until halftime) to get checked. She rec'd a children's tylenol (something she had before plenty of times) and was fine. Come to think of it, she never wanted to leave any games early. I guess fans were better behaved then, I never had any language problems around her. Just cheering.
  4. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,371
    I sat next to a couple with a very, very young baby. The baby never cried the entire game. In fact, he fell asleep in the second half. You're not alone in bringing a baby to a game.
  5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,161
    Glad it seemed to have worked out, but the statements above are just another reason not to bring a child that young.
  6. jjmaines

jjmaines Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Another tip for young kids. If you're cool and respectful, In champion club and touchdown terrace the ushers do not require a ticket for the little ones. AC and snacks are close by. Free pre game buffet (grab a bunch of snacks). It worked great even when my wife was nursing. I took my 15 month old to Kentucky game without my wife's help and had a blast.

Maybe for your next trip.