Ben Knox decommitted

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Sep 10, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    so gatordad you would ahve kept Knox just because?
  2. prisch1

prisch1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    We're never going to get the entire story here so who knows exactly how it went down. But as reported I don't like it.

Why not call the kid and break up with him instead of just ignoring him. Sure we all did the same thing to girls in high school and college looking back I think most of us realize it would have been much more mature and better to just talk to them and say it's over. I would expect our coaches to behave the same way.

And maybe they did--our coaches aren't/can't even talk about it.
  3. GatorDad

GatorDad New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I don't know, maybe because I trust our coaches that thought he was good enough to offer a precious scholarship to. I'm told they do all their homework for an extended period of time before they offer, so he must be good, right? Now he's not so good? But I'll trust them again when they offer a 1 or 2 star OL, because the coaches know best.
  4. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    It is a little more complicated than that. Evaluation doesn't end once you get a player to commit.
  5. Speedofsand

Speedofsand New Member

Ratings Received:
    +320
    Knox said he hasn't heard from UF in over a month. He said he called a couple times and they never called back.
    I agree they should have at least communicated with him, via call, text, letter...
  6. GatorDad

GatorDad New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    One in the hand beats two in the bush. That's how you end up with the 1 star OL fill in on signing day.
  7. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    I dont think Young was a 1 star but that is what you are mad about? You dont let a kid go the week of signing day that is worse than what we are doing here
  8. trustamerica

trustamerica Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    No Surprise a committed r recruiting player knows when they have been past. My son was one Zook called and said SOS moved him to the walk on list. You may want to look around for options. He committed to UW (B White was a coach) 2 weeks later SOS called and tried to flip.
    He played for SOS at the Redskins!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +199
    Look, I know that OL is not our best area of recruitment, we have been weak there but strong elsewhere. I would rather be better at skill positions and defense like we are currently. Michigan , ND, texas A M and others have been lights out on the OL while we grab a few good ones. But there are very very few 4 and 5 star guys on the line compared to tons at the skill sets, so the quantity is much lower. Plus this is absolutely the toughest position to evaluate at the High school level bar none.

Florida is now going for the wooly mammoths as a change in philosophy from the past. I will not profess to know more than the coaches and make unfounded random recommendations on here unlike so many on here whose only credentials are staying at a Holiday Inn Express last night......