Black people have lost ground under prezBO

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Oct 14, 2013.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,774
    SEAN HANNITY, HOST: My last question to you. You often do these seminars with the state of black America. I've watched them on C-Span and different channels, right?

TAVIS SMILEY: Right.

HANNITY: Are black Americans better off five years into the Obama presidency?

SMILEY: Let me answer your question very forthrightly. No, they are not. The data is going to indicate sadly that when the Obama administration is over, black people will have lost ground in every single leading economic indicator category. On that regard, the president ought to be held responsible.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...st-ground-every-single-economic#ixzz2himB2J00
  2. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Keep those freebies coming and keep playing the victim card and black folks will still think he's the greatest black POTUS since Clinton. They are being scammed.
  3. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +842
    Haven't all ethnic group's economic indicators fallen lately?
  4. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +362
    The answer would be the same regardless of the ethnic group-except Mexican invaders who are not deported.
  5. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    CC, you are correct. Under Obama, all ethnic groups have taken a hit. Blacks though, have taken the largest hit. However, factor in the freebies that aren't counted as income and I'm not so sure.
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,457
    It's pretty sad and I've seen this coming for years. Take Obamacare, IF businesses can elude coverage costs by cutting employees to 29 hours what will that do to many, perhaps millions, of AfAms who hold a full time job at the moment?

Look at his debt:

He spent how many hundreds of billions on job creation(green energy) that failed almost completely?

How about his stimulus, what did that create?

Because of his excessive spending we will soon be less able to free up money(without creating more debt) to develop programs that actually help improve the lives of low income Americans. Soon we won't be able to make investments. It's sad that he pee'd it away to shore up the economy in order to save his Presidency from having a well deserved meltdown and, hopefully, subsequent restructuring.

TARP? Nothing but a multi hundreds of billion dollar giveaway because our financial institutions, primarily Goldman Sachs, committed some kind of fraud that, apparently, they bare no responsibility for.

My guess is blacks will be screaming even louder for government help next election cycle once they realize how poorly they fared during Obama.
  7. Swamper

Swamper New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    99.99% would still vote for barack if he ran again.
  8. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,373
    everybody outside of healthcare, higher education, and gubmnt has lost money since the community organizer and his minions reid and pelosi were chosen
  9. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    A rising tide floats all boats. A slack tide leaves many boats on the beach. More minority boats on the beach as the tide rises very slowly with President Dumbasses policies.
  10. g8trdoc

g8trdoc Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +237
    I don't think anyone in their right mind could possibly respect the mainstreams version of black leadership in this country.
  11. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,457
    Maybe they should have voted for Obama. Isn't that how it works, support him and you get lucrative Green Energy loans?
  12. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,361
    Cause and effect of a massive recession that affects the bottom up most

Always has, always will

Correlation is irrelevant
  13. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,361
    Travis would know the above mentioned, but if you followed him at all, you would know he has an agenda to help the plight of black people

And while that if fine for an individual, the president doesn't have the liberty of trying to specifically uplift the black community

In essence, he is being blamed for less Gov intervention, which I doubt you guys are for
  14. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,029
    Tavis Smiley is a racist!
  15. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,774
    I thought only white people could be a racist
  16. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,457
    You're echoing what would be the talking points of liberal media if a Republican were President atm. There would likely be a thread about this if Romney had been elected. If there were, and you participated, you would say the same thing- that it's not Romney's fault.

You've probably already considered that Obamacare thing stands to set blacks back as well if employers reduce hours. I cannot see how a currently uninsured person making less money could possibly afford it or be penalized for not. I imagine Smiley's nervous about it. Maybe eventually the uninsured just enjoy free healthcare from a system bankrupt from day one? I don't know, I'm just wondering what direction we are really taking. The Democrats cannot possibly believe we have a system ready( or even close), that will insure the uninsured, charge a reasonable(no REASONABLE) price for coverage, have enough paying participants to stay solvent.

Under Obamacare, the way it is written, there is almost no away businesses can do anything but cut employees permanently or reduce their hours. My fear is that a lot of those people will be black Americans. That cannot be the result Obama wanted(unless he's evil) but it's a real possibility.

The only thing I would ask of you is that to consider Obamacare may be destructive economically and decide at what point you would be willing to concede that. If we get down the road and if it's negative for the economy and insolvent will you stop making excuses and see it for what it is? It's not that difficult. I concede invading Iraq was a terrible mistake. I've heard/read nonpartisans saying it won't likely insure the uninsured, ever. It really should piss you off that Obamacare appears to be so poorly planned overall.
  17. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,361
    i don't care about hypothetical's and neither should you

its a weak argument regardless of how right you may be

this isn't a black issue but a poor issue, in which blacks have a high percentage
  18. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,457
    I'm sure you understood I was framing it as a partisan issue. If a Pub were President you wouldn't likely defend him as you did Obama, you would blame. Moreover, this is quite significant and we won't hear it on the liberal media outlets, nor will the standard NCAA flag wavers make an issue out of it.

Besides, there's nothing to argue. Obama has done a poor job creating jobs. That's the issue. You can't have it both ways. If this were a Republican in office for six years it would be big news. Everything he's done has or will make it more expensive, if not impossible, for blacks to maintain what standard of living they have now. What do you think's going to happen to the value of everyone's money when it's time to pay up?