Breaking News- Obamacare abandoning website

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatordowneast, Oct 25, 2013.

1. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Going the paper route with packets coming via US postal service (uh oh)

Just got this from someone downstate a minute ago:

I wanted to let you know that earlier today I received my "Obamacare enrollment packet” from the White House.

It contained:

· An aspirin and a band-aid.

· An 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker

· A 'Bush's Fault' yard sign

· A 'Blame Republicans first, then anybody and everybody' poster

· A 'Tax the Rich' banner

· An application for unemployment and a free cellphone

· An application for food stamps

· A prayer rug (My personal favorite)

· A letter assigning my debt to my grandchildren

· And lastly, a coupon for a machine that blows smoke up my ass.

Everything was made in "China" and all directions were in Spanish.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. wygator

wygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +632
    Good one.

Actually makes sense though. Can't imagine they can rescue an internet platform so poorly designed. They probably will be better off to start over.
  3. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +501
  4. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +365
    You really shouldn't mess with us like that. Not quite on par with erroneously reporting a HBC firing, but close.
  5. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +285
  6. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +285
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,273
  8. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,487
  9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +415
    Great stuff!
  10. LostReptile

LostReptile New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    will barack's people pay another $600 million + to another connected company for a new website? hopefully, it works this time.
  11. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Repped!

We haven't heard from the resident 0bama sunshine pumpers because they're probably busy changing their underwear. :whoa:
  12. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +97
    What I find amazing is the crap that the Obama administration is putting out is not being called out by the major media outlets.

We are blessed to have on this board several IT professionals (I am one) that have hands on experience with large IT enterprises (communications, infrastructure, hardware, software, project management, maintenance, and development).

The other day I almost laughed my self sick hearing Obama calling for a Tech Surge.

Years ago when a project failed the old style of management would fix the situation by throwing more bodies into the fire, I mean project. In many cases you would have people unintentionally working against each other thus mortally wounding the project.

Just when I though I could not laughed harder, Obama proved me wrong again. He did this by saying the application will be up and running as required by the end of November. If this Tech surge is going to attempt this task then be prepared for a monumental POS of an application.

Here are some points to ponder:
    1, This Application was not written from scratch.
    2, The top layer (page with the attractive lady) is probably original. The subsequent layers are most likely a combination of new and existing applications.
    3, The Federal Gov't has a poor history of standardizing it's IT practices. I am referring to architecture, hardware, software, data, project management. The Federal Gov 't has a long history of failed projects that cost us taxpayers billions of dollars. What is real scary is that some of these projects were fixed with bailing wire and chewing gum and are still in service.
    4, In some cases the Gov't applications are thirty to forty years old and are maintained by a dwindling number of people who have the required skill sets. The new applications have to be adapted to interface with these older systems (harder to do it the other way) and that takes time and money.
    5, The first course of action is not to touch the code until a team of qualified analysts working with the development teams do a proper examination and design the solutions (plural not singular). This task could take months not weeks.
    6, Also there has to be a redo of the requirements phase. From what I am reading the requirements were changing daily. I would not be surprised if there are conflicting requirements. This situation puts the project management, infrastructure, and developer teams in the position of hitting a moving target. Missing the agreed upon deliverables was a guaranteed result. To do this task properly you have to invest months not days.
    7, A new project plan had to be developed. Due to the many entities and the moving parts this task can easily take at the least a month.
    8, Functional specs need to be reviewed updated, and agreed upon, This task can take weeks or months.
    9, Technical specs need to be reviewed updated, and agreed upon, This task can take weeks or months.
    10, Technical designs need to be reviewed updated, and agreed upon, This task can take weeks or months.
    11, Testing specs need to be reviewed updated, and agreed upon, This task can take weeks or months.
    12, A traceability document need to be reviewed updated, and agreed upon, This document Connects each of the user requirements , technical/design requirements, and testing specifications into a tracking document. This task can take weeks or months.
    13, The repairs or continued development cannot start until the above listed steps are completed. This task can take weeks or months.
    14, Testing (unit, system, user acceptance) needs to successfully executed and documented. This task can takes weeks or months.
    15, Deployment planning. (Moving the updated objects into the production environment ) requires extensive planning with many infrastructure and development teams. This task can take weeks or months.
    16, The deployment activities for a project this large will require multiple stages and each stage will require a ready test. It may take a few weeks to complete this deployment.

In my opinion the highest levels of the Obama Admin knew months before Oct 1 that this application was the mother of all turds. Projects of this type require status checkpoints. These checkpoints collect the progress of the project tasks of the project and compare them to the planned complete dates and times in the project plan. The status of these check points are given to the project/team managers and the shareholders. In this case the major shareholder is Obama. This man is lying through his teeth in this I issue and he has failed in maintains his oath that he took as the President of the USA.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,273
    You should have Sebelius' job. You seem way more qualified to do her job than she does.

Repped.