Beer you are drinking right now

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by StrangeGator, Jan 30, 2012.

1. mexicanconnection2002

mexicanconnection2002 Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Have done all, but usually do extract with specialty grains due to time. I usually brew in afternoon after work and I can knock out a batch in a little over two hours.

Last night I was drinking a clone of cigar city jai alai ipa and a bomber of Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye.
  2. gators_8

gators_8 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,010
    Victory Flying Golden Monkey
  3. phatGator

phatGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +248
  4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,105
    Had a bomber of Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Wild Monday night, then had a little argument with my wife and went out to Poor Phil's, the local craft beer joint. Had a 3Fs Dreadnaught, then a DFH Burton Baton, and finally some rare DIPA that Phil's had brought in special that was about 12% abv. Overall, I had a little too much. Been taking it easy since then, working out every day, even fasted on Wednesday. Got two hours at the dojo tonight. Will treat myself to a little something tonight, just not a Little Sumpin'. Seems like that's when things start to go wrong. That's what I was drinking during the game last Saturday.

Speaking of jinxes (I know I've brought this up before) UF has never lost to UGA when my wife and I had sex the morning before the game and only once has UF won that game when we didn't. That was the week after our twins were born.
  5. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +712
    Dude. Tell you wife to take one for the team from now on during fla/ga. We need her.

Just drank a zombie dust for the first time. It lives up to all the hype
  6. RayUF07

RayUF07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    Made our now semi-monthly trip to total wine. Picked up all my usuals, as well as 3 bombers of 75 Minute IPA. I'm going to drink those tonight; I haven't had the 75 before so we'll see how it goes.
  7. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,105
    Very intrigued by the 75. Still haven't seen it in this area. Waiting for the 120 to arrive, but I can imagine the difficulties they're having after the storm. I wonder if there wasn't some damage to their bottling facilities.
  8. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,105
    She cares slightly less about the Gators than she does about my "animal" needs. She's from the north, attended Emory and lived in Atlanta for 12 years before she met me. Her best friend was a Bulldog. She claims to be a Gator, but I've never gotten her to watch more than half a game of football on the TV. Only games she's sat through were at the Swamp.

I don't know if the jinx is about whether we have sex or whether I have sex. Maybe someone else needs to start taking from for the team each year. If it was an every game day thing, we'd be lucky to go .500. It was a fun little thing for her when we were newly weds, then it became a chore. These days, I do most of the chores by myself.

Yea, the Zombie Dust rocks.
  9. jeffh11

jeffh11 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +203
    Work for a beer distributorship here in Tenn, Nashville area and we just got these in the warehouse not long ago. How is it?
  10. RayUF07

Ratings Received:
    +224
    I really enjoyed it. Followed up a bomber with a 2 Hearted Ale, and now finishing with a 90 Minute.

The 75 is what it is supposed to be, to me. It's a perfect blend of the 90/60, with a hint of Maple on top. A nice, full taste but still easy to drink. I could see myself drinking it more often, session type beer if only it was in 12 OZ bottles (and more readily available). Unlike 90, where I never want more than 2-3, I could see drinking 4-5 of these and enjoying it, but not being too drunk. It's a great balance between the 60 and 90, but much better than the 60 IMO. I won't say it's got the taste of the 90; it doesn't. But it's different in it's own right and has it's own unique flavor which I rather enjoyed. I can't wait to drink the other 2 bombers tomorrow or another day.

I am wondering if I regret now not getting more. I haven't seen it in awhile, and they had several dozen on the shelf. Not having tried it before, and at $8.99 a pop, I thought 3 was a safe number. Especially considering the other beers I was already purchasing. I was still happy to see it, try it, and hope to get some more in the future.

I have also been looking for some 120. Supposedly there was a Whole Foods in my area that received a recent shipment; went by there, no luck. I'll continue searching.

In other good news, I have a contact in Colorado who is supposed to get his hands on some Pliny the Elder soon; I am looking forward to him sending me some. I feel kind of dirty, but a Dawg fan friend who is a distributor of beer in Georgia set me up with him. I figure for some Elder, it's worth it. :smoke:

Cheers.
  11. RayUF07

Ratings Received:
    +224
    I saw this today, almost pulled the trigger but by the time I filled my usual quota, added a few other new beers and the aforementioned DFH 75 Bombers, I didn't want to spend anymore.

Hopefully I don't regret not picking it up.
  12. RayUF07

Ratings Received:
    +224
    I've heard, but I can't get my hands on it here. I'd love to try it.
  13. channingcrowderhungry

Ratings Received:
    +712
    It's good but nothing to write home about.
  14. channingcrowderhungry

Ratings Received:
    +712
    You make me want to get married :)
  15. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +116
    What is this sex thing that you speak of?

I hope it s better than the guy and the six other women that I have known for the past five years. Before you jump to conclusions this is not what you are thinking. A lot of us (perhaps too many) know this guy very well. Too well. His name is Otto E. Rotica. As for the six women they are well known too. Every man knows Mary Palm and her five sisters.
  16. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,105
    Discovered a very, very reasonably priced double IPA. It's not going to be become my staple, but Boatswain's Double IPA at Trader Joe's is the most bang you can get for the buck anywhere. While only 75 IBUs, it's 8.4% abv and tastes decent. The price? Hang on to your pint glasses; $1.99 a bomber. Not a game-changer by any means, but it's nice to have a "Two-Buck Chuck" for double IPA drinkers.

Near the bottom of one right now. Hides the alcohol quite well, but not with hops. It's just pleasantly bland for a double IPA. I'll follow that with another Little Sumpin' Wild. I figure it's safe since the Gators already won. I've noticed some floral notes when I drink it, very aromatic. Saw on the bottle when I picked it up that it uses the yeast from Westmalle Trappist ale. That's freakin' awesome.
  17. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +360
    Just had my first beer in a while. North coast old Rasputin. Pretty good.
  18. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,105
    My palette is beat from all the heavy hops. Thinking about taking a break from beer until the f$u game, unless some celebratory event comes up in the interim. I do have a second job interview on Wednesday. Even if I get that, I'll probably just celebrate for one night and then chill until the big game.

FWIW, I actually enjoyed (tolerated is a better word) yesterday's game more by not drinking. One season a few years back, my family insisted I stop drinking during Gator games. Something about a shoe thrown at the TV screen.
  19. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +360
    Haha, I couldnt much watch the game yesterday let alone drink during it. It started at 9am here and while normally that would not keep me from drinking I had to spend all day yesterday at a bodybuilding, figure, physique and bikini competition.

So I think following along on my phone was much safer for me and I got to make up for it by going out for a few beers and a few too many vodka sodas.
  20. amangator08

amangator08 Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    Agree with Channing. Solid, but nothing special.

I'm in Nashville. I got it at the Cool Springs WF. I hit both Whole Foods up pretty regularly to fill my growlers.