1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Brazil disses 0, Putin laughs, 0 apologizes

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Sep 18, 2013.

1. gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,620
    Yes. As with most things, it depends on the President (and different ones were more engaged than others)...but even then, at least 30-45 minutes of every day is spent going over various intelligence assessments on foreign policy. Part of that is from the daily morning briefing and part of that is other things that pop up throughout the day.

Bush was very involved with the intelligence agencies and was pretty active in reading up on what was going on all over the world and asking pointed questions. Obama was as well in the early years, but one difference was that he tended to prioritize certain regions over others. I heard H.W. Bush and Reagan were very involved with intelligence activities and assessments--Clinton was not; but take that with a grain of salt since I wasn't around when those administrations were in power.
  2. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +958
    Yeah I guess that I am assuming that the NSA, CIA, and FBI have been doing unscrupulous spying since their inceptions, but I agree that he is the man in charge so these things must fall on him. However, I thought that you might be making one of these romantic arguments like, "If Reagan was caught spying, he just would have had to look the rest of the world in the eye, and they would have said, 'Thank you Mr. President!'", indicating that it's Obama's weak will that makes America vulnerable.
  3. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +958
    I absolutely think that every person is born deserving respect, and if this is not the view of the "Rightists", then there is something seriously wrong with that directionist.
  4. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,661
    the complaining never ends, yet we know if it were Romney at the helm right now with this NSA issue, as it were with Bush, conservatives would be telling Brazil to take a hike
  5. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +829
    No wonder nothing ever gets solved in the world.
    I'm a professional, I know I've deserved respect, but people I've never met still walk in and call me by my first name like we're buddies. However, the name thing is very very petty compared to just flat out not showing up for a state dinner.
  6. fairfaxgator

fairfaxgator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    I think this thread should be called: who can type the Fox News talking
  7. fairfaxgator

fairfaxgator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    I think this thread should be called: who can be the person to post the Fox News talking point first.
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,113
    Not many babies are running for office, so you're wrong about your indictment of the Right in this post above. Some on the Left think that even after a chain of purposeful, deceitful, lies that Respect should be expected, and that respect is not a two-way street that requires a modicum of reciprocation.
  9. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    Kind of like "W" huh?
  10. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
    Mass murderers like Obama who sit there dropping drones on innocent women and children don't deserve respect. Now granted he is a puppet, but still.
  11. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,885
    You are wrong on this. Conservatives hate a big/abusive government and the NSA is a prime example of it. I didn't like it when Bush did it either. If I was Brazil I would tell Hussein to ^%$&% off as well. He is a joke. When Putin owns you on the world stage you are weak and the world knows it.
  12. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,617
    All these cons claiming to have hated everything Bush did are full of it.

It was nothing but "rah, rah, go USA" at the time.
  13. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,498
  14. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +958
    See the 0 vs O vs W conversation above.
  15. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +958
    All presidents are mass murderers under this definition, and yet the right holds up Reagan like a God. Don't be fooled to thinking that you're taking the moral choice here by calling Obama by childish names (which you graciously did not in this post, but is seems that you are defending this behavior).

Think about the people that the right thought were the worst presidents before Obama: Carter, Hoover, Johnson maybe?, FDR? Now notice the lack of "Farter", "Poover", "Delan0" jokes on the board. Even Assad and Putin aren't called "Asshat" and "V-lied-amir". Think about why that is. Why is "0", "0bama", "Oblamea", "Zerobama" reserved for this guy among all the other people considered not worthy of respect?
  16. gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,620
    The first ones you mentioned are long since out of office, but were heavily criticized then.

And as for the second two...are you seriously laboring to make a comparison between Obama and Assad/Putin? Really??
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
    You are right. They are all mass murderers- Clinton, Bush Sr, Bush Jr, Obama etc. It's been a long long time since a president has not been a war hawk mass murderer.

The right and the left are both being played and are hypocrites. They worship the same people. The left criticizes the bombings, bailouts, and the Patriot Act under Bush yet votes for Obama who supports all of those things. The right loves war under Bush but suddenly hates war under Obama (the supporters that is, the right and left politicians themselves still love war and always will)

The right and the left have no views. They only blindly support whichever candidate the mainstream media shoves down their throat.

I just call him Obama, but I don't mind if others call him something else. He deserves it.
  18. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,885
    Really? Record number of people on welfare, record number of families in poverty, debt has almost doubled and our "off the books obligation debt" is $70-$81TRILLION now? More our out of the work force now than in the past 80 years as well. So please explain to me how we are not worse off now.
  19. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +958
    I didn't labor to make the comparison at all. I asked us to consider why Obama seems to deserve childish names, when Hoover and Assad get called by their birth names. I still think that it is worth considering why this pattern exists.
  20. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +958
    I certainly can't disagree with almost any claim of partisan bias. It is huge. I'm sure that even you and I have it, even when we are the ones pointing it out. It is probably the most infuriating attribute of the different party's fans.

As for the names, I am in no position to determine whether he deserves to be called "0", but I think that its true that many on the right use more respectful names for people for which they have less respect, so there is an inconsistency somewhere.