Brandone Francis commits to Florida

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by REM08, Jun 27, 2013.

1. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    Look I can not help it that you are wrong on almost any issue that arise here. I am sympathetic that you are constantly shown to be factually wrong and it must be irritating to you.

My advice to you would be to actually check facts that can be checked before you post, but maybe you don't have the time or your computer is too slow or something. In that case you should probably stick to opinions, even if you often fail to base them on the known facts.
  2. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +284
    This from the guy who called Erving Walker slow.
  3. InstiGATOR1

Ratings Received:
    +41
    Again had you looked at the NBA pre-draft data, ie the facts and noticed his times, you would have seen my opinion was backed up by the facts when they became available.

For example:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre...l&source=All&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=1&sort=15

if you look at all the PG in the list who have agility times, you find Erving Walker at 11.56 on a measure with an empirical range of 8.22 to 12.54. Walker was almost the shortest player measured, but no where close to the quickest in the agility test. When guys 4 to 6 inches or more taller than you test out better in agility, you are not quick for your size.
  4. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +377
    I may be incorrect Insti - but it seems to me that although DeClercq & Dyrkobotn were tall, Dametri Hill was around 6'7" for the 1993-94 team that went to the Final Four, but I didn't think he played Center too much.

Of course, for the 1999-2000 team, Haslem was listed as 6'7".

So, Jack was correct at least once, and possibly twice, if you think of Hill as the center. Clearly, both Horford and Richard were taller than 6'7".

It was a long time ago, but I really remember 6'10" DeClercq usually playing center, with 6'9" Dyrkobotn spelling him, while 6'7" Hill primarily played power forward.
  5. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +621
    Its amazing to see where threads end up going. I'm not complaining, its actually one of the reasons I find message boards fascinating. Sometimes its easy to see where something is going to end up. Other times I'd never come close to guessing it.
  6. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    Well this one ended up as a pissing match between pedants.
  7. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +284
  8. InstiGATOR1

Ratings Received:
    +41
    The issue was should UF sign a class of "bigs" who were both 6'7" tall in shoes. Maybe since this thread began Abu measured 6'8" in shoes at Nike Skills academy. TampaJack interjected two players who certainly were taller than 6'7" without shoes suggesting there is no worry here. So at best TampaJack was wrong. At worst he was for some reason trying to muddle the discussion here.

As you point out UF has had good teams despite being undersized at one inside the arc position, but as I pointed out in 2000 UF used Harvey with 3 other players of better size and in 1994 UF used Hill with 2 other players of better size. I have no problem with getting Abu or Black or both if UF can, but I think UF needs a 2014 big who is not undersized. Maybe the still growing Abu is that guy, but it is something to think about. But come 2015-16 Young will be gone. Harris will be gone. C. Walker will likely be gone. My view is UF needs more than one guy taller than 6'8" at that point. As of now Hayes is the only 5 type UF has and he will be a true frosh.
  9. InstiGATOR1

Ratings Received:
    +41
    The stats are the facts we have to deal with. My view is that you neither deal with the facts nor seemingly ever critically view a basketball game. So we can agree to disagree on your latter point. The question is will you actually deal with the fact we have available to us when discussing basketball issue?

Do understand we are talking about relative to size, right? Of course a 5'7.75" PG is quicker than a 6'8" forward, but I assure you I was not the only one to notice that when Walker went up against other small PGs he had problems with quickness. Many people who actually watched UF's game notice it.

BTW, you also do realize that quoting a coach is not a show stopper in discussing sports, don't you? What else is Donovan to say about Walker. Should he have said Walker was one of the tallest players he ever coached? Should he have run down Walker's talent? A coach needs to be both positive and credible about his players. Since Walker's speed measures were not available publically until after his UF career, they were a safe way for Donovan to describe him.
  10. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,831
  11. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +43
    ^^^ I think Grevis Vasquez is a more fitting comparison, due to lack of athleticism and explosion.
  12. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,983
    I don't worry about his athleticism so much in our system because we don't need him trying to finish at the rim. Like Calathes, he seems to have a great feel for finding teammates off the pick and roll, he has good enough size for a guard to shoot over his defender in the lane, and he is showing a ton of confidence with his jumper as the summer goes on.
  13. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,831
    I am not worried he is going to light it up in college he is just getting better and better and more confident since his body filled out. He will play SG for UF but I think he is a PG in the NBA
  14. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,831
    Francis having some fun http://instagram.com/p/cSOT2cCzsc/ all reports say he is killing it in Vegas this weekend

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 33m
    Love watching Brandone Francis. Cocky, talks some trash, plays with a smile. And he's really, really good.

Dave Telep ‏@DaveTelep 38m
    Brandone Francis "it's too easy." One of a kind personality. Posted up, passed, talked Trash and had maybe best gam I've seen him in July

Hoopniks ‏@Hoopniks 43m
    It's Brandone Francis' world right now. The South Texas Spurs have no answer for his scoring, and can't contain him.

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 17m
    Brandone Francis and his swagger was too much to overcome for the South Texas Spurs. Now another look on Bryant McIntosh
  15. twodaparty

twodaparty Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +127
    Stud! Billy D is a legend and keeps adding to his legacy with baller after baller coming in to play Billy Ball!
  16. jareduf

jareduf Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +73
    Awesome! Thanks for posting!