Brewer going back to Minny

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by LeafUF, Jul 10, 2013.

1. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,128
    Is that really the case? If James, Wade, and Bosh all opt out, the odds are that they stay together, but get raises and lock in the remainder of their careers together. Anthony isn't leaving NY. Deng isn't a legitimate max player. Granger is coming off an injury. Gasol, Pierce, and Nowitzki are way too old to be marquee signees. Seems more like teams are saving their money A) because of the more prohibitive tax guidelines now in play and B) in order to tank for the 2014 draft. I think 2016 will be the next major free agency crop since many of the 2007 draftees will enter the market. Durant (who isn't going anywhere), Horford, Noah, Love, Brook Lopez, possibly Hibbert, Rubio, or Kyrie Irving, among others, would all be great additions to whatever team nabs one of those elite 2014 draft prospects like Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Gordon, or Harrison.

On Brewer, I really like what the Wolves are doing since Adelman decided to return. A healthy Rubio and Love with more time under Adelmen's system, plus quality complementary additions like Martin and Brewer to go along with Pekovic, Barea, Buddinger, and Williams makes them a very diverse and balanced team with plenty of scoring options and one of the best pick and pop tandems in the league. If Rubio and Love do stay healthy, I see no reason they don't make the playoffs, though getting up to a top four seed in the West will be very difficult with OKC, San Antonio, the Clippers, Houston, Memphis, and Golden State all in front of them.
  2. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +792
    Brewer should work pretty well in his system. He was the highest scorer from the left corner in the NBA this season.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...he-2012-13-courtvision-awards-leading-scorers
  3. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +106
    I remember Corey's dad was deathly ill during his days at UF. Did he ever recover from whatever ailed him? Thanks
  4. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,561
    Sadly he passed a year or two ago
  5. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +106
    Really? I hate to hear that. CB is one of the most genuinely nice humans one can meet.
  6. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    I could be wrong but I feel like it has been longer than just a year or two.
  7. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,561
  8. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    And I was wrong. Won't be the first time. One of those weird times when time doesn't fly I guess.
  9. ufgator4ever

ufgator4ever Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +327
    Darn. Was hoping he would stay in denver or get picked up by bulls. Noah and brewer, all energy, all passion, all the time. Add David Lee and nobody would out hustle that team.