Being #12 is good news

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by SavageGator, Sep 3, 2013.

1. phillyblount

phillyblount Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +235
    The longer we are under the radar , the better. Fits the mentality of Muschamp's gators.
  2. GATORnGA31909

GATORnGA31909 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +71
    The problem some of you have when you feel we get disrespected by the rankings weve received or mad about the results following this weeks unfolding of evets with other teams losses are simple...You are looking for bragging rights to amp yourselves up at work to tell tell your buddies just how good the Gators are and so on..The Gators didnt get disrespected, you did and your showing it..Muschamp could care less about the rankings right now and he has said so..he dont need bragging rights or feel good points to talk about with his buddies..he gets his satisfaction out of beating the opposing teams..period..nothing more or less.

I love how some like to take ownership of this team as fans implying "we" this or "we" that..until one of those people line up and play saturday it isnt a "we" thing...its a "they or them" The Gators will earn their respect as the year goes along if "they" continue to win, so I have no issues at all with "them" being ranked where they are currently!!!

End of Rant lol
  3. AFCyberGator

AFCyberGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +343
    The Gators will earn some respect by beating Miami, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Arkansas. Beat LSU, and we will not be complaining about disrespect for a couple weeks.
  4. SavageGator

SavageGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    GatornGA31909,

Some us as long time fans and/or former athletes earned the right to take ownership. I wore a Gator uniform. I'm sorry you feel you are not part of us!

End of non Rant lol
  5. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    Like I said, if your not putting on the uniform saturday against Miami..its their team, not yours..your just a fan as I am. so in fact I am a part of us...the fans are us..the players are them...I never implied anyone in particular just said some people, if you would like to add yourself to that "some" by all means do so...You'll get your bragging rights to make your ego feel better as the year goes along..Dont feel so bad about the team you own is only ranked 12th. However if your not in that group of "some" that feels disrespected by this ranking, ignore the post and move on..feeling guilty much???
  6. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +965
    USAToday had their SEC rankings and they wanted to put us at 9th. Said we didn't look like a Top 10 team.
  7. SavageGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    You entitled not to feel part of the Gators, but I will always be a Gator.
  8. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    I say the same thing to my friends who choose to like other teams..one being Miami in particular..He told me today he cant wait till "we" as in the hurricanes kick "yalls" as in the Gators rear ends putting it in a nice way...I said I dont play for the Gators and you dont play for Miami so we aint kicking nobody's rear ends, if anything it would be Miami kicking the Gators rear ends you cant wait for, but you wont be there doing it with them..and I simply stated thats just wishful thinking cause the Gators taking this win..Go Gators
  9. SavageGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    Your opinion is noted.
  10. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    I dont gain entitlement for being a fan of a team..its ends with being a fan..I want the best for them and want to see them win, but I cant change it if they win or lose, so that leaves me as a fan..so as you bud regardless of how you want to feel, your still just a fan!! you cant change the outcomes of their games either, only they can since they are the ones playing!!
  11. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    so theres nothing more to gain going back and forth with you on this matter, you feel the way you do, and im not trying to change it..just point things out in a perspective I feel needs to be address with the constant whining and bickering about the Gators on this forum and how they need to do this and they should do that to look better to the pollsters..if you personally feel disrespected by this ranking they have given us, then call CWM or Foley and tell them since you are enshrined with ownership and refuse to allow this to happen any longer..you want your bragging rights and you want them now!!
  12. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,590
    I don't know, 90,000 screaming fans can help the defense out quite a bit. If you think otherwise, you're sadly mistaken. Much like A&M, we, the fans, are the 12th man. So yes, we will continue to say "we". Not to mention all the boosters that help pay for those scholarships the players are using. Or how about the fans that travel to Nashville for what we know is an easy win, but we go anyway. All to support our guys. I think that WE are part of the team, in a way.

