1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Breaking: Ray Lewis used a banned substance to recover this season.

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by tilly, Jan 29, 2013.

1. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    I will never take soy, almond mill with Isopure is better
  2. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,222
    Then I think we actually agreed all along.

My only point was that arginine doesn't work the same way something like nitroglycerin does. With nitroglycerin, every bit of it that you take will convert to nitric oxide because NO is a metabolite of nitroglycerine. With arginine on the other hand, while you have to have it in order to produce NO there is a maximum return, once your body has all the NO that it needs, arginine gets diverted to other uses / digestion.
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,112
    Yeah, it's gets confusing.
  4. rounds

rounds New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Interesting thread.
    GR22 that Dr. Sigthelian or whatever seems to be a reasonable guy which is unusual in the supplement arena.
    There are still many cautions a person needs to observe in putting lightly regulated substances in his body on a daily basis.
    A prime example is otc Tryptophan. It killed many people in the U.S. in 1989 while being taken for nervousness and sleep by a huge number of Americans.
    Anyone familiar with this?? L-tryptophan 100mg dietary supplement.
    5000 injured, 1500 permanently disabled, 40 or so dead. All in the USA by an amino acid.
  5. gator1986

Ratings Received:
    +570
    One thing I don't like at the gym is the douches who lift their shirts up in the mirror or do nothing but biceps and pick up 50 lbs dumb bells and half curl and grunt.... God annoying
  6. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,203
  7. gator1986

Ratings Received:
    +570
    ^^^^^ LOL! I think they meant men ingesting Deca Duroblin... AKA Steroids..
  8. GatorBen

Ratings Received:
    +2,222
    Wherever you copied this from, it is the worst kind of pseudo-scientific garbage going on in the sports nutrition industry. It has a small factual basis (that your body has to have arginine to produce NO), but there are all sorts of problems with this.

First, a "blind amino acid" isn't a thing. It's literally a trademarked term that is registered for use in marketing nutritional supplements based on L-arginine. Need proof? Search MayoClinic or even Wikipedia for "blind amino acid". It doesn't appear in a single article on either site. Next search on Trademarkia. Surprise! There it is.

Next, nitric Oxide isn't NO2. That's nitrogen dioxide, a toxic gas produced as a byproduct of industrial manufacturing.

Finally, NO (actual nitric oxide) isn't a "byproduct of l-arginine metabolism." Your body has enzymes specifically designed to make NO that produce it, admittedly with arginine as one of the things that has to be present to produce it, but as I just said, it only serves a point up to the maximum amount that your body demands, it doesn't just keep producing more and more NO.
  9. gator1986

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Just got it from a workout website... Calm down Arnold!! I was just putting it up there to for you all to read lol!! Lay off the juice brother!
  10. GatorBen

Ratings Received:
    +2,222
    Haha no problem man, I just get frustrated by all the crap that gets put out marketing supplements that they try to make look like real science.

Some supplements have benefits, particularly if you have a poor diet, are deficient in some area, or don't produce enough of some of the things (like nonessential amino acids) that the human body is supposed to be able to make on its own. But the stuff that's written to try to make it look like a scientist or doctor came up with it, even when it's all just advertising, is what makes the industry so sketchy and it bothers me, lol
  11. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    Lol. I thought I got lost in this thread...which has now turned into a weightlifting-nutrition-biochemistry-grammar/English class(what's the meaning of precursor) blog. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    Jaggator just in time...lol. Talking about whey protein I stopped taking it after it caused me to go on lengthy fart-a-thons during the day (I work out in the morning).
  13. GatorBen

Ratings Received:
    +2,222
    Yeah, my bad. I'll try to help to get back on topic, lol

Ray Lewis took snake oil. Do I think he got any competitive advantage from it? No. But banned is banned.

And I am more than a little bit confused why the guy that made it is apparently the one ratting him out. Marketing, just so that he can say to a bunch of impressionable people that "the greatest middle linebacker in modern NFL history was taking this stuff, look what it did for him"?
  14. gator1986

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Look I believe in a strict diet before any supplements, you are 100% are what you eat. That's my personal opinion. I know marketing scams trust me, everyone's got the best, the new, or the best new thing lol, and lots of people fall for it when in reality all you have to do is watch your diet, amino acid/protein intake. People are just so gullible, they'll believe anything that's put in front of them because its "going to definitely" work. Then they post a picture of some ROIDED out douche bag on the magazine page, and these idiots think " OH MY GOD!!! that can be me? By simply taking this new Whey Protein I too will have 20 in biceps, and veins blowing out my butthole?!?" Lol

Look my friend "juices", he uses Deca and I am stronger than him, and faster. People do not realize what power natural items have.

The best advice I ever got was this, " your body is a temple, and you have to take care of that temple by putting things into it that keep it constructed, when you fail to take care of it, it fails to take care of you "
  15. gator1986

Ratings Received:
    +570
    And whey protein definitely makes you fart! And ray Lewis sucks!
  16. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    Yeah...just about right IMO. Ray got played by a bunch of marketing/advertizing crooks. As usual, the media goes into overdrive over a minor issue thereby promoting this shady company. Welcome to America.
  17. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,203
    :laugh: Now that this thread changed topics again, I think she agrees with you.

[​IMG]
  18. rounds

rounds New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    S.W.A.T.S. dude playing ESPN to the max for free pub....priceless
  19. rounds

rounds New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Sorry hit edit instead of reply.
  20. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    ESPN is the most gullible news organization ever.