Belmont giving UK all it can handle on ESPNU

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by chompalot, Dec 21, 2013.

1. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +193
    Belmont will a team no one wants to face in the first2 rounds. Remember they beat N. Carolina a few weeks ago.
  2. ufdocco

ufdocco Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +297
    I think it's just as likely that Belmont loses in their conference tourney and winds up in the NIT.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. BEH

BEH Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    Andrew is averaging 10.6 points a game, 2.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists while averaging 29 minutes.

I don't consider that lackluster, especially as a freshman in a new system.

Scotty, a senior, is averaging 12.3 points a game, 3.5 rebounds and 4.8 assists while averaging 35 minutes.
    K. Hill, another freshman, is averaging 8.4 points a game, 1.6 rebounds and 3.4 assists while averaging 23 minutes.
  4. Gator8239

Gator8239 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +62
    Scotty and Hill are not good enough to beat MJ in his prime one on one. Andrew is. [Note the Sarcasm]
  5. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,680
    Well, I wasn't comparing him to either Wilbekin or Hill, was I? And if I were, it might be worth adding that one of them has only played six games due to suspension and the other only seven because of a high ankle sprain, while neither had a full complement of players around them, as Harrison has.

The bigger question is how Harrison compares with comparable Calipari guards in the past. I would say he is behind Teague at this point, by far the worst of Cal's point guards in the last ten years or so (not including last year, of course), and Harrison is talented as any of those guys with the exception of Rose, maybe Wall.

And how effective has Harrison been? 3.5 assists to 2.4 turnovers is hardly a good rate. Both Wilbekin and Hill are significantly ahead of him there. He is also shooting less than 40% from the field, which is terrible for a system like Cal's that creates space for his one to score. But the advanced stats are even more telling. His PER is 12.5 (!).

Of course, you overlook the entire gist of the post: running the offense through Randle has hurt Harrison, who would be at his best with a clear lane where he can score and create.
  6. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    It's much easier to throw a shot at our players, then engage in a discussion about an interesting topic.
  7. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +360
    This thread is hilarious.

Good points rserina.

All of the players mentioned are very good at what they do and attempting to compare statistics may be interesting, but rarely tells the story. For example, how does a player influence the players around them, as Wilbekin does.
  8. ufdocco

ufdocco Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +297
    Belmont has now lost four in a row, but is still the best team in a very weak OVC. They might finish their regular season with 17-18 wins (7-6 now), but they'll have to win the conference tournament to get in. The OVC has produced spoilers in the NCAA tournament before (Murray State, Morehead State) but I don't see this being one of those seasons.
  9. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    he looks like an idiot. i think the majority of america would agree. im glad it floats his boat. also this is a gator message board, if i want to make fun of WCS because he looks foolish; I will do so. if you choose to be offended, you should probably toughen up a tad bit. its not you're fault he looks like a fool, just you're fault for defending it. yikesss
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  10. jaxgator1991

Ratings Received:
    +510
    dailydouble... coming from a guy who supports the fan base that chanted "break a leg" to kevin ware during the louisville game. you have so much room to talk. foolish to say the least
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. dailydoublecat

dailydoublecat <font color=blue>Respected Rival</font>

Ratings Received:
    +600
    Fine you think WCS looks foolish that's your call.... I don't really look at kids and decide who looks good and who doesn't. He can rebound, block shots, and is a team player and I'm glad he is a Wildcat. On Kevin Ware he made some not so nice comments about Kentucky so some fans let him have it. Please don't clump me in with the idiot fans of my team's fanbase.

You will not hear me ever taunt or bash college players as they are KIDS playing a game I personally love....perhaps that is also foolish with your logic as well.

Jeff
  12. jaxgator1991

Ratings Received:
    +510
  13. jaxgator1991

Ratings Received:
    +510
    i don't know what i did wrong but my response in there, just make the click the window, jeff
  14. ufdocco

ufdocco Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +297
    Belmont: #5 Seed in the NIT