1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Big man on campus trivia

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by InstiGATOR1, Jul 31, 2013.

1. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
  2. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +694
    Love that guy. He did a good job too. That's a position a lot of athletes end up looking forced and awkward in, but he was relaxed and showed real personality.

I know geography probably isn't overly stressed in education, but what about that kid thinking New Jersey was the smallest state?
  3. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    Nice, haha.
  4. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +423
    Regarding New Jersey - all of those North Eastern States are small - he eventually tossed out Rhode Island, but I would guess that he may never have been outside of the South, so knowing the smallest among the veritable myriad of Northeastern states isn't an automatic understanding. He probably heard it in a high school General Science class but forgot which one. You don't learn about that in places like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Psychology, English or Literature, etc.. Only in a Geography or possibly a history course, depending on the instructor.

And yes, Patric Young did a very good job at that.
  5. BLING

BLING Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    I've only seen a few of these videos by Patrick Young, but he's really good at this for a student journalist - not just for "student athlete" - but any student. That dude has got a career in TV reporting haha.

He's got to be way up their for being the best "ambassadors" for sports programs that we've had on campus.
  6. BLING

BLING Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    I want to know how someone can remember the address in Finding Nemo. :ninja:

The kid that guessed New Jersey obviously didn't come off as a dummy, he was just randomly guessing NE states at that point because he wasn't really sure which was the smallest.

I'm sure if someone stopped me for some "on-camera" random trivia I'd have lots of stupid/incorrect answers to provide.
  7. REM08

REM08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +694
    I wasn't trying to suggest the NJ student is dumb or anything. Geography is one of those subjects that can make even the most inteligent, well educated seem ignorant. I just find it funny to see where people's minds go when asked a question like that. I agree he was thinking "one of those northeastern states" or something like that. I just figured he would have picked one of the ones northeast of NY.
  8. GatorSieg

GatorSieg Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I was more impressed he knew Alaska was the biggest state.

Also calling Will "Frenchie" lol.
  9. GothamGator

GothamGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +698
    That's because they repeat it like 500 times in the movie.
  10. MJGator8104

MJGator8104 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +131
    While true, you still had to have watched it pretty recently to be able to remember it...

Also, thought it was funny how Patric was trying to help the pretty blonde girl with the olympic ring colors by lip syncing the word black until she finally got it...
  11. deebo65

deebo65 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,265
    That was pretty cool. He's wekll spoken and good on his feet to keep the dialogue going. I bet he's pretty funny to hang out with
    • Like Like x 2
  12. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +442
    Pat obviously has a little work to do (I think he said "OK" about a thousand times), but he's got a natural charisma and sense of humor that are hard to teach, and his instincts are really good (I got a kick out of him creepily leaning in closer and closer to the kid struggling with the NBA teams). He definitely has a future in TV if he wants one.