Body Beast

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by TheGator, Nov 12, 2012.

1. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,650
    Has anyone tried it? I got it and in my second week. Holy crap. If you want to see results fast, get it.

It is another 90 day program, from the same makers of P90x, but it is not Tony Horton.

Instead of overall fitness, this program focuses on building muscle fast.

I did P90X and got great results. This program is incredible if you want to bulk up. My muscles haven't felt this sore and tired in a long time.

Beast Up!!!
  2. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +361
  3. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    Doesn't anybody believe in sane workout approaches anymore ? I guess they don't sell very well.
  4. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,650
    All I can say about Beach Body workouts is they are convenient because you can do them at home and without a personal trainer. If you follow the workouts and nutrition plan, they will work.

I am in the best shape of my life at 40. Never been a gym rat, but getting a great workout at home that is better than going to the gym is amazing.
  5. ClowntownGator

ClowntownGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4
    I am in my last week of Body Beast right now!

In January I was 235lbs, and I did Power 90, followed by P90X and then a couple weeks of Insanity. I lost 60lbs, and now have put on about 10lbs of lean muscle with Body Beast. I've followed the nutrition plans very closely, and combined with Shakeology, have gotten great results.

The Beast trainer was down in Orlando two weeks ago for a Beachbody training I was at (I'm a Coach) and I got to spend some time with him, even got to have lunch with him and just four other people. Was very cool and the guy is an amazing person.

I'll post my Before and "During" at the end of the post. If anyone else is looking at Beachbody stuff, feel free to PM me. Would love to help! The products work phenomenally, as my picture will show.

Attached Files:

6. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +361
    Any program can work if you follow it well enough. That is why there are so many different opinions in the fitness industry. Doesn't mean they are the most optimal or the best value.

The beach body products are definitely convenient in that you can do that at home but I know more people that dont make it through the 90 day programs than those that complete it. I definitely dont think it is any more effective than other programs and its probably more expensive. I just picked up two programs from Jason Ferrugia for $10.

All that said if it works for you then keep it up, all that really matters in the end is finding what is best for yourself.
  7. ClowntownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4
    Very true about finding what works best for you. With coaching, I unfortunately deal with a lot of people of drop off after some time. It's unfortunate when someone is so pumped to start but can't stick with it.

One thing I do, and that Beachbody pushes, are Challenge Groups. Every month I add new people to my Challenge Group and they start programs together, feeding off each other for support to keep going. The success rate in this setting is very high, but again, the person has to have that desire to really change.
  8. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    The challenge concept is a mixed-bag. It does have a high success rate. It also has a high recidivism rate. Of course Beast Body is the new kid on the block. And I wish you guys success. But almost every week I meet people who "used to do P90X."
  9. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,650
    Awesome. Love the pictures. I have pretty similar results. I was in decent shape before P90X. I did P90X twice. Now in my second week of Body Beast. I am absolutely ripped in my chest, arms and shoulders. I can now see veins that I didn't know existed.

My only complaint is I do not have the perfect six pack, because I have slacked off doing cardio when I hurt my foot. With football season, I could never get it right, and I tried to limit my activity to Friday Nights. Now with the season over, I am trying to avoid any cardio or leg workouts until it is healed. It is almost healed and can't wait to starting working out my legs and doing cardio. :yes:
  10. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,650
    I do believe P90X is much harder to follow because it is about 60-90mins 6 days a week. It is pretty brutal to keep up that pace. I think that is why so many people drop out.

With Body Beast, most of the workouts are about 30-50mins. Much easier to do and to follow.
  11. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    Why don't you guys post your workouts, or at least a sample workout ? Is it a bodypart split ? How many days a week ?
  12. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,650
  13. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,650
  14. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    Thanks! I'll check it out.
  15. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +361
    Read the reviews and it seems like your typical bodybuilding type 12-week trainer altered a little bit to be done at home. There are plenty of programs like this that you could find for free online. Check here.

They all do exercises, nutrition and supplementation. The only difference is that they are focused on gym goers as opposed to home workouts.
  16. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    If you just want to look good, be muscular, etc., I don't understand why it's necessary to take a novel approach, ex: jumping from slow-tempo pull-ups to some sort of plyometric movement. For starters, the everything AND the kitchen sink is not the best approach for hypertrophy. It actually works against it by establishing competing goals.

Please understand that I'm not attacking users of this product. It's just that the results the product promises can be had with a MUCH simpler approach. And I would say the same about P90X.
  17. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,650

I hear ya. Everyone is different and has different motivations. To me, I really hate going to the gym. It is not like I hate working out. I actually love it. The problem for me is getting in the car, going to the gym. Waiting for someone to get out of the way near the free weights. Waiting for someone to get done with a machine. Also, wiping off someone's sweat off of the bench. I don't think I am a "germaphobe", but it gross to pick up a dumbbell with someone else sweat on it. Then driving home.

The only benefit going to the gym is seeing hot women. :laugh:

I gave up on going to the gym and started doing push ups, pull ups and situps at home. I hit a plateau and couldn't get passed it. I created a home gym at my house with just about anything I need. I just need a program.

For me, what the Beach Body workouts offer, is a specific routine that I can follow from the luxury of my home. I don't have the time to research and figure out a good routine for myself. I don't want to spend the money for a personal trainer to come to my house.

The next best thing is the Beach Body workouts. I do find them motivating and challenging. Some people complain about watching the videos over and over. While I can almost memorize what Horton will say next, I still enjoy following the routine and workout.

What I found lacking in P90X, is I wanted to build bulk. After I followed P90X twice, I created my own hybrid version to try to build bulk. Then I decided to try Body Beast. The video is addicting to me. I can't wait to do the workout the next day.

Honestly, I doubt I would work out as much and with the same intensity without the videos. They are entertaining and fun. When I watch other workout videos, I get bored and find them hard to follow.

Yes it is sickening what the Beach Body company is making off of guys like me. Honestly, I believe they are the best on the market. If you want to get in shape, the Insanity videos are great. If you want to get ripped with lean muscle and be all around fit, the P90X videos do it. Now the Body Beast videos are made to build muscle and bulk. Something for everyone.

Once I complete Body Beast, I might do it again, and/or build a hybrid of the best of the videos. The best thing is with a library, you can plug in any workout that you want to try that day.

I do see an window of opportunity for another company to create the same type of videos and make millions. I often think of it myself. You can only watch Tony Horton so many times, before you want something fresh. Even the same routines by someone else would be great, as long as it is entertaining and fun to watch.
  18. ClowntownGator

Ratings Received:
    +4
    Great post, TheGator. You summed up exactly how I feel about the gym vs working out at home, as well had having the guess work taken out of building a routine.
  19. Dreamliner

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    I do quite understand the need for direction. My position is that nothing is more fun than getting results. :wink:

And since you guys are game to engage me (I appreciate that), what if I told you you could get the same results, in half the time (or less) doing half the exercises (or less) ? Would you still prefer the 'flow' and the 'pace' of Body Beast ?

If so, I have no argument with you and more power to you!
  20. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,650
    I would listen and try, buy there is something about the videos that makes it addicting. If I am stuck by myself following a sheet of paper, would I work as hard?? Doubt it.

If I was you, get the cheapest version of Body Beast. Make one of the three payments. Follow the program for just one or two weeks. You can return it within 30 days and get your money back.

If you like it, you can keep it. :)

I would bet money you will feel differently about the vids. You may also pick up some new exercises for your own workout, even if you return it. ;)