Bill king on SiriusXM this morning.

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by traubgator, Nov 18, 2013.

1. traubgator

traubgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    Let me start by saying I’m in the ATL, and gave up on local radio in the morning years ago. ESPN, doesn’t do it for me, because I want college football talk.
    I found bill king, and really enjoy his morning show on xm. Very knowledgeable about the SEC and has been doing it for 25 years.

He went on a tirade today about coach. I respect his opinion and have been open on this forum about a change being necessary.

Snippets from todays show in hour 1.

“They are going to give him another year. Whether or not that is the right call, we will find out next year. They better look very good. “

About Muschamps post game:
    “Will, you need to win some ball games and shut your mouth. You telling people how they need to react to you not doing well enough is getting stale. We don’t need to be preached about how to react to your sorry presentation we are getting here. You need to win some football games, you have one of the elite jobs on this planet, look in the mirror my friend, you have a you problem. Its not the fans or the media , its you! Do something about it or they will get someone else in there that is not such a hot head. That’s the problem there. Why not find an offiensive play maker in all the time you are preaching about your failures. That’s where we are at. Its getting really old, and its not fixing anything. That offense is embarrassing and is bad, and its the end of year 3, No more excuses on what you walked into, its on your plate now. Its the florida job, we know people can win big there. Maybe you are not the guy will. Maybe you are not the guy will. You laid an egg like you laid this year and you want to tell everyone how to act about it. No. no. That’s not happening. Not happening.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jareduf

jareduf Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    I am a fan as well and agree with his statements. He is a pro-fan host and will defend passionate fans when comments are made such as the ones Muschamp made post game.

Truth hurts and unfortunately Gator fans will have to deal with another year of this. Will still root hard for the Gators, but fearing another year could set us back further. Hope I'm wrong.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    I heard the show this morning, and King did not end there. He called Muschamp "arrogant", and flatly said he does not like Muschamp or his antics. King is usually pretty coach-friendly, and always speaks highly of Florida as a program, so I was surprised by his rant.
  4. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,728
    Here's what I don't understand:

When did the Florida football job turn into a pity party for someone making millions of dollars per year?

And why all this love for a former bulldog who clearly can't coach all phases of a college football team?
    • Like Like x 2
  5. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    I think a lot of fans feel the same way.
  6. GeomatGator

GeomatGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +16

Slow clap.
  7. ACCecil

ACCecil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
    Stunning stat:

UF has 8 TD passes and 9 INT's this year.

That is staggering.

The vulchures are circling for sure. WM's post game press conference comments about the fans getting a grip was said in defense of the "kids" playing so hard and he is right they did play hard against South Carolina but his comments miss the point of the season completely. King's comments are right on the mark. Stop worrying about what the fans say or think and fix the program! Look in the mirror! Come on, man!

Bobby Bowden got mad and stubborn at the end as well. He was wrong. A few years later, with a coach who plays to win, and FSU is using greta talent the right way and contending for a NC. It still amazes me the number of FSU fans who thought FSU would suck without Bowden. No, not even close. Bobby Bowden was a great coach during his heyday, I like to say back when John Tavolta was cool, the 70's, parts of the 80's, you get the point, but then Bobby Bowden let the crowd pass him by and he never caught up again.

Muschamp is a great coach. He can lead UF to greatness but only if he adapts to the times. If he is going to dig in his heels and get stubborn his backside is cooked and it is only a matter of time. I hope he figures it out next year so that FSU can get out of town alive. Just give me that win and I won't ask for anything for a long time.
  8. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,016
    I'm too distracted by the 'AIM'-icon located under your username. I immediately had a flash-back to my early highschool days revolving around using AOL Instant Messenger religiously.
  9. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Dude, don't fool yourself. SWAC caught lightning in a bottle with Shame-us Jameis. Jeffbo just isn't a great or even good coach. He invariably found a way to lose a cupcake game in a cupcake conference prior to Winston.
  10. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    He is right. IMO WM wants to deflect attention away from his bad coaching and be seen as a great defender of his players. You know taking a bullet for them. It has fooled some on here but not all. Many people defended zook and would have loved to have kept him but those of us who knew, remain adamant he had to go and guess what we were right.

Lots of WM defenders and what you will wake up to next year is a winning season without a trophy. The best imo WM can do is an 8 or 9 win season mixed in with some seven wins. I know u supporters will say, hey he won 11, imo luck was on his side. Zook had one good year at illini too and a lot of good that did for the illini.

I have no angst against wm, i would have loved for it to work out, but after 3 yrs, ain't happening. He is best suited for a dc position or coaching at the illini.
  11. Distant Gator

Distant Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +400
    I've been critical of WM but I will say this. If he would humble himself, change his ways, hire a great OC, hire a great ST coach, pledge he will be Tom Landry-like on the field, this would be a great program. Like a BCS title winning program.

I have that much faith in the man. But no- if he's saying all we need is more of the same old, same old, 1950s football. Do it his way or highway, keeping players in the doghouse, chewing everyone out, then forget it- we should make the change tomorrow.

He's too arrogant to see the problem, and so then he will never change.
  12. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    I dont get it either.
  13. traubgator

traubgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    It can all be heard on his website, u have to sign up though.
  14. TheRaid

TheRaid VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +586
    "Vulchers" ????
    I thought you went to FSU where they practice spelling every time they sing the fight song:

Aint it swell, that I can spell
    Cause I went to flarwda stayt.
    We got xbox, and playstation,
    We are gettin a, edgicaytion

We got shoes, and meth and booze
    And we finally found a mate
    Out of jail for, occupation
    Swinging high in, big top nation

We be proud, so sing it loud
    And we spell it to display
    what we are all about:

F-L-A-R-Dubwa-D-A, S-T-A-Y-T

Flarwda stayt, flarwda stayt, flarwda stayt! Woooooo.

[Just messing with you ACCecil]
  15. UFFL

UFFL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    I mean statistically, we are one of the worst AQ teams in the nation this year. Of course he's got to figure it out.
  16. TheGator

TheGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,662
    Sounds like he is on the money.
  17. traubgator

traubgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
  18. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    There is no doubt they are getting some seriously good coaching.
  19. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +898
    I have no idea why but I thought of AOL/AIM last night, and was kind of wondering if people still use that these days of if that just faded away?
  20. traubgator

traubgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    i think i added it years ago, never removed it.

i use gmail/gchat and can link in aim folks. yes, people still use it surprisingly! i'm stunned. but to its credit, aim used to be the shi-zat!

duke 42
    florida 19