Rant over! :ninja:
  13. SavageGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    The title and point of this thread is that being #12 is good news and it is celebrating being underestimated, not whining.
  14. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    Then my point wasnt pointed at you...why you felt the need to bloviate upon it stumps me..I agree with you far as the original post concerns, The Gators in deed can use this as motivation and give other teams a false sense of winning ability over them because they dont appeal to the pollsters..underestimating is always a good thing for the underestimated!
  15. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    I have been 1 of those 90,000 many of times, and loved every minute of it. even at those games away from the swamp sitting at the upper deck in Auburn with only a handful of Gator "Fans" cheering for the team. I do my fair share of supporting the Gators but by no means do I consider myself apart of the team..we are apart of Gatornation, which is the only thing closely related to this team, but you know what, they didnt give Gatornation the ranking of 12th in the AP Poll, they gave it to the current University of Florida Gators Football Team, so I myself do not feel disrespected by it as the fan, and I highly doubt the football team does either..least not in an open manner because Muschamp would silence it and tell them it doesnt matter...My original point was only directed at those fans on here who feel personally disrespected by it because it hurts their personal ego...I cant help you and Savage have managed to misconstrue my point and turn this into a my team your team tug of war..if it hurts your feelings we received this ranking then go cry in your bed about it and when you get to work tomorrow tell all your buddies there how much it hurts..but I couldnt care less
  16. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,590
    I must not have read everything. I don't feel disrespected by the ranking. Well, a little. But not enough to cry about it. It certainly didn't "hurt my feelings". I just have issue with the "we" part. We do a lot as fans. (Some more than others) Obviously we're not actual players, but we do a lot to make sure they have the support they need. We're all in it together. When they lose, we lose. When they win, we win. Maybe I'm just too passionate about football... Who knows

Either way, go gators! :wave:
  17. SavageGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    We have an emotional bond with the team that GatornGa31909 does not have and he has a problem with it that we do or he wouldn't bring it up. He came here and started criticizing how we feel about the team. How we feel shouldn't bother him but it does. He starts by saying-

"The problem some of you have when you feel we get disrespected by the rankings weve received or mad about the results following this weeks unfolding of evets with other teams losses are simple...You are looking for bragging rights to amp yourselves up at work to tell tell your buddies just how good the Gators are and so on..The Gators didnt get disrespected, you did and your showing it..Muschamp could care less about the rankings right now and he has said so..he dont need bragging rights or feel good points to talk about with his buddies..he gets his satisfaction out of beating the opposing teams..period..nothing more or less.

I love how some like to take ownership of this team as fans implying "we" this or "we" that..until one of those people line up and play saturday it isnt a "we" thing...its a "they or them" The Gators will earn their respect as the year goes along if "they" continue to win, so I have no issues at all with "them" being ranked where they are currently!!!"

I would say that the problem is his not ours.

Savage
  18. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    not quite.no problem with me whatsoever..im happy as as can be with the team and myself...Maybe those who felt the disrespect have the problem, which is what ive beeen talking about the whole time. absolutley nothing to do with passion..Ive got more than most people want to get into a convo about with me about the Gators, I just never say its my team..Im passionate about their team..thats all..I never was once pointing fingers at either of you..just the crowd who moan and groan all day with this or that and simply dont like the ranking...nothing more or less..Just because you two want to make more out of it and create a buzz on your thread is your problem cause it means nothing to me..I love talking about the Gators even if it means like this
  19. swampgas44

swampgas44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +49
    Will Herbie pick against us again this week? :awkward:
  20. GATORnGA31909

Ratings Received:
    +71
    Funny how you guys love to argue even with the people trying to defend "your" team. you will over analyze their statement, find some way to disagree and start the issue. You guys have been here long enough and I assume are intelligent enough to know exactly who I was aiming my comments toward..The negative crowd..the ones who are never happy with this team regardless of them winning or not. I wasnt talking about the ones who love this team and and support them even if they aint winning pretty. if we simply disagree about the topic of team ownership with the fans..then let it be..we shall agree to disagree on that matter, but I dont feel it makes anyone more or less supportive of the Gators..We just have different opinions on who the Gators are..I think they are the ones who suit up and play, and the fans on the one who sit or stand to watch them play. Either way its no big deal if it makes you feel better you are apart of the team, long as its in a positive way..not the negative way some of those other folks im talking about like to be. Those are the ones who are unhappy that they cant brag about how good the Gators look with big scores and blowout wins..they are losing talking points among their football circles and it makes them mad so they want to see different results, cause who in their right mind would be unhappy about a win, well that answer is clear, we have plenty not in their right mind here cause it seems they cant be happy unless we are winning 60-0