Bill O'Reilly on President Obama and Race. Does Anyone Disagree?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatordpm, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +761
    River, why should an unmarried black woman who receives rent subsidies, foods stamps, AFDC (all determined by family size) AND free health insurance........get job and lose it all? In many (if not most) circumstances as did their mother and grandmother.

Why?

As O'Reilly pointed out it all starts with the family and our welfare system promotes not marring the father of your children.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,002
    Actually, he is a liberal. Just not enough of a "team player" for guys like you, I guess.
  3. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,471
    does that apply to white women as well?
  4. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +615
    In many places the word father has been replaced by baby daddy and there is a reason and it it promoted by the government. If one of the parents makes less money they claim the kids and recieve the government benefits - I know someone who actually does this. They get food stamps, free phone and welfare money while his wife makes up to $60k a year. They get married and the welfare party is over.
  5. metalcoater

metalcoater Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    There should be a requirement to know who the father is and have a child support order against him before you get any assistance.
  6. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Without a doubt. My wife and I were in a similar situation. We were not married at the time of our first child being born. She was in school and basically made no money. I had already finished grad school and made good money. She could have claimed him and gotten free daycare, free baby supplies, food stamps, welfare, etc. Probably 20-30k all in per year. Of course we married and that 20-30k came out of my pocket. Multiply that with more children. It's ridiculous.
  7. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,011
    It applies to any impoverished person who continues to have children outside of wedlock regardless of whether she has any ability to raise or take care of them.

And to answer your previous question, yes, I've talked to many of them about it. Some of them will readily admit it's about money, and some of them won't. It's surprising how candid highschool and middleschool students can be about their upbringing. Obviously it's different for each and every one of them[single mothers with multiple children], however, it seems pretty logical to assume that a certain portion of women having multiple children out of wedlock do so because they know they're going to be taken care of financially anyway. I couldn't say whether it's a majority of them, and I don't really think it is, but I think it's a larger portion than many others think.
  8. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,011
    If you did this you would have a very large portion of the Left claiming institutional racism.
  9. metalcoater

metalcoater Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
  10. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    At minimum it's safe to say that they know they can have as many kids as they want and be financially taken care of. I'm sure some do it specifically for the money, but I'm not willing to give a blanket statement. For working married folks, money is a deterrent. At some point a family simply cannot afford any more kids. Government sponsored babies and their single moms have no such deterrent. This results in precisely the wrong demographic in terms of societal and economic impact having "extra" babies.
  11. Rawpimple

Rawpimple Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +48
    I thought that talking points was right on target. While this is a major problem in the African American community, it is also a white problem, and really a universal problem for that matter.

Growing up without a parent or in some cases without any parental guidance, is a recipe for disaster and social chaos. Who then becomes the role model? Hollywood, rappers, reality TV, the local drug dealer. These kids growing up without love and discipline are at high risk for becoming unproductive members of society and perpetuating the cycle of having children they cannot emotionally and financially care for or becoming derelict parents themselves. The problem exponentially worsens. This is the core of the issue that needs to be addressed. I also agree with Bill that if leaders like Obama invite these Hollywood types that promote drug use, violence, treating people with disrespect to the White House, that contributes to the problem.

You won't hear this stuff in the mainstream media. As Bill has said before, it is bad for business. It's like having a rabid Gator fan watch an FSU Pep rally dissing the Gators. What is going to happen? They will turn it off and find the channel portraying the Gators in a positive light.

It really is sad because it shouldn't be about politics and people's vote but bettering the lives of our fellow human beings. I get the impression that the leaders of the far left care more about votes, being a victim, and blaming others, then truly caring about improving the lives of these groups. If so, they would address the real issues as pointed out in the talking points. It is always easier though to blame others than to look in the mirror yourself.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,011
    Agree'd. It's just human nature to fall back onto safety nets when you know they're there. It has nothing to do with the color of their skin, but everything to do with the dynamics/intricacies of their community and culture.
  13. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,011
    It's a growing problem across the world. No doubt it's not unique to blacks, however, I think their community has fast-tracked it and shown us all a glimpse of what's going to happen in all of the communities if the decline of the family continues at the rate that it's going.
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    Jersey or Austin? ;)
  15. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    what he said applies to all races
  16. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +896
    It doesn't really matter why they do it, just that they do and it keeps costing innocent people money, right? Having babies that other people must pay for is not liberty.
  17. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,040
    again, it needs to be asked, is this a "black" problem or a "poverty" problem

all ills folks point out at the black community are symptomatic of poverty first and foremost...whites/hispanics/blacks have similar statistics when in poverty

lack of education, parenting, mentoring, opportunity, environmental factors

we all know the historical reasons black folks as a whole, have a higher percentage in poverty...one of the biggest is a lack of inherited generational wealth...black folks got a very very late start due to the obvious

its like starting a race miles ahead of someone and wondering why they haven't caught up yet

please show causation and not just correlation that it is a black issue

the real question is, what are the most effective and realistic ways to raise people out of poverty?
  18. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    I have. And yes, it is a career goal.

There is no solution. You can't cut funding this behavior because the kids will be punished.
  19. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,002

Clearly a poverty problem.
  20. ga8orman1

ga8orman1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    No. Poverty is the result. The problem is lack of education and out of wedlock children. The data is very solid on this. The way the system is designed there is actually a disincentive to marry if you are on the public dime. This just adds to the cycle that ends with poverty as the result.

Follow this link and scroll through the graphs. It is very telling as to what the problem is.

http://www.heritage.org/research/re...mericas-greatest-weapon-against-child-poverty

Reducing the Anti-Marriage Penalties in Welfare
    Another important public policy to strengthen marriage would be to reduce the penalties against marriage in the welfare system. Welfare programs create disincentives to marriage because benefits are reduced as a family’s income rises. A mother will receive far more from welfare if she is single than if she has an employed husband in the home. For many low-income couples, marriage means a reduction in government assistance and an overall decline in the couple’s joint income.

Marriage penalties occur in many means-tested programs such as food stamps, public housing, Medicaid, day care, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. The welfare system should be overhauled to reduce such counterproductive incentives.