Black CNN host doesn't think O'Reilly went far enough

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Jul 28, 2013.

1. akaijenkins1

akaijenkins1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +49
    It's not strange at all: those initial waves of Cubans were some of the most educated people on the island, highly skilled and all sent to the same general area in masse, with government assistance and free to associate as they saw fit in the one place in continental US where their mother tongue could be used freely as an asset while assimilating into the major culture on their terms.

Very different situation and one that, I must say having been born and raised in Miami, they absolutely knocked out of the park.

Again, very different situation, they were free to do as they pleased and placed in large numbers in an area where their mother tongue was an asset. They also came bearing significant skills and education and, after a period of hard work and adjustment, yes, put those skills to use.

But... very different situation.
  2. akaijenkins1

akaijenkins1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +49
    Before jumping all over this thread though, for the record I agree with O'Reilly in principle on this one (and even literally with the majority of his points in the full talk, not the easy to digest sound bites that have been going around).

Cold day in hell but the man was on point with this one, have to give him credit. Some of the other things in this thread though need to be addressed...
  3. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    There are about he same numbers but there are many more Americans. As a percentage of Americans, poverty has measurably declined.
  4. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Not the case. Recent statistics have the % of Americans below the poverty line higher than when the war on poverty began. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39211644/ns/us_news-life/t/record-number-americans-living-poverty/

From article..."Beginning next year, the government plans to publish new, supplemental poverty figures that are expected to show even higher numbers of people in poverty than previously known."
  5. g8tr80

g8tr80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +681
    I like #1. I honestly cannot say I have hire everyone that wears a belt, but I can say with 100% certainty I have not hired a single person who wears his pants around his lower ass. Anyone who likes to emulate people who get arrested need not apply.