Best pass if the day for TM yesterday

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorLaw25, Sep 22, 2013.

1. GatorLaw25

GatorLaw25 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +669
    OK, maybe not THE Best, but right up there...

The one play where he just threw the ball away when there was nothing open!

How many points has JD cost us by thinking he could make a play with every throw and then throwing a pick when there was nothing open??
    Red zone against Miami, pick 6 UT and I'm sure many others that I'm suppressing.

I hardly ever recall JD just throwing the ball away when he should have... ever!

I really don't mean this as a dig at JD but as an area of the game where I am sure we will be better. I need not mention all of the other intangibles that have been discussed at length that go hand in hand with this issue...
  2. EbSaxman

EbSaxman Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +217
    Driskel threw 5 interceptions last year. He had zero in 9 of the games in which he played last year. I'm glad Murphy played well, and I hope he can have a good season, but please stop pretending that Driskel is a turnover machine.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gatoraid44

Gatoraid44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I think it was the throw to Patton that he was coming back too on a busted play. Murphy threw a rope across the field 30 yrds right into Patton's chest and it was dropped.

That was the throw that made me a believer and made me say he might just have what it takes. :happy:
  4. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    What about a sack machine?
  5. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Yes and just his general ability to keep the play alive. He knows how to get outside the pocket yet straddle the line of scrimmage so he can still scan down field for receivers coming open like that.

His throw over the middle to Dunbar for about 20 yards was very impressive as he threw it exactly when Dunbar cleared the linebacker and was coming into open space in front of the safety.
  6. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +973
    Take away last year and he is a turnover machine. What happened to him to take 5 steps backwards from Toledo to the Miami game?
  7. GatorLaw25

GatorLaw25 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +669
    I am not pretending. He was/is a turnover machine! Last year he did not turn the ball over more than likely because he was limited in his decision-making ability. Whenever he gets free reign he gets the old deer in headlights look and throws the pick or takes the sack and fumbles the ball. Pease himself said last week that he was going to limit what he was going to allow JD to do. That shouldn't have to happen for a Junior, second year starter, period. Again, I am not pretending he's a turnover machine, he is a turnover machine unless the training wheels go back on. Love his heart and do feel bad for him but it is what it is